Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

I think we should all create accounts on other teams message boards and see how quickly we can get banned. We can make a game of it. Or perhaps another gambling thread. Who can get banned from Toronto's board in the least amount of posts?

I remember posters from here getting banned on the Canes board back in the day without even attempting to troll. The admin on the board even admitted at one point there was no egregious behavior necessary, simply identify yourself as a Sabres fan and you were likely getting banned.

I remember posters from here getting banned on the Canes board back in the day without even attempting to troll. The admin on the board even admitted at one point there was no egregious behavior necessary, simply identify yourself as a Sabres fan and you were likely getting banned.

I never posted on any of their boards but I remember you posting a link to one where they were whining about me and my antics. The legends of Sabres fan baby eating, mugging old ladies, etc. are still going strong in Canesland. I remember one time I missed a game in Raleigh because something came up so I wasn't even in the area and apparently I was still spotted out in the parking lots causing problems and instigating fights. Apparently the Ghost of Drunkard did my bidding and went out there to wreak havoc. Good times.

Kevin Sylvester and Andrew Peters were talking about it just now on hockey hotline, specifically the Blues scenario, Edmonton was brought up and Kevin Sylvester whispered that was already attempted. I have to assume based on that gaffe that was heard online that Miller nixed going to Edmonton with his 8 team no trade list. Just an assumption on my part, but well within the realm of reason. St. Louis offers something alluring to Miller, a chance to contend for the Cup now. Take it with a grain of salt.........

Kevin Sylvester and Andrew Peters were talking about it just now on hockey hotline, specifically the Blues scenario, Edmonton was brought up and Kevin Sylvester whispered that was already attempted. I have to assume based on that gaffe that was heard online that Miller nixed going to Edmonton with his 8 team no trade list. Just an assumption on my part, but well within the realm of reason. St. Louis offers something alluring to Miller, a chance to contend for the Cup now. Take it with a grain of salt.........

I think Miller refusing a trade to Edmonton is a good sign for us. Were I in his shoes I'd have been on the next flight out of town. That team could make the playoffs with a real goalie in net.

I think Miller refusing a trade to Edmonton is a good sign for us. Were I in his shoes I'd have been on the next flight out of town. That team could make the playoffs with a real goalie in net.

Meh, I wouldn't agree to a deal there if I didn't have to, Its not that much better then staying in Buffalo if you can convince the Sabres to make a couple moves. Sure they have a bunch of "top of the draft" forwards, but the defence is a mess and probably worse then what he has here. He might get better goal support in Edmonton, but not any more help in his end then he has now.

Go to somewhere like St. louis where you would almost certainly make them cup favorites and you can have the best chance to win a cup this year, then cash in somewhere else of your chosing thats best for you as a FA

Totally disagree on that as sentence. They've looked completely terrible in the games I've watched -- like Ron Rolston Sabres terrible. And even if they weren't that bad, the West is ridiculous this year. The Oilers are nowhere close to being in the playoffs.

With Miller having quite a bit of leverage, I would think he would hold out for a more favorable landing spot with regards to a playoff run this year. Remember that as a UFA at the end of the year he is most likely testing free agency anyways, so Edmonton doesn't accomplish anything since they aren't making a playoff run this year.

With Miller having quite a bit of leverage, I would think he would hold out for a more favorable landing spot with regards to a playoff run this year. Remember that as a UFA at the end of the year he is most likely testing free agency anyways, so Edmonton doesn't accomplish anything since they aren't making a playoff run this year.

Agreed. If it is the Blues in the end, what type of return for Miller are we looking at?

I can't see them willing to part with Rattie or Schwartz and Taresenko wouldn't even be in the conversation for a UFA Miller. This is just my thoughts of course.

Carrier and Kurker while taking back Halak for salary reasons and a 1st/2nd maybe? Don't know, any thoughts from anyone else specific to the St. Louis scenario?

Agreed. If it is the Blues in the end, what type of return for Miller are we looking at?

I can't see them willing to part with Rattie or Schwartz and Taresenko wouldn't even be in the conversation for a UFA Miller. This is just my thoughts of course.

Carrier and Kurker while taking back Halak for salary reasons and a 1st/2nd maybe? Don't know, any thoughts from anyone else specific to the St. Louis scenario?

I think any deal with St. louis would have to include either Halak or Elliot just to make the salaries and log jam in net work. I would take Halak as the main piece of the deal back, with a 1st (which is probably going to be more like a very high second anyways) for Miller as an UFA at the end of the season, maybe get them to make a conditional 1st or 2nd next year if he re-signs with them.

If Miller doesn't come back to Buffalo in July, they can re-sign Halak and still have a decent starter in net while they continue to rebuild

The blues are unlikely to give up a regular - Paajarvi was mentioned, and that is about as good as it would get IMO.

They do however have a couple potential top six prospects in Dmitri Jaskin and Ty Rattie, a low first and Edmonton's second.

I see the most likely scenario as two of those coming our way, in addition to Halak as a salary dump, with possibility of an exchange of lower prospects and picks to balance it out. The blues may also be interested in us giving them a low-cost depth guy as well

I never posted on any of their boards but I remember you posting a link to one where they were whining about me and my antics. The legends of Sabres fan baby eating, mugging old ladies, etc. are still going strong in Canesland. I remember one time I missed a game in Raleigh because something came up so I wasn't even in the area and apparently I was still spotted out in the parking lots causing problems and instigating fights. Apparently the Ghost of Drunkard did my bidding and went out there to wreak havoc. Good times.

You are definitely in their heads. I still know Canes fans who bring up "that Sabres fan with the Drunkard jersey" all the time.

There was also the game recently where fans on the Canes board reported "a bus full of drunk Sabres fans spotted on I-40 heading towards the arena." That sent a lot of people into a tizzy.

With both teams sucking recently the intensity has certainly dwindled some, but the ghosts of the pillaging of yore still haunt those grounds.

I think Buffalo fans would love to have Taresenko. Exactly the type of scoring winger we are looking to rebuild with. However, that is 100% a pipe dream, especially since we would certainly be getting Elliot/Halak back in a goalie swap.

The blues are unlikely to give up a regular - Paajarvi was mentioned, and that is about as good as it would get IMO.

They do however have a couple potential top six prospects in Dmitri Jaskin and Ty Rattie, a low first and Edmonton's second.

I see the most likely scenario as two of those coming our way, in addition to Halak as a salary dump, with possibility of an exchange of lower prospects and picks to balance it out. The blues may also be interested in us giving them a low-cost depth guy as well

So if the offer is something like Halak, Rattie and EDM second for Miller, what else would we need to add to even it out. I think that looks pretty good on our end considering the limited options of trade partners for Miller.

I think Buffalo fans would love to have Taresenko. Exactly the type of scoring winger we are looking to rebuild with. However, that is 100% a pipe dream, especially since we would certainly be getting Elliot/Halak back in a goalie swap.

So if the offer is something like Halak, Rattie and EDM second for Miller, what else would we need to add to even it out. I think that looks pretty good on our end considering the limited options of trade partners for Miller.

What about,

Tarasenko, Halak for Miller (retain salary) Moulson and maybe a pick somewhere?

ponder if Miller desired to stay in Buffalo and team sincerely wanted him why a deal not done a long time ago. Apart from Miller gambling his stature after Olympics will be higher and he get better contract, got to think Miller will be gone, both he and team looking for the right time and place to their respective best advantage.

Edited by millbank

Probably right. I think if we were to trade with St Louis, Rattie is the most likely prospect coming back. Tarasenko is just to good.

Relatively equal prospects, but I would take Jaskin over Rattie. Jaskin is a big kid who can score. Rattie has great hands and hockey sense, but is small and not very fast.

What about,

Tarasenko, Halak for Miller (retain salary) Moulson and maybe a pick somewhere?

I could only see the Blues doing that if they think that makes them cup contenders/favorites this year. It would be the ultimate 'go for it' move. Two rentals for your top young prospect who has made an impact in the NHL (not to mention giving back your top goalie in the timeshare).

That being said, I would probably sh!t my britches if that was actually the trade (in a good way)

Relatively equal prospects, but I would take Jaskin over Rattie. Jaskin is a big kid who can score. Rattie has great hands and hockey sense, but is small and not very fast.

I don't believe Jaskin or Rattie are in the conversation unless we add, and most likely a forward prospect, most likely center since they have an abundance of winger prospects.

I'm looking at Paajarvi (22 yrs old, most likely what Murray is looking for development/age wise), Kurker or Carrier (both are 19 and still in their junior system) as the likely 3. Just my opinion is all. All 3 are LW'ers.

Totally disagree on that as sentence. They've looked completely terrible in the games I've watched -- like Ron Rolston Sabres terrible. And even if they weren't that bad, the West is ridiculous this year. The Oilers are nowhere close to being in the playoffs.

I guess we disagree on where the Oilers are at. When I watch them play I see a team that is aggressive and fast, and almost 100% offense first. There's no lack of scoring talent. Their defense is very mobile as well. But that means an unbalanced team. Not that Miller would solve their problem entirely, but I believe if he were the Oilers goaltender, you'd see some of the NHLs best defensemen saying "oh, I would love to play there. I could be their missing link."

Miller and Brooks Orpik go to Edmonton at the deadline and suddenly you have a hockey team.

I think Miller refusing a trade to Edmonton is a good sign for us. Were I in his shoes I'd have been on the next flight out of town. That team could make the playoffs with a real goalie in netnet

They are currently 23 points out of a playoff spot. If Miller was that big of a difference maker we would have been going to a few parades by now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.