2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

I agree, but they now have a tough choice to make. Drouin ensures Stamkos continues his production for the rest of his career. Barkov gives them a 1-2 punch as well as a more shutdown player as Stamkos isn't great defensively. I think they go with Barkov, but Drouin has to be tough to pass over

I wouldn't be surprised if Florida took Barkov actually. I have a gut feeling that will be the first "surprise" of the draft, with Jones falling to Tampa and Drouin falling to Nashville.

I wouldn't be surprised if Florida took Barkov actually. I have a gut feeling that will be the first "surprise" of the draft, with Jones falling to Tampa and Drouin falling to Nashville.

Then Carolina takes Nurse, Calgary Monahan, Edmonton Nichushkin. Its entirely conceivable.

I don't bet. So, we shall see.

Fucale is aguably the most talented player in the draft, but since he's a goalie ...

Hockey Prospectus thinks differently. They had him ranked about 86 IIRC. And he wasn't the first 'tender in their rankings.

Nobody is arguing that Fucale is the most talented player in this draft...

I know of at least one person that does

As do I haha. I meant nobody that is considered an expert.

Just pointing out that the adoration of Fucale's goaltending isn't universal among draft pundits.

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1543

There is a good argument that he is........he's indisputably the most talented at his position.

Nobody is arguing that he's going to be the top pick, however.

Definitely the best goalie prospect. But, in this draft, I don't think it's reasonable to call him the top player.

So I was looking at the 2011 draft.

Is Nugent-Hopkins better than Lindholm?

Hell, is he that much better than Hunter Shinkaruk?

Is Larsson better than Nurse, or Risto?

This is a good year.

Judging from what I have seen, Lindholm has more tenacity. They both skate and make plays about as good. RNH I think shoots a little better.

Larsson versus Nurse/Risto is a hard one to compare because of how defenders develop. Not sure here but Risto can definitely be equal to him and Nurse I think has a higher ceiling.

Archived