CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

Agreed, it looks way too busy again, with all the extra's, maybe so they have a reason to explain the HUGE price I bet they'll be!

Right away the gold body turns me off, I won't be buying this one. But have to see the whole thing, for a final take on the latest way to drain the fans wallet, when what we really want is a CUP !

Agreed, it looks way too busy again, with all the extra's, maybe so they have a reason to explain the HUGE price I bet they'll be!

Right away the gold body turns me off, I won't be buying this one. But have to see the whole thing, for a final take on the latest way to drain the fans wallet, when what we really want is a CUP !

I'm sure they'll be the same price as every other jersey. And the departments that handle stuff like uniform design have nothing to do with the cup chase, so you're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm sure they'll be the same price as every other jersey. And the departments that handle stuff like uniform design have nothing to do with the cup chase, so you're barking up the wrong tree.

Reply when you're not drunk.

Pegula lights a cigar with a bunsen burner and calls the design people into his office. "Johnson! I said the piping on the shoulder was to be a quarter inch wider so we can justify charging that extra $4! Back to the drawing board!" The designers miss their kids' recitals, graduations, and birthdays. Terry calls Darcy. "I'm sure you're busy trying to give free agent 3rd liners 1st liner money in a rebuilding year like our fans demand, but damn it, I asked for your color recommendations! Is the jersey's main color #F7FE2E or #FFFF00, man?!"

Pegula lights a cigar with a bunsen burner and calls the design people into his office. "Johnson! I said the piping on the shoulder was to be a quarter inch wider so we can justify charging that extra $4! Back to the drawing board!" The designers miss their kids' recitals, graduations, and birthdays. Terry calls Darcy. "I'm sure you're busy trying to give free agent 3rd liners 1st liner money in a rebuilding year like our fans demand, but damn it, I asked for your color recommendations! Is the jersey's main color #F7FE2E or #FFFF00, man?!"

I'll just tell you guys "I told you so" later.

I'll just tell you guys "I told you so" later.

I have no problem with being proven wrong, I'd rather know the truth than stubbornly cling to any wrong notion, but how the hell are you ever going to say you told us so?

"Agreed, it looks way too busy again, with all the extra's, maybe so they have a reason to explain the HUGE price I bet they'll be!"

-Who is they?

-Are you suggesting they priced the jersey with a HUGE price and then looked for reasons to explain that price?

-Do you think anyone is ever going to explain the price of merchandise? They price things what they can because people are perfectly willing to exchange that amount of currency for the item they receive in return.

-Jerseys are expensive, but if someone is going to explain why the new third jerseys are expensive, they would have to be more expensive than the originals, or else it wouldn't be worth mentioning.

I'm sure this thread will be necrobumped in 2022 when somebody puts one of these jerseys on eBay for $1,000 because it's rare and has busy extras.

Idea of a gold front and a navy back is intriguing.

Not sure if I like it, but it is original.

An NBA team (can't remember which one) tried a jersey with different colors on the front and back and it was hideous. It wouldn't work any better in hockey.

Right now we might be on track for the worst uniform in Sabres history.

(And, yes, I hope I'm wrong but usually when I get pessimistic about the Sabres, I'm proven right.)

An NBA team (can't remember which one) tried a jersey with different colors on the front and back and it was hideous. It wouldn't work any better in hockey.

(And, yes, I hope I'm wrong but usually when I get pessimistic about the Sabres, I'm proven right.)

Oh, come on. You arer NOT always right. :P

Someone wrote on another message board while i was lurking, that he heard the jersey will have same logo as the other 2 jerseys, and will be gold in the front and blue in the back. He wasn't sure what kind of name plate. Obviously, take it with a grain of salt, as this isn't too credible but sometimes people are in the know so you just never know.

Idea of a gold front and a navy back is intriguing.

Not sure if I like it, but it is original.

I really don't think that it is blue on the back. There is nothing in the pictures that negates a blue yoke that continues onto the sleeves over a gold body.

I know a lot of us have tried to erase the slug unis from memory, but to design a uni worse than those is a very tall order.

I know a lot of us have tried to erase the slug unis from memory, but to design a uni worse than those is a very tall order.

It's a tall order, but if they're really going to try yellow in front with blue on the back, they're going to pull it off.

And I'm still amazed that mistakes like this are even possible. Simple always works with uniform design. Even when the uniforms are *too* simple (e.g. Tampa Bay's new uniforms), they're never embarrassingly bad. It sounds like the Sabres said "Hey, we want a yellow alternate. Let's try doing something that looks NOTHING like our current set."

Archived