Vanek Traded to NYI for Matt Moulson, 1st in 2014 (or 2015!), 2nd in 2015; 4 Months Later: Moulson to MN for 2014/2016 2nd Rounders

Robviously

I can't tell you how much I hate this. Why do you care what happens to Vanek after he leaves? You sound like a jilted lover. Let it go already.

A lot of us are actual fans of the game. We care about more than just the Sabres. I also enjoy seeing guys that have been around here for a while play elsewhere. It's fun to see how their style changes. People sound so bitter when they are so against paying attention to players that leave the organization.

A lot of us are actual fans of the game. We care about more than just the Sabres. I also enjoy seeing guys that have been around here for a while play elsewhere. It's fun to see how their style changes. People sound so bitter when they are so against paying attention to players that leave the organization.

I totally agree.

To ease the pain the Sabres are causing this season i watch the highlights from Minnesota and see our ex captain burning due to his hotness scoring goal after goal.

Am i bitter that he was traded? No. But i still have some kind of bound with him, like i have withVanek.

The tone of your posts...sigh. Maybe it's just an interpretation thingy. Pay attention all you want but outright celebrating when one of our former players gets hurt?

Nothing. I want some top prospects too. When the Capitals had Forsberg to trade last year (and sent him to Nashville), we should have been all over that.

Forsberg looks like a good prospect, but he was sent down to Milwaukee recently. Other GMs seem to recognize that the vast majority of young players take time to develop... they take time to adjust to the defensive responsibilities and speed of the NHL game. Not Darcy. Here in Buffalo we draft kids and throw them right in the lineup.

Forsberg looks like a good prospect, but he was sent down to Milwaukee recently. Other GMs seem to recognize that the vast majority of young players take time to develop... they take time to adjust to the defensive responsibilities and speed of the NHL game. Not Darcy. Here in Buffalo we draft kids and throw them right in the lineup.

Well, yeah, but with the burning down of the roster who would play the games if not for the kids?

Nashville is a good team that can't score goals (they're 24th in the NHL in goals/game). We have Matt Moulson to trade. Plus Ennis. Plus Stafford (yes, I know we all hate Stafford but to a non-Buffalonian, his stats would actually look good).

There's a trade to be made there.

Nashville is a good team that can't score goals (they're 24th in the NHL in goals/game). We have Matt Moulson to trade. Plus Ennis. Plus Stafford (yes, I know we all hate Stafford but to a non-Buffalonian, his stats would actually look good).

There's a trade to be made there.

Moulson for their 1st. Get it done. I have to think that there is a pretty decent list of teams that would offer their first rounder for Moulson right now. More likely teams that feel like they're contenders (like the Rangers, Kings, Bruins). Might be able to get a decent prospect out of Philly in their search for more scoring.

The tone of your posts...sigh. Maybe it's just an interpretation thingy. Pay attention all you want but outright celebrating when one of our former players gets hurt?

Ah, I didn't see his first post as celebrating necessarily. More as just noting that the trade is looking good for us. I normally root for former players. Especially Pominville.

This is a recent thing for Darcy. He's been one of the biggest proponents of "give them time to develop in the minors" for most of his tenure.

Looking more and more likely that the Isles 2014 pick will be top ten. They look like a one dimensional hockey team that lacks quality D and G.

Yep they're a mess right now. Once they get some injured D back things may get better though. If the pick is in the top 10 and they defer to next year it may burn them in the long run. With Charles Wang running an 'internal budge' for his team, who knows if they add anything in the offseason and they likely lose Vanek. From the sounds of this years and next years drafts it may be a blessing in disguise we get next years pick which could end up being another top 10 selection.

Yep they're a mess right now. Once they get some injured D back things may get better though. If the pick is in the top 10 and they defer to next year it may burn them in the long run. With Charles Wang running an 'internal budge' for his team, who knows if they add anything in the offseason and they likely lose Vanek. From the sounds of this years and next years drafts it may be a blessing in disguise we get next years pick which could end up being another top 10 selection.

Well I don't think it matters if it's a top 10 pick this year or next year. I haven't heard much that separates this year's draft and next year's outside of McDavid, but the Isles won't be the worst team in 2015 so it doesn't matter. I'm hoping their pick ends up being 11th overall this year.

Edited by DStebb

This is a recent thing for Darcy. He's been one of the biggest proponents of "give them time to develop in the minors" for most of his tenure.

Which is just one more indictment of why he must go. He KNOWS you can't rush most kids, but now you can't find 1 to keep on the farm.

Keep him until after the trade deadline, because at this point his penchant for waiting too long to get the best value for someone can't make this season any uglier. Bring back Benning and give him & Devine the reins.

And to think I actually took the time to talk to you. If you thought I was that much of a dick, why did you bother seeking me out at the Amerks game.

Don't fret. I don't hate you. It takes a special kind of ignorant for me to have legitimate negative (or positive) feelings towards a person I've never met. Especially in a message board.

I think you just misinterpret a handful of things I say.

Don't fret. I don't hate you. It takes a special kind of ignorant for me to have legitimate negative (or positive) feelings towards a person I've never met. Especially in a message board.

I think you just misinterpret a handful of things I say.

Or maybe you communicate poorly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.