Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

Heard rumors all over the place that the Browns really want an offensive minded coach, as the defense is already in a good position. They are interviewing the Falcons OC today per ESPN/NFL.com reporters.

Well their defensive mind left... sooooo.

Well their defensive mind left... sooooo.

still, they're main issue was the ineptitude of the offense. The defense played pretty damn well most of the season given the circumstances.

Pettine announced that he will be hearing from the Browns later today. Hopefully he sticks around.

That's optimistic, I've been picking the Bills at 6-10 for the last 18 years.

Hey, sometimes you've gotta just go crazy and dream big.

Seriously, good luck to Pettine, with the Bills marching in place for the last 14 seasons he had to lunge at this opportunity before the Bills D ###### the bed on him next year.

Ex-Lions HC and Titans DC Jim Schwartz hired for Bills job. Don't get much more high profile than that.

The loss of Pettine affected me more than any other Bills news since home run throwback. He changed the D in an unprecedented fashion. Don't know a lot about Schwartz, ses like a dick which doesn't turn me off.

The loss of Pettine affected me more than any other Bills news since home run throwback. He changed the D in an unprecedented fashion. Don't know a lot about Schwartz, ses like a dick which doesn't turn me off.

That's hot...

I'm good with this. Pettine did a nice job here, but you could tell from day 1 it was a pure stepping stone for him. When you get fired, you coach a little pissed, which is a good thing for a defense. Schwartz as a HC, no....like Greggo, as a coordinator, probably a good thing.

Meh, I'm warming up to this.

BUT... I was always disgusted with the idea that a roster as talented as the Lions couldn't perform consistently. That team was such a disappointment, and to me, was held back by their head coach.

Here's to hoping that he can maximize this team's defensive talent when given a more singular role.

BUT... I was always disgusted with the idea that a roster as talented as the Lions couldn't perform consistently. That team was such a disappointment, and to me, was held back by their head coach.

Here's to hoping that he can maximize this team's defensive talent when given a more singular role.

I like the hire and his failure as a head coach doesn't mean much of anything to me. The list of guys who are great coordinators but terrible head coaches is not short.

Jim's 2 biggest areas of strength are 3rd downs and Stopping the run - sound like any weaknesses a certain team might have?

The fact they got this guy so quickly and convinced him to coach this year (when it has been said he was leaning towards taking a year off) speaks volumes to me. This is a new front office that means business and that should give hope to many fans. This is a GREAT hire in my eyes. This guy is no doubt coming in with a chip on his shoulder which should translate to a pretty nasty D.

This may help the D, the bills need to be in the top 10 in D stats next year to be relevant..... Overall the progress of Manuel and the play calling from Hackett has been less than stellar overall.... Now next year is a new year and these 2 young guys may have learned and may step up, but at this point in time, our D will need to limit teams to ~17 pts a game to have a chance unless things on O change a bit.... I think Pettine put things in place and we have some good talent guys on D, I don't expect a tremendous dropoff, I hope we draft well and see some improvement.... Here's to the waiting game

That's hot...

I'm good with this. Pettine did a nice job here, but you could tell from day 1 it was a pure stepping stone for him. When you get fired, you coach a little pissed, which is a good thing for a defense. Schwartz as a HC, no....like Greggo, as a coordinator, probably a good thing.

After seeing what happened to the previous Browns' coach, I am surprised Pettine would want to work for that organization - they seem kind of classless. Oh well, good luck Doug - you may need it.

Oh, and this is somewhat relevant - and pretty darn funny too. :)

http://profootballmock.com/browns-fire-new-head-coach-sixteen-hours-job/

The responsibilities will be completely different. He's not in charge of anything but the defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.