Vanek Traded to NYI for Matt Moulson, 1st in 2014 (or 2015!), 2nd in 2015; 4 Months Later: Moulson to MN for 2014/2016 2nd Rounders

Robviously

Just checked TV stats since joining NYI. He has 9GP, 3G, 4A, +5, 10PIM and 1 missed game.

I feel like he definetly has more than 1 missed game. Wasn't it like 4 or 5 in a row he was out for?

Edit - Yes this article says he missed 5 games. Plus he was hurt 30 seconds into the game he got hurt.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24265772/thomas-vanek-will-return-to-islanders-lineup-tonight

Edited by Derrico

Just checked TV stats since joining NYI. He has 9GP, 3G, 4A, +5, 10PIM and 1 missed game.

3 goals 5A, +5 having missed five games and hit six posts (actual number)..As streaky as he is, hopefully the posts will change to goals soon as he gets used to a different system and line mates.

Edited by waldo

• 2 weeks later...

No way the islanders give up that 2014 pick if they can get eckblad :D

I'm actually not worried about the condition on the pick because the Islanders are bad and if they defer we get a better shot at McDavid. And it's not like we're banking on the Islanders pick this year, since we'll probably have 1 or 2 other firsts to compliment our top 3 pick by the time the draft rolls around.

I think we will most likely get the Islanders pick in 2015. They are bad enough to get a top ten pick this year and in sports you have to do what will help you win today. Garth Snow can't plan on being around in 2015. A good 2014 draft though and he can strengthen his argument to stay on as GM.

I think we will most likely get the Islanders pick in 2015. They are bad enough to get a top ten pick this year and in sports you have to do what will help you win today. Garth Snow can't plan on being around in 2015. A good 2014 draft though and he can strengthen his argument to stay on as GM.

+1. I can't see any GM handing away a certain top-10 pick now (2014) for an unknown pick later (2015). This is a classic case of ambiguity aversion.

Anyone else here think that Thomas Vanek doesn't finish the season as a New York Islander?

Absolutely. The fun part is predicting where he ends up. We'll have to see which LWs get injured down the stretch I guess. And Kristian, I'm afraid you're right on with Moulson, too, unfortunately.

Edited by Eleven

Absolutely. The fun part is predicting where he ends up. We'll have to see which LWs get injured down the stretch I guess. And Kristian, I'm afraid you're right on with Moulson, too, unfortunately.

Will be interesting what he'll fetch though, should they try and deal him.

Wouldn't mind keeping him around, but he's probably not too thrilled to be part of a rebuild.

if islanders fetch a first rounder for this years draft do you think they will then defer this years pick?

i have to imagine the reason they put the deferment in the trade because they didnt want to give up a high pick if they tanked. so they have to defer to next year right??!!! man i hope so. they will then be without vanek, and should be a bottom feeder again. although i do feel that moulson will resign with them again as a free agent.

Will be interesting what he'll fetch though, should they try and deal him.

Wouldn't mind keeping him around, but he's probably not too thrilled to be part of a rebuild.

I think he'd land a first-round pick, and we all know a team can never have too many draft picks. I'm looking forward to the day where the team ices purely hypothetical players for an entire season. Think of the potential!

if islanders fetch a first rounder for this years draft do you think they will then defer this years pick?

i have to imagine the reason they put the deferment in the trade because they didnt want to give up a high pick if they tanked. so they have to defer to next year right??!!! man i hope so. they will then be without vanek, and should be a bottom feeder again. although i do feel that moulson will resign with them again as a free agent.

I see no reason for Moulson to go back to the Isles. I could see him ending up a Ranger so he doesn't have to move his family. They're always looking for scorers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.