• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Murray has the luxury of a last place team. Most of the time Darcy at least had playoff possibilities and a locker room to consider. TM is basically putting up the last place rummage sale sign.

This is a great point. TM has the luxury of the total lack of constraints a last place club provides. DR was always walking that thin line.

GO SABRES!!!

Murray has the luxury of a last place team. Most of the time Darcy at least had playoff possibilities and a locker room to consider. TM is basically putting up the last place rummage sale sign.

A fine point. Everyone everywhere knows what the record is and what happens when when it's like that. TM also doesn't have the established personal relationships, so any reservation about being completely up front about, "yeah, I'm definitely try to move that guy" may not be as present.

A fine point. Everyone everywhere knows what the record is and what happens when when it's like that. TM also doesn't have the established personal relationships, so any reservation about being completely up front about, "yeah, I'm definitely try to move that guy" may not be as present.

Yep, these aren't Murray's "guys." So he doesn't feel any undue pressure to keep certain guys.

On another note, amid all of the doom and gloom and "trade everyone over 30" sentiment, we already are ranked #2 in the NHL in terms of present prospects in our system according to Hockey's Future: http://www.hockeysfu.../team-rankings/

We will, of course, add a top-3 pick to that group this year and have a pile of future picks on the way. So, I think Murray is right in wanting some young veterans as a return in our upcoming trade-athon.

I hope he loses in the first round no matter where he goes. Tired of Buffalo players leaving and then winning a Cup or Super Bowl somewhere else.

You mean you weren't happy for our old "pal" Marshawn 3 weeks ago? :lol:

Your one consolation prize - while Lynch was clearing important in the regular season in helping get the Sickhawks to the big game, he wasn't much of a factor in the "Big Game". He had only 39 yards and averaged only 2.6 yds per carry. Harvin actually had more yards rushing than Lynch. The one thing Broncos did do right - and there weren't many things they did right - was to figure him out and contain him.

Though I realize the possibility of it happening is somewhere between 'not gonna happen' and 'no ####ing way,' in my ideal scenario all of the 'big 3' get traded and then sign w/ the b&g this summer.

Miller is the only one I don't see coming back. I think once he's gone, he's gone and we're off to goalie purgatory unless a really promising goalie comes back in a trade for him.

This is not correct. Just last year the Caps gave up Forsberg for Martin Erat, Vancouver traded their #4 prospect for Derek Roy, and Pittsburgh traded a number of their top prospects for Iginla and Morrow. Also, Pommer and Bouwmeester returned very good prospects in trade, although each of them had a year left on their contracts. But if you look at the deadline deals year-over-year, it happens regularly.

Two of those people weren't rentals, and the Pens didn't give up any top prospects for Morrow or Iginla. The Blues got Bouwmeester cheap (and I don't believe he was a rental). The Erat trade was pure desperation even though he wasn't a rental.

I'm not saying too prospects as in somebody in the top ten for that team, I'm saying top prospects who are at or near the top of their position in the entire league.

This should be a sig somewhere.

I nominate you. You have the room so go for it, :flirt: .

They all should be gone. Whether they come back is the question.

I would trade them all and then pursue them heavily in the offseason. Tell Ott and Moulson you will give them decent long term deals to come back. 5yrs 22mil for Ott and 5yrs 30mil for Moulson. Have the deals taper as much as possible at the end so they can be traded if needed.

Two of those people weren't rentals, and the Pens didn't give up any top prospects for Morrow or Iginla. The Blues got Bouwmeester cheap (and I don't believe he was a rental). The Erat trade was pure desperation even though he wasn't a rental.

I'm not saying too prospects as in somebody in the top ten for that team, I'm saying top prospects who are at or near the top of their position in the entire league.

You're right that Erat was not a true rental -- I spaced on that. Bouwmeester and Pommer weren't true rentals, but each had only one more year on their deals

Brenden Morrow was a true rental and Pittsburgh gave up the #35 prospect in the NHL for him.

When the Bruins traded for Kaberle in 2011, Kaberle was a true rental and Boston gave up Colborne, who was the #22 rated prospect in the NHL.

It happens regularly.

i dont know about that..... Tkachuck was traded for by the Thrashers the only year they made the playoffs and then went back to the Blues

I'm pretty sure it happened in Colorado once too but I'm blanking on who the player was right now. Adam Foote maybe?

Edited by Derrico

We can afford Ott and Moulson, we need Ott and Moulson.

Ott and Moulson like it here.

I don't think it is likely they re-sign after being traded, but there is some chance.

Doug Weight I believe was another guy who did a Tkachuk.

Edited by dudacek

You mean you weren't happy for our old "pal" Marshawn 3 weeks ago? :lol:

Your one consolation prize - while Lynch was clearing important in the regular season in helping get the Sickhawks to the big game, he wasn't much of a factor in the "Big Game". He had only 39 yards and averaged only 2.6 yds per carry. Harvin actually had more yards rushing than Lynch. The one thing Broncos did do right - and there weren't many things they did right - was to figure him out and contain him.

You could say that if the game was even remotely close, but as far as anyone outside the Seahawks team knows, It may not have been that the broncos contained him andymore then them having a big lead and everything else working that they didn't try to do much with him. Also, Lynch seems like the type of guy in Seattle that quietly gets a few yards most of the game, then rips off a couple of big runs once in a while that help up his stats and make it look like he did even more.

It's a very rare move. It has probably never happened with players who have only been on the team for less than a full year or less than two full years. Or to the last-placed team.

or if the deadline was on tuesday... or if jupiter was aligned with mars... or if coconuts migrate.

Every year we are told no one is going to trade picks and prospects of good quality for rentals and every year we see it happen.

or if the deadline was on tuesday... or if jupiter was aligned with mars... or if coconuts migrate.

Every year we are told no one is going to trade picks and prospects of good quality for rentals and every year we see it happen.

I just read an article in The Hockey News magazine and they were discussing deadline moves involving 1st round picks and how they look good, but don't usually end up hurting the team that traded them because most of the time the team trading them has a late 1st round pick and its less likely that player turns into anything really special. It was said that most good GMs of contenders are willing to move that late 1st for something decent over better prospects because they know the better prospect will probably amount to more in the league and is worth more then a rental at the deadline

Keith Tkachuk at least once with St. Louis as well. But I think it was twice with them.

i dont know about that..... Tkachuck was traded for by the Thrashers the only year they made the playoffs and then went back to the Blues

Ignore me, I get my power forwards that start with T that fade down the stretch mixed up.

Mock it all you want, but it's not one of those reaching for stats situations. It doesn't happen. For a reason. Players don't get traded away from a place they've been to for such a short time and then come running back in the offseason to be on a last place team.

It's two separate things: players don't get traded away from a place they've been at for a short time and players don't get traded from last place teams and then go running back. We happen to be in both situations with our players.