CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

I was looking at the B you posted and was thinking how minor league it looks.

Well it needs updating for sure. Maybe some restyling but I think as a should patch on 1 or both sides it would look sharp. I understand what you are saying though!

But on this jersey the hood covers the front of the face. This way the fans don't have to buy paper bags.

No, no. It will come packaged in a paper bag that can also be used to cover one's head. It will have pre-cut eye holes and a Sabre logo on the front. They will claim it is added value and that's what TPeg is all about.

I guess it seems like a common sense way to go, but this scares me. There's so much potential for error.

...which you know they will exploit.

@BuffaloSabres

Just so everyone knows, this is NOT our new third jersey. pic.twitter.com/0plLIXm2el

You'll know first from us when it's official.

Yea, that jersey came from a guy on a random forum who likes to tinker with jerseys.

I guess it seems like a common sense way to go, but this scares me. There's so much potential for error.

I just hope it's GOLD and not puke gold like Nashville's old alternates. Yikes.

arnottoldalt.jpg

Icethetics article on the new thirds. His source is saying that they ARE gold. http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/7/11/prepare-for-a-gold-sabres-sweater.html

In yesterday's

NHL JerseyWatch mini-update

, I mentioned that a trustworthy source informed me the

BUFFALO SABRES

may be launching a gold third jersey on Friday. This is a source that prefers to be kept anonymous. I know who it is, but it's not important that you do. This source has never led me astray. So either it'll be a first or the Sabres are about to go gold.

Yea, that jersey came from a guy on a random forum who likes to tinker with jerseys.

I just hope it's GOLD and not puke gold like Nashville's old alternates. Yikes.

arnottoldalt.jpg

I love those Nashville thirds.

Plus, Arnott's dreamy.

Icethetics article on the new thirds. His source is saying that they ARE gold. http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/7/11/prepare-for-a-gold-sabres-sweater.html

That quote about the source is so odd. I'm going to rub it in your face that I know people and you don't.

I'm not saying I don't believe it, but that was such a crappy way of stating it.

Man, this new owner is going out of his way to alienate fans. I wasn't all that keen on the previous third jerseys and this gold one may be the back-breaker. I find myself wishing I had bought that Tony Esposito/Blackhawks jersey at the beginning of this year's playoffs....

i loved the 40th jerseys. They are currently my 2nd favorite behind the original white jersey. With time they will probaly become my favorite one. I am keeping a open mind till they reveal the new 3rd.

Man, this new owner is going out of his way to alienate fans. I wasn't all that keen on the previous third jerseys and this gold one may be the back-breaker. I find myself wishing I had bought that Tony Esposito/Blackhawks jersey at the beginning of this year's playoffs....

I want to say that you must be crazy to believe that the jersey posted by 716 is the new third as it looks like something my 5 year old could put together. But then I remember that this team once proudly rolled out the slug......

Grow up.

Do you really think a third jersey is going to be something to make the fans walk off? No one stopped going to games because of the slug. The only decision people will make based on their opinion of this jersey is whether or not to buy it.

Aren't we supposed to see it today at the scrimmage?

She said we'd get a "sneak glimpse" at training camp. I'm guessing that they'll do something like the Sens and Canes have done recently, where they have a video showing clips from the past, etc, then small pieces of the new jersey. It won't be enough to put the whole concept together, but will tease some details.

The new third jersey is a distraction...the team wants to make us focus on surfacy things while they haven't put a good product on the ice in years.

Yes.. clearly. That's why none of us are distracted by it. There;s 4 pages in this topic and there were at least twice that in a thread about Gerbe.

She said we'd get a "sneak glimpse" at training camp. I'm guessing that they'll do something like the Sens and Canes have done recently, where they have a video showing clips from the past, etc, then small pieces of the new jersey. It won't be enough to put the whole concept together, but will tease some details.

All teams have practice jerseys. They may hide it in plain sight next to the green, black and red practice jerseys.

Archived