CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

Someone wrote on another message board while i was lurking, that he heard the jersey will have same logo as the other 2 jerseys, and will be gold in the front and blue in the back. He wasn't sure what kind of name plate. Obviously, take it with a grain of salt, as this isn't too credible but sometimes people are in the know so you just never know.

Well we already know that it's gold on the front with the primary logo on it...

In that video the parts you are calling blue look black to me. It looks like a Buffalo Bruins jersey.

They're certainly blue. Probably just your screen res.

I have no problem with being proven wrong, I'd rather know the truth than stubbornly cling to any wrong notion, but how the hell are you ever going to say you told us so?

"Agreed, it looks way too busy again, with all the extra's, maybe so they have a reason to explain the HUGE price I bet they'll be!"

-Who is they?

-Are you suggesting they priced the jersey with a HUGE price and then looked for reasons to explain that price?

-Do you think anyone is ever going to explain the price of merchandise? They price things what they can because people are perfectly willing to exchange that amount of currency for the item they receive in return.

-Jerseys are expensive, but if someone is going to explain why the new third jerseys are expensive, they would have to be more expensive than the originals, or else it wouldn't be worth mentioning.

I'm sure this thread will be necrobumped in 2022 when somebody puts one of these jerseys on eBay for $1,000 because it's rare and has busy extras.

Don't mind him, he seems to be confused often in his first 56 posts on here.

Oh, come on. You arer NOT always right. :P

The vast majority of the time......when I'm being pessimistic, that is.

When I let some optimism in, that's when my predictions go haywire. I really thought Luke Adam would be good for example.

Someone at the bottom of the icethetics site posted this link as a possible concept of the jersey, ignore the name of the player.

http://farm8.staticf...f46ccca53_k.jpg

This isn't the train wreck that a "one side yellow, one side blue" jersey would be, but the big white horizontal stripes pretty much ruin it. Not sure why they decided they had to get creative with the shoulder island either, but the preview made it look like that extends down to the white portion of the jersey.

This isn't the train wreck that a "one side yellow, one side blue" jersey would be, but the big white horizontal stripes pretty much ruin it. Not sure why they decided they had to get creative with the shoulder island either, but the preview made it look like that extends down to the white portion of the jersey.

I'm also not convinced that what that image portrays as the shoulder island borders is entirely accurate, but I can't exactly place why.

Go figure. Switch the blue and gold and make the sleeves white.

since it was ignored the first time i'll say again: that sweater has been floating around shop.nhl.com for years, long before Pegula even bought the team. they previously had an identical version, but with the slug on it. that sweater and the new gold jersey are not related, and based on the preview images, don't even resemble one another.

They screwed up something that no one has even seen yet! I've got my matches and gasoline ready, go grab your pitchfork!

I love how to some here a the third jersey has become some great symbol of organizational incompetence and greed rather than something that most fans like and will happily buy because alternate jerseys are fun.

I love how to some here a the third jersey has become some great symbol of organizational incompetence and greed rather than something that most fans like and will happily buy because alternate jerseys are fun.

They've got every right to, and sure they can be fun. I think it just represents bread and circuses...whether their intention or not. They can come out in fishnets and garters if they can win in the playoffs for all I care.

They've got every right to, and sure they can be fun. I think it just represents bread and circuses...whether their intention or not. They can come out in fishnets and garters if they can win in the playoffs for all I care.

Precisely. A team marketing its brand to its fan base with a new piece of apparel is all some big scam to you.

They screwed up something that no one has even seen yet! I've got my matches and gasoline ready, go grab your pitchfork!

There's the problem right there. If no one's seen it yet, then that means it was designed and produced by blind people. No wonder it's a colossal failure.

If the jersey sucks, isn't it organizational incompetence? It's not hard to then get to how the team also sucks. The greed angle is more interesting. To some extent, we all saw in Terry what we wanted to see. I (and most others) didn't need much of an imagination to come away with the impression on day one that he didn't care much about making money. Thus, the healthy ticket price increases and now the third jersey are disappointing to some. What I did completely fabricate in my own mind is that Terry was conservative, a traditionalist and, as an older fan, someone who would be as sick of the jersey-tinkering as I was. This is more the bean counters at work, but Terry boasts about a flat management structure, so his hands are all over it, too.

are those edible?

It would have to taste like chicken.

If the jersey sucks, isn't it organizational incompetence? It's not hard to then get to how the team also sucks. The greed angle is more interesting. To some extent, we all saw in Terry what we wanted to see. I (and most others) didn't need much of an imagination to come away with the impression on day one that he didn't care much about making money. Thus, the healthy ticket price increases and now the third jersey are disappointing to some. What I did completely fabricate in my own mind is that Terry was conservative, a traditionalist and, as an older fan, someone who would be as sick of the jersey-tinkering as I was. This is more the bean counters at work, but Terry boasts about a flat management structure, so his hands are all over it, too.

It would have to taste like chicken.

Hating something before it even exists makes you incompetent.

Precisely. A team marketing its brand to its fan base with a new piece of apparel is all some big scam to you.

It's not a scam....but like DeLuca asked and I responded.....if the team worked as hard trying to put together a valid group of players that could have playoff success over the past 11 years as they have putting out, teasing, and marketing jerseys.....I'm sure there would be a lot less complaining about everything. In those 11 years, there have been 4 major logo designs, and now 4 3rd jerseys marketed. They won playoff series in 2 of those 11 years. To me, it's a little insulting. I understand how some like buying them and find it neat. In my younger days I may have as well.

I'm sure some think Darcy was in charge of the whole 3rd jersey project.

Edit: And I posted this before reading Drane's most recent post, which is oddly appropriate.

There's the problem right there. If no one's seen it yet, then that means it was designed and produced by blind people. No wonder it's a colossal failure.

They could take the crap throwing monkey approach to jersey design.

Archived