CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

I don't see that anywhere. They said nothing about a video.

Are you stupid?

Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) tweeted at 2:15 PM on Fri, Jul 12, 2013:

@JEnroth125 our jersey teaser video will be played in the arena during the scrimmage today

Are you stupid?

Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) tweeted at 2:15 PM on Fri, Jul 12, 2013:

@JEnroth125 our jersey teaser video will be played in the arena during the scrimmage today

That tweet is nowhere to be found on the official Sabres twitter:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres

I see it if I search twitter, but I have no idea why it doesn't show up on their page. (I now see that twitter has a new feature that take replies off of their main page feed).

But thanks for the pointless insult. Really mature.

That tweet is nowhere to be found on the official Sabres twitter:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres

I see it if I search twitter, but I have no idea why it doesn't show up on their page. (I now see that twitter has a new feature that take replies off of their main page feed).

But thanks for the pointless insult. Really mature.

Next time you want to be wrong drop the attitude.

Could b cool, I could see them being just like the current white jerseys with the gold where the white is and white where the gold is pretty much. Well see

That's actually kind of what I thought would happen and hoped, but I don't see where this picture would fit in to that. I'm looking forward to it either way

Dammit, this new third jersey is tearing us apart!

d4rk's been on his period for a record 15 days. He might need to get into stirrups soon for a checkup. I'm only worried because he's approaching my level of grumpiness, and there ain't room for two of us here.

BTW, it is gold with a blue collar yoke that has a white stripe like the Bruins. The only place on a jersey that has the mesh fabric with two parallel lines like that is on the back (by the sides), coming down from the yoke. So, the blue that you see is the yoke, the gold in the bottom right is the arm and the rest of the gold is the back.

d4rk's been on his period for a record 15 days. He might need to get into stirrups soon for a checkup. I'm only worried because he's approaching my level of grumpiness, and there ain't room for two of us here.

My period is fueled by how much of a joke this forum is right now. The BS index is off the charts, essentially nullifying any actual utility. It's almost too much effort to wade through the pool of urine to see if that poop is a Baby Ruth.

My period is fueled by how much of a joke this forum is right now. The BS index is off the charts, essentially nullifying any actual utility. It's almost too much effort to wade through the pool of urine to see if that poop is a Baby Ruth.

Meh. A lot of people are trying too hard. There's pent-up energy that hasn't been poured into the team. I honestly believe there are posters here working harder than Darcy and a some of his players do. Also: it's July.

You're taking this all way too hard and way too seriously. Mariska Hargitay my friend.

Screencaps I grabbed from the sneakpeek video.

Looks like a gold-bodied jersey [image 6] with a navy yoke and wide white piping(-like) [2]. Sleeves look all-white below the elbow [2]****. Looks like "Buffalo" (and possibly "Sabres") wordmarks in navy above (and below) the latest crest [4]. "Excellence" wordmarks with others inside the back collar [5]. Looks like a lot of exposed stitching for an old-school feel [1], but no collar ties [5].

Edit: ****The white part could just be an elbow patch, not all white below the elbow.

Image [3] looks like pants to me. Navy in color with wide white piping (like [2]) and a new "Buffalo Sabres" word mark on the front of the pants.

Opinions:

Upside: Could be cool. Nice and bright like a Michigan jersey, which if executed properly, would be neat, clean, modern, and 1000% better than the fugly Nashville jerseys. Wording in the collar is a cute touch; hopefully it's a good reminder to all who wear her, and it should be readable when it's on a hanger. If I'm right about the pants, they'll look good. Perfect amount of reserve and flash in the pants. Nice clean new pant logo.

Downside: All white below the elbows could make it look like a yellow t-shirt (edit: a white elbow patch may be hokey looking too, don't know). Festive coloration, and it could end up a bit too modern/flashy (like a roller hockey jersey); there may be no feel of pride in it beyond the wording in the collar.

post-89-0-10264400-1373673640_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-05009300-1373673652_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-28747600-1373673669_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-36735300-1373673683_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-39141400-1373673695_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-72600800-1373673710_thumb.jpg

Screencaps I grabbed from the sneakpeek video.

Looks like a gold-bodied jersey [image 6] with a navy yoke and wide white piping(-like) [2]. Sleeves look all-white below the elbow [2]****. Looks like "Buffalo" (and possibly "Sabres") wordmarks in navy above (and below) the latest crest [4]. "Excellence" wordmarks with others inside the back collar [5]. Looks like a lot of exposed stitching for an old-school feel [1], but no collar ties [5].

Edit: ****The white part could just be an elbow patch, not all white below the elbow.

Image [3] looks like pants to me. Navy in color with wide white piping (like [2]) and a new "Buffalo Sabres" word mark on the front of the pants.

Opinions:

Upside: Could be cool. Nice and bright like a Michigan jersey, which if executed properly, would be neat, clean, modern, and 1000% better than the fugly Nashville jerseys. Wording in the collar is a cute touch; hopefully it's a good reminder to all who wear her, and it should be readable when it's on a hanger. If I'm right about the pants, they'll look good. Perfect amount of reserve and flash in the pants. Nice clean new pant logo.

Downside: All white below the elbows could make it look like a yellow t-shirt (edit: a white elbow patch may be hokey looking too, don't know). Festive coloration, and it could end up a bit too modern/flashy (like a roller hockey jersey); there may be no feel of pride in it beyond the wording in the collar.

The teaser makes it look horrible -- busy and wildly over-designed. With what we know about what works and what doesn't with uniforms from the past 100+ years, I can't believe people still make these mistakes. Simpler is better. Always. This looks like they just tried to jam as much crap onto one jersey as they could.

I know the Sabres organization is pretty incompetent from top to bottom, but how do you screw up a yellow version of their white uniform? I think we're about to find out.

:sick:

I think the 2nd screengrab from IKnowPhysics' post is the most telling. That's quite clearly the arm. To me, it looks like they'll have navy shoulders that expand all the way below the name plate in the back but cut off at the shoulders in the front.

Then there's likely a chunk of white near the elbow. I'd assume that at the bottom of the sleeve it goes back to yellow.

The sleeve look to have a white stripe down the middle/side of them. They START navy blue in the back and yellow in the front, but then they have that white part of the sleeve that will allow the sleeves to go full yellow below that.

I wish I could use photoshop because I'd mock it right up.

The teaser makes it look horrible -- busy and wildly over-designed. With what we know about what works and what doesn't with uniforms from the past 100+ years, I can't believe people still make these mistakes. Simpler is better. Always. This looks like they just tried to jam as much crap onto one jersey as they could.

I know the Sabres organization is pretty incompetent from top to bottom, but how do you screw up a yellow version of their white uniform? I think we're about to find out.

:sick:

I think it looks relatively simple. The video makes it look wild and crazy because that's the idea of a teaser. What would everybody's reaction be if they just showed something that was like:

Plain yellow fabric.

Plain navy fabric.

Logo plate.

COMING THIS SUMMER MOTHER ######!!!

Archived