Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

One of my wife's friends gave her "50 Shades of Grey" as a gift. How should I interpret that? As an invitation to hot lesbian action?

I'm guessing she's complaining to her and she's trying to help... step up your game man. ;)

I suddenly have this image of d4rk as a young Matthew Broderick on the lam.

I can grow a beard though.

I don't know how you should interpret it, but you'd better start eating your Wheaties. If she starts reading that book, you're going to need some energy.

d4rk, are the computers at CERN finished compiling your statistics yet?

Probably not till later in the week as I'm working a lot of twelves this week.

Funny thing is, if you see her in real life, you think, "well, there's a cute little brunette," and that's about it. It's really not a jaw-dropping experience.

I tuned into the Humana Challenge Pro-Am on Saturday and the first image that I saw was of this brunette woman Holly Sonders, and my jaw did indeed drop. Tough work being her caddy, huh?

post-61-0-58735600-1390245148_thumb.jpg

post-61-0-03476900-1390244816_thumb.jpg

It was hilarious listening to the announcers doing super slo-mo breakdowns of her swing. They had a hard time keeping it together.

http://www.golfdiges...-challenge.html

Edited by Claude_Verret

Hey, if they can make a noun out of "compete", then you are certainly entitled to make a verb out of mercenary.

GO SABRES!!!

The verb is "merce" though, I merce, he merces, she merces. Mercenary is "someone who merces". If you're going to make up words, make them up right!

The Edmonton Journal reported that the Blues are dangling Magnus Paajarvi and a first rounder for goalie help.

I don't think they're interested in any goalie other than Ryan Miller, for the record, because he's the only one available that would definitely improve their situation at the position. So, if true, that would suggest this is what they may be offering us right now. I think Paajarvi is a good prospect, but there are a handful of Blues prospects I would rather have. If they are offering this now, then it's definitely a good "fallback" offer.

I like it. That's an offer we can probably persuade the Caps to beat, and a lot better than letting Miller walk for nothing.

Certainly. I'm banking on the Caps and Blues doing a bit of bidding back and forth. You just don't want to push too hard and end up having one drop out too early, and you don't want to make either team feel like they're being "used."

Certainly. I'm banking on the Caps and Blues doing a bit of bidding back and forth. You just don't want to push too hard and end up having one drop out too early, and you don't want to make either team feel like they're being "used."

Take it for what it's worth but DR was reportedly asking for two 1st, a 2nd and a prospect with a top 6 ceiling. Some less then reputable sources have reported that as TM's starting point.

Take it for what it's worth but DR was reportedly asking for two 1st, a 2nd and a prospect with a top 6 ceiling. Some less then reputable sources have reported that as TM's starting point.

Two late ones, a 2, and a top prospect seems reasonable for 1.5 years of miller. Maybe a little high for a playoff rental.

Might get that same deal with one of the firsts being conditional on re-signing.

I'd assume TM would also ask for something that ridiculous to start talks, but he'll hopefully make it more reasonable as the time comes. The final price would likely be somewhere in the middle of St. Louis' alleged offer and TM's alleged asking price.

Could see sometbing like: first, conditional second and a top prospect (above Paajarvi).

Two late ones, a 2, and a top prospect seems reasonable for 1.5 years of miller. Maybe a little high for a playoff rental.

Might get that same deal with one of the firsts being conditional on re-signing.

The problem is that last year Miller wasn't really lighting the world on fire. We spent last season talking about how Miller wouldn't have been a huge upgrade for most of the playoff teams.

It's still mind-boggling to me that Regier didn't move him during the off-season. His whole plan was to bottom out and draft high. So he decides to keep a goalie whose performance ranges from "good" to "best in the world" on the roster for that? This would be an example of Regier putting "winning trades" over having a plan for the team.

Why would they trade Miller to the Blues? They have Elliot and Halak. Both of them are starters.

I really want Miller to be traded, cause he's overrated and whiny, but I dont think anyone is going to take him.

Playoffs. Both Halak and Elliot are free agents and the organization hasn't seemed to be infatuated with either. Better to combine the efforts of both into one goalie and then give Jake Allen a shot as backup.

Playoffs. Both Halak and Elliot are free agents and the organization hasn't seemed to be infatuated with either. Better to combine the efforts of both into one goalie and then give Jake Allen a shot as backup.

What? Both Elliott and Halak were good in the playoffs. Goaltending wasn't the reason the Blues lost in the playoffs. Miller isn't that great in the playoffs anyway. Plus he's older.

Well, i know Miller isn't that great in the playoffs cause i watched him. (Choked vs. Carolina in 06, choked in 07 in OT when Alfredsson took that weak shot and scored, was ok during the Boston series, stunk in the Philly series)

I looked up Elliott and Halak stats. But, anyone who knows anything about Hockey knows Elliott and Halak are good goalies. Plus, I did catch a few of their playoff games last year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.