I'm going to be a fan

inkman

The Sabres have been my favorite since I chose a team... the only sport, the only team, that I will forever be faithful to. I live in MA so I've seen all of the Patriots tshirts worn AFTER a Super Bowl W .. and the Red Sox t's ... and the (gulp) Bruins. Hockey's all I love - I will NEVER be a homer/bandwagon fan ...

Love watching the 'kids' play ... and to hear the fans cheer for hard work.

At least 1 SC before I die ...

This is where I am. I hate that they're so bad right now, but I still watch and hope for the best, and I've gotten to a place where the losses don't make me angry any more. The Vanek/Moulson trade helps because I feel like management has finally acknowledged they aren't anywhere near contention and are embracing the rebuild. Still not crazy about Regier and have reservations about Rolston, but right now I just want to see the kids gain experience and improve throughout the season.

exactly B-)

Not a shining moment in rock and roll history.

Back to the topic. I just don't like the idea of detaching my emotions when I watch. What the hell's the point of watching then? I can read a book if I want to sit quietly and be entertained. I watch sports to get fired up and release what I can't release in my real life and smash things when I get pissed. That's the cheapest therapy I know.

See these next 9 games, you better load up on that rum to get you through this stretch - it gonna be baaaaad, We'll check up on you when it's over......

Rangers

Ducks

Sharks

Kings

Ducks

Kings

Leafs

Leafs

Blues

Schedule means nothing to me. I'm rooting for my team but I'm not losing any sleep over W's and L's.

I think Stafford now has a new nickname, Yellow Bear.

######, I thought a new nickname for Staff this morning and didn't have a chance to post it: Fries. Why? Because I hope any time Darcy is talking trades with another GM, he's asking, "Do you want Stafford with that?".

I didn't realise you had to be all "Rainbows, Sunshine, and Kittens" to be a fan, or had to lap up the excuses from management that this is the only way for them to get better and accept a gutting of the franchise to embarassment levels to be a fan. If I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't be angry with management or the current situation the team is in. I'm angry because I am a fan and dont want to see my team as an embarrassment. I will continue to watch when I can, even went to the game and bought a Sabres tooth doll and hat for my daughter for when she gets a little older and to continue my quest to make sure she grows up a Sabres fan and not a Leafs fan like my wife is pushing for.

An NHL franchise should not be the development level, I don't care about watching players "grow" into what we hope they can, if I did I would be looking to Rochester, I have the Ice Dogs here to watch if I want to watch players grow and Develop. I want to watch the Sabres compete and win games, and be in the hunt for the Stanley Cup, thats what an NHL hockey club is for.

I didn't realise you had to be all "Rainbows, Sunshine, and Kittens" to be a fan, or had to lap up the excuses from management that this is the only way for them to get better and accept a gutting of the franchise to embarassment levels to be a fan. If I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't be angry with management or the current situation the team is in. I'm angry because I am a fan and dont want to see my team as an embarrassment. I will continue to watch when I can, even went to the game and bought a Sabres tooth doll and hat for my daughter for when she gets a little older and to continue my quest to make sure she grows up a Sabres fan and not a Leafs fan like my wife is pushing for.

An NHL franchise should not be the development level, I don't care about watching players "grow" into what we hope they can, if I did I would be looking to Rochester, I have the Ice Dogs here to watch if I want to watch players grow and Develop. I want to watch the Sabres compete and win games, and be in the hunt for the Stanley Cup, thats what an NHL hockey club is for.

good post. A franchise in the N.H.L. shouldn't be a development level. This is the new low that DR has stooped to to save his own skin. Convince Tpegs that there is no other way but to strip it down to the bones.

Archived