Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

Uh, okay? Cause it's impossible to know if someone is good or not without looking at stats...

halek had one good playoff year and since then has been doing his best to lose a starting job. At his best elliott is good, unfortunitly he is not at his best often. Neither goalie has been able to win the starting gig and it's not because of how great the other is playing. To me the numbers they both have had the past couple seasons are more a indication of the strength of the roster and system than their skill

halek had one good playoff year and since then has been doing his best to lose a starting job. At his best elliott is good, unfortunitly he is not at his best often. Neither goalie has been able to win the starting gig and it's not because of how great the other is playing. To me the numbers they both have had the past couple seasons are more a indication of the strength of the roster and system than their skill

Good post. Nailed it.

Well, i know Miller isn't that great in the playoffs cause i watched him. (Choked vs. Carolina in 06, choked in 07 in OT when Alfredsson took that weak shot and scored, was ok during the Boston series, stunk in the Philly series)

I looked up Elliott and Halak stats. But, anyone who knows anything about Hockey knows Elliott and Halak are good goalies. Plus, I did catch a few of their playoff games last year.

:blink: Are you currently in the state of Colorado or Washington? This is just ridiculous. A borderline playoff team, and Miller backstops them to 2 1-0 wins (where we were heavily outshot) and puts one of the top playoff teams (Who was HEAVILY favored) on the verge of ousting on his own. If not for some ###### calls in game 6, Buffalo Miller wins that series hands down. And in regards to the other series, I was at a few of those playoff games in 06 and 07, and Miller was not the reason we were ousted.

And Halak and Eliot will not win a team a cup. They will get you close, but they are not good enough to win it all as the #1 goalie on a team IMO. I'd much rather have Miller backed up by either Halak or Eliot.

Well, i know Miller isn't that great in the playoffs cause i watched him. (Choked vs. Carolina in 06, choked in 07 in OT when Alfredsson took that weak shot and scored, was ok during the Boston series, stunk in the Philly series)

I looked up Elliott and Halak stats. But, anyone who knows anything about Hockey knows Elliott and Halak are good goalies. Plus, I did catch a few of their playoff games last year.

In 2006 when the entire defense was injured and in 2007 when we were playing in a series down 3games to 1... a series in which Ryan Miller lost a 1-0 decision because his team couldn't score. I have a sense of humor... you are hilarious!

:blink: Are you currently in the state of Colorado or Washington? This is just ridiculous. A borderline playoff team, and Miller backstops them to 2 1-0 wins (where we were heavily outshot) and puts one of the top playoff teams (Who was HEAVILY favored) on the verge of ousting on his own. If not for some ###### calls in game 6, Buffalo Miller wins that series hands down. And in regards to the other series, I was at a few of those playoff games in 06 and 07, and Miller was not the reason we were ousted.

And Halak and Eliot will not win a team a cup. They will get you close, but they are not good enough to win it all as the #1 goalie on a team IMO. I'd much rather have Miller backed up by either Halak or Eliot.

I completely agree w/ your principle re the Bruins series, but the Sabres won the division that year and were not a "borderline" playoff team. It just wasn't a good matchup (and same goes for NJ, who pipped the Sabres for the #2 seed only to be ousted in the first round--Buffalo would have fared better against Filly, and NJ against Boston); also, Boychuk slashing Vanek had something to do with that one. But Miller carried the Sabres on his back in that series, no question.

As for the poster you're responding to, I'm suspecting a troll based upon the first 19 posts. Don't feed the troll.

I completely agree w/ your principle re the Bruins series, but the Sabres won the division that year and were not a "borderline" playoff team. It just wasn't a good matchup (and same goes for NJ, who pipped the Sabres for the #2 seed only to be ousted in the first round--Buffalo would have fared better against Filly, and NJ against Boston); also, Boychuk slashing Vanek had something to do with that one. But Miller carried the Sabres on his back in that series, no question.

As for the poster you're responding to, I'm suspecting a troll based upon the first 19 posts. Don't feed the troll.

I was talking about the philly series the year after that when Miller was the only player on the Sabres to show up for 5 out of the 7 seven games, but yes.

And after reading his other posts, I realized what I had done. :oops:

I was talking about the philly series the year after that when Miller was the only player on the Sabres to show up for 5 out of the 7 seven games, but yes.

And after reading his other posts, I realized what I had done. :oops:

Well, with the Filly series, you're dead on right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.