• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

I think you are really underestimating the market value of Ehrhoff's skill set.

Or you have something to justify a high estimation of M. Subban.

Agreed....defensemen with an offensive pedigree are very prized during this time of year. Almost too much to be honest. Leopold was worth two 2nd round picks, and isn't in the same class as #10.

Sounds like Ott and Miller are going away. Seems to me that Moulson might be. I will have to listen to it again later.

I'm good with dealing Ott and Miller at the deadline. I've always hoped we hold onto Moulson since we simply need guys who can put pucks in the net and he has proven he can do that.

I hope we clear out a defenseman or two at the deadline as well. We need to clear some room for guys like Pysyk, McNabb, and Risto.

Miller to Stl by the end of the week for Rattie and a pick.

This sounds reasonable to me. I watch the Blues a lot since they're in the Preds division. And, I honestly think the Blues can win the Cup this year with some luck and the sort of goaltending that Miller can provide...

BTW - Ryan knows quite a few of the guys on that team such as his USA teammates Oshie, Backes, and Shattenkirk and former Sabre teammates Roy and Leo.

Edited by Potato

That game should absolutely be Miller's last as a Sabre. Good way to go out if it is. There's only three games left between now and the deadline. We know Enroth is starting tomorrow, and there's no reason not to start him Friday and Monday, too. Don't risk it.

Sounds like Ott and Miller are going away. Seems to me that Moulson might be. I will have to listen to it again later.

I think he's going to set the bar high for Ott, based on what he was saying, and that if he's blown away with a deal for Ott, he'll move him, but otherwise, I bet Ott is re-signed. The only caveat is that if they have reached an agreement to talk after the season is over, because Ott definitely wants to stay.

I think the guy he was talking about at the end there was Moulson (hard to move a guy with a wife and kids).

Miller is definitely a goner now, no question.

So, I think of the three, Ott is most likely to re-sign in some manner or other. I think, if Moulson's comments recently were sincere, there's a chance Moulson could come back, too after the season.

It also sounds to me like Nolan is going to get a contract extension.

Murray is an interesting fellow, it looks like he's crafting his statements carefully, yet he doesn't seem to hold back and lays everything on the table.

Murray is an interesting fellow, it looks like he's crafting his statements carefully, yet he doesn't seem to hold back and lays everything on the table.

I can't tell yet if TM's smarter than Regier, but he sure isn't dumb. He also seems to be somewhat more transparent, which is probably important when you're trying rebuild. Keeps everyone inside and outside the organization on the same page.

I can't tell yet if TM's smarter than Regier, but he sure isn't dumb. He also seems to be somewhat more transparent, which is probably important when you're trying rebuild. Keeps everyone inside and outside the organization on the same page.

Murray has the luxury of a last place team. Most of the time Darcy at least had playoff possibilities and a locker room to consider. TM is basically putting up the last place rummage sale sign.

This sounds reasonable to me. I watch the Blues a lot since they're in the Preds division. And, I honestly think the Blues can win the Cup this year with some luck and the sort of goaltending that Miller can provide...

BTW - Ryan knows quite a few of the guys on that team such as his USA teammates Oshie, Backes, and Shattenkirk and former Sabre teammates Roy and Leo.

I like both you points you made. Especially the one about Miller knowing the St. Louis Blues. There'd wouldn't be as much a transition involved w/ a lot of trades. Sure, new environment, but Miller will have a lot of guys he seems to enjoy playing w/. If he's traded to St. Louis, I'll pull for them to win the Cup. Of course not as a fan of the Blues. Just for Miller. I'd like to see the guy win one before he hangs up his skates.

I like both you points you made. Especially the one about Miller knowing the St. Louis Blues. There'd wouldn't be as much a transition involved w/ a lot of trades. Sure, new environment, but Miller will have a lot of guys he seems to enjoy playing w/. If he's traded to St. Louis, I'll pull for them to win the Cup. Of course not as a fan of the Blues. Just for Miller. I'd like to see the guy win one before he hangs up his skates.

I hope he loses in the first round no matter where he goes. Tired of Buffalo players leaving and then winning a Cup or Super Bowl somewhere else.

Cannot wait until this crap is over. If you don't want to play here and help win a championship here i sure as hell am not going to root for you to win one elsewhere.

While I do believe a trade involving ST Louis would involve a very good prospect (Rattie?) and a pick, it has to include a signed GT coming back as well for Salary cap purposes. I will say that St Louis would be my cup favorite if they added Miller and subtracted Halak.

I hope he loses in the first round no matter where he goes. Tired of Buffalo players leaving and then winning a Cup or Super Bowl somewhere else.

Cannot wait until this crap is over. If you don't want to play here and help win a championship here i sure as hell am not going to root for you to win one elsewhere.

He tried to win here for a decade... nothing wrong with jumping off a burning sinking garbage ship when you can swim perfectly well.

While I do believe a trade involving ST Louis would involve a very good prospect (Rattie?) and a pick, it has to include a signed GT coming back as well for Salary cap purposes. I will say that St Louis would be my cup favorite if they added Miller and subtracted Halak.

He tried to win here for a decade... nothing wrong with jumping off a burning sinking garbage ship when you can swim perfectly well.

This should be a sig somewhere.

You don't get top prospects for rentals... You get them for established veterans with long-term deals. Like Ehrhoff.

This is not correct. Just last year the Caps gave up Forsberg for Martin Erat, Vancouver traded their #4 prospect for Derek Roy, and Pittsburgh traded a number of their top prospects for Iginla and Morrow. Also, Pommer and Bouwmeester returned very good prospects in trade, although each of them had a year left on their contracts. But if you look at the deadline deals year-over-year, it happens regularly.

This is not correct. Just last year the Caps gave up Forsberg for Martin Erat, Vancouver traded their #4 prospect for Derek Roy, and Pittsburgh traded a number of their top prospects for Iginla and Morrow. Also, Pommer and Bouwmeester returned very good prospects in trade, although each of them had a year left on their contracts. But if you look at the deadline deals year-over-year, it happens regularly.

Still can't believe the Capitals were offering Filip Forsberg and the Sabres didn't jump on that. It's not like we have an abundance of guys with first line potential in our system. And I know we could have offered more than Erat.

I hope Ott comes back. I really do.

Me too. I see him going to Pittsburgh for a top prospect and a second and then in the off season Pitt is too strapped to offer him what it takes and he comes back here.