Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

He's a jerk in real life, but he does deserve this. (But so does Hull, and he'll never see it.)

Really? He was very nice and accommodating when I met him. And I was a lowly employee of a place that he was having a small gathering while awaiting his second Hall of Fame denial. He got the call that he didn't make the cut and he took it like a real pro. I was the only bills fan in the room and it was the only time I've ever been star struck. He realized this and personalized an autographed 8x10 for me. I thought that was awesome, especially after he was denied the HOF for a second time.

Really? He was very nice and accommodating when I met him. And I was a lowly employee of a place that he was having a small gathering while awaiting his second Hall of Fame denial. He got the call that he didn't make the cut and he took it like a real pro. I was the only bills fan in the room and it was the only time I've ever been star struck. He realized this and personalized an autographed 8x10 for me. I thought that was awesome, especially after he was denied the HOF for a second time.

I've only met him three times, but wow, all three times. Jerk. Granted, he had been drinking all three times, and maybe that's part of it. The second time, it was all about how many white "biatches" he ######. (Do I care about your sex life, man? And do I really care about the skin color?) The third time, I left about ten minutes after he opened his mouth.

EDIT: reviewed your post again. Possibly two differences: (1) I never am starstruck, screw that, and I wasn't working. (2) In this particular environment (all three times), he really needed to be a lot more toned down, and he knew that, and he amped it up almost on purpose.

Edited by Eleven

He's a jerk in real life, but he does deserve this. (But so does Hull, and he'll never see it.)

Thuman Thomas is worse. Met him as a child and Bruce apologized for how much of a dick Thurman was to everybody. First memory I have as a sports fan.

Thuman Thomas is worse. Met him as a child and Bruce apologized for how much of a dick Thurman was to everybody. First memory I have as a sports fan.

He's a very different man now, but he was known for that then. He was kind of reclusive (even on the field) and just didn't like people or publicity.

Edited by Eleven

He's a very different man now, but he was known for that then. He was kind of reclusive (even on the field) and just didn't like people or publicity.

As far as twitter goes Thurman is the enemy of many Bills fans. On the Bills forums he's picked many fights with random twitter people. Not a lot of tolerance on his end.

As far as twitter goes Thurman is the enemy of many Bills fans. On the Bills forums he's picked many fights with random twitter people. Not a lot of tolerance on his end.

I don't know anything about what he does or doesn't do on twitter. Is he active on Buffalo Bills forums? That would be a surprise to me.

I've only met him three times, but wow, all three times. Jerk. Granted, he had been drinking all three times, and maybe that's part of it. The second time, it was all about how many white "biatches" he ######. (Do I care about your sex life, man? And do I really care about the skin color?) The third time, I left about ten minutes after he opened his mouth.

EDIT: reviewed your post again. Possibly two differences: (1) I never am starstruck, screw that, and I wasn't working. (2) In this particular environment (all three times), he really needed to be a lot more toned down, and he knew that, and he amped it up almost on purpose.

I'm never starstruck either. It was actually surprising. He was very very chill. Totally calm. He might have had one drink.

I don't know anything about what he does or doesn't do on twitter. Is he active on Buffalo Bills forums? That would be a surprise to me.

Sorry, beer got to me. Meant that a lot of Bills forum members have had spats with him on twitter in the past.

Thomas had a bad drinking problem and had admitted to that and has been sober for years. A totally different man than he was back then.

Thurman is the enemy of trolls that try to down the Bills and every decision they make. Thomas would be better to stay off twitter, because he 'tweets' from his feelings as a Buffalo Bill and not an objective person and he gets ripped when he does so.

I can't remember a more boring lopsided super bowl since the bills vs Cowboys when I was young..... Looks like Manning will have to answer all those legacy questions

The most exciting thing so far has been hearing the halftime fireworks out my window. Now it's time to just wait for the codeine to kick in. Nighty night.

Stanley Cup finals... superior in every way to the Superbore.

Well, that's more or less a given. You do have a minimum of four games in the Stanley Cup Finals. The Super Bowl is much more likely to produce a clunker in a one game winner-take-all scenario.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.