2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

;) :blush: maybe\

As for the Fucale stuff... I can't get behind taking him at 16. I hope it is just posturing to get Calgary to trade something with us. Idk it just seems over the top to take him that early when our biggest issue has and continues to be puck possession. Something that Lindholm and Horvat excel at.

Love this, but if the Sabres add another pick between 8 and 16 by trading Miller, my guess is that they'd use one of those three on Fucale (which would be less exciting).

Has anyone from the team ever talked about puck possession? Regier talked about "suffering" and Pegula talked about "hard work" in his last attempt at an interview. I have no idea if the team cares as much about this as the fans on this board do. (I hope they do.)

This. If you trade away the 16 to move up then maybe have a early 2nd to get Fucale I'd take it.

What if we had this scenario instead... #8, #10, #11 and #16. Dallas gets Vanek. Philly Miller. We then go Draft Lindholm, Horvat, Ristolainen/Zadarov, Zykov/Lazar

We get to take Horvat and Lindholm but also end up with a top defender and either a top winger or another good puck possession player.

I like it that we are hearing rumors of NYI at 15 for Miller......I think between picks 8 and 20....it is a free-for-all and you just let the talent drop to you. Still shop the heck out of Vanek to Philly, Columbus, etc. You will have 1 of Lindholm, Nurse and Monahan on the board at 8. I like Horvat myself there at 8. I can't see him lasting to 16. I'm worried about Lazar even being there. Imagine having 8,11,15,16 and walking away with Lindholm, Monahan, Horvat and Lazar. You would have Bruin-like forward depth overnight.

Talk about fantasy land.

All I know (i think) is that running through the top 16 players in the draft, there are 8 that I would be EXTREMELY excited with on this team. That means that for at least the first pick, I will be happy no matter what.....

Which 8 out of curiosity?

I began this thread on February 23, 2013. It now consists of 65pages, 2,570replies (mine being 271) and 83,820 views. We have discussed almost every single prospect that the Sabres could draft in the first round. I am extremely excited about this draft and extremely happy for all the hard work and in depth discussions that have occurred, thanks everyone!

Yea and on this note, I have really enjoyed reading through this and it has been a blast. No matter what happens on sunday, this team will get better by default ;)

Talk about fantasy land.

The Sabres could easily have four first round picks if they trade Vanek and Miller. (And it sounded like they were close to an extra one for Drew Stafford somehow at the deadline.)

The fantasy part is imagining Darcy Regier ever doing something so bold and dramatic. But it's fun to dream sometimes.

The Sabres could easily have four first round picks if they trade Vanek and Miller. (And it sounded like they were close to an extra one for Drew Stafford somehow at the deadline.)

The fantasy part is imagining Darcy Regier ever doing something so bold and dramatic. But it's fun to dream sometimes.

My fantasy land was in reference to the players he named being available at those picks, not to getting four 1sts.

My fantasy land was in reference to the players he named being available at those picks, not to getting four 1sts.

How you figure? My guess is it goes McKinnon/Barkov/Drouin/Jones....then Nincompoop/Lindholm/Nurse/Monahan....then it's a crapshoot from there on. I agree it's highly unlikely at #11 either Lindolm or Monahan are there.....but SOMEONE has to drop, right? From 9-20 you have in no order, 3 big defensemen, and maybe 2 more, the Russian and Swede forwards...then Horvat, Lazar, Domi, Shathimself.........and Fucale in the mix. The worst case scenario in my opinion is teams overvalue the grit, and pass on all the Euros....but if that is the case, maybe a couple of the midround Dmen have a run. If Jones goes #2 and Nurse goes #5 or #6....then it is a good sign for us that we could get grit at #16. If Jones/Nurse go #4/8....then we may have a run at F and our only hope will be to have made a trade and sit at 11-14. We just have so many "nice" young Dmen in the system that I really want them to get some men up front.

It must be getting close to D-Day.

Everyone on this thread is starting to sound like me.

It's like Sociology class.....go pick up the syllabus the first class....skip the rest, show up for the review before the exam...then CRAM!

How you figure? My guess is it goes McKinnon/Barkov/Drouin/Jones....then Nincompoop/Lindholm/Nurse/Monahan....then it's a crapshoot from there on. I agree it's highly unlikely at #11 either Lindolm or Monahan are there.....but SOMEONE has to drop, right? From 9-20 you have in no order, 3 big defensemen, and maybe 2 more, the Russian and Swede forwards...then Horvat, Lazar, Domi, Shathimself.........and Fucale in the mix. The worst case scenario in my opinion is teams overvalue the grit, and pass on all the Euros....but if that is the case, maybe a couple of the midround Dmen have a run. If Jones goes #2 and Nurse goes #5 or #6....then it is a good sign for us that we could get grit at #16. If Jones/Nurse go #4/8....then we may have a run at F and our only hope will be to have made a trade and sit at 11-14. We just have so many "nice" young Dmen in the system that I really want them to get some men up front.

I don't think either Lindolm or Monahan will be there at 8, let alone getting both at 8 and 11. I will say there's an outside chance one is there at 8, but your scenario is totally implausible. If one of the forwards drops, my money is on Nichushkin because teams are run by risk-averse babies.

I don't think either Lindolm or Monahan will be there at 8, let alone getting both at 8 and 11. I will say there's an outside chance one is there at 8, but your scenario is totally implausible. If one of the forwards drops, my money is on Nichushkin because teams are run by risk-averse babies.

All that has to happen is any single team in front of us takes Nurse and Lindholm or Monahan drop.

I count the days to the draft every single year! It is the MOST exciting day of the hockey season to me. But this year is extra special because of the obvious reasons. In fact I had a hard time getting to sleep last night pondering trades with Philly or LI.

And since were fantasizing about who you would draft if we had 4 first rounders, I'd select Lindholm or Nichushkin or Monahan, Mantha, Erne, and Hartman or Horvat or Wennberg. I'm not worried about our defense or our goaltending.

I am really high on Mantha but I'm almost sure he'll be gone by 16.

Well Ladies and Gentlemen I am off. I doubt I will post again prior to the draft so I leave you with this video. We were once the feared and the hard working, the strong, and fast skating. After Sunday I have blind faith we will be on a path back to that, reiger willing.

Well Ladies and Gentlemen I am off. I doubt I will post again prior to the draft so I leave you with this video. We were once the feared and the hard working, the strong, and fast skating. After Sunday I have blind faith we will be on a path back to that, reiger willing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGPX4s7mRfs

So many beautiful memories.

This is the way I look at it. If Miller and Vanek aren't in the plans unload both this week for 2 more first rounders. Then use both seconds and possibly 4 of next years 2nd rounders and get as much as you can in the top 40 players this year if this is such a deep draft. No reason why u can't have at least 4-5 first rounders this year. That would speed the rebuild up very quickly.

This is the way I look at it. If Miller and Vanek aren't in the plans unload both this week for 2 more first rounders. Then use both seconds and possibly 4 of next years 2nd rounders and get as much as you can in the top 40 players this year if this is such a deep draft. No reason why u can't have at least 4-5 first rounders this year. That would speed the rebuild up very quickly.

And it would also be ridiculously entertaining.

You assume it would speed up the rebuilding process.lol. (how many teams are there out there loaded with first rounders that have not lived up to expectations)

the NHL draft is such a huge crap shoot. SO many drafted players never do squat in the pros, so many 1st rounders that have gone on to be pendestrian at best.

Not to mention the 3-5 years it takes for them to really be ready for full consistnet NHL duty.

Better to move up to the top then stock piling picks thinking you are going to land a 1/2 dozen guarenteeed All-Pro's

Archived