2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

SI.com Mock: http://sportsillustr...ft-first-round/

Nichushkin at 8 and Morin at 16.

@RealKyper

One of #Canes many offers to trade down for #5th pick comes from #Sabres at 8th. Swap would cost Sabres one of their D man. Myers?

They have had that there for a coupe of Days.

TSN now reporting Toronto going after 5th pick. The game is a foot. Canes counter to the Fucale rumor.

Ehrhoff will be 31 going into next season, Myers will be 23. If it takes a D-man it has to be Ehrhoff. You're building a team for 3-5 years down the road where Ehrhoff will be 34-35 years old.

Maybe, but if Erhoff is your model, you need to him to teach the young guns... Depends on what you can get for each. Still not sold on trading Erhoff, I could go for Myers.

Trading either Ehrhoff or Myers and 8 for 5 would be stupid. Any reasonable deal involves Sekera, and he's been good enough to make trading him for jumping over only two teams a pretty pricey proposition.

Caveats: If we don't trade 8, but throw in a roster player or prospect, for five, I become happier. Or if we traded Myers and or Ehrhoff straight up for 5, it at least gets intruiging.

Maybe, but if Erhoff is your model, you need to him to teach the young guns... Depends on what you can get for each. Still not sold on trading Erhoff, I could go for Myers.

What indication has there ever been that Ehrhoff is a "teacher?" That idea about players gets thrown around a lot, not every player over 30 is a "teacher."

Trading either Ehrhoff or Myers and 8 for 5 would be stupid. Any reasonable deal involves Sekera, and he's been good enough to make trading him for jumping over only two teams a pretty pricey proposition.

Caveats: If we don't trade 8, but throw in a roster player or prospect, for five, I become happier. Or if we traded Myers and or Ehrhoff straight up for 5, it at least gets intruiging.

Sekera is a good defensman, he is also 3 years younger and a lot cheaper than Ehrhoff. I'd rather keep Sekera and dump that Ehrhoff contract.

What indication has there ever been that Ehrhoff is a "teacher?" That idea about players gets thrown around a lot, not every player over 30 is a "teacher."

Sekera is a good defensman, he is also 3 years younger and a lot cheaper than Ehrhoff. I'd rather keep Sekera and dump that Ehrhoff contract.

Would require Carolina to see themselves as ready to win this season for Ehrhoff to make sense to them. Otherwise, they have just as little need for Ehrhoff as we do. And I have no idea how Carolina mgt sees themselves this season.

He's only $1.25 mill cheap. And the difference in skill is pretty high, in my opinion. I'm a bigger supporter of keeping Sekera than most, but I don't think he's nearly as good as Ehrhoff. Ehrhoff's contract isn't bad at all. By the time he gets old and overpaid, they can just easily buy the last three years out.

I'd do Myers, 16 and a future pick for 5. But not Myers and 8.

Would require Carolina to see themselves as ready to win this season for Ehrhoff to make sense to them. Otherwise, they have just as little need for Ehrhoff as we do. And I have no idea how Carolina mgt sees themselves this season.

The signing of Semin and Jordan Staal leads me to believe they think they are close. A healthy Ward and adding Ehrhoff would make Carolina a playoff team.

Not sure if anybody saw, but the NHL Network crew did a mock last night and had us taking Fucale at 16.

I think I would be pissed by taking Fucale at 16 and here is my reason. Yes it's great we have a goalie or goalie's to take over for Miller but who in the hell is going to score and play defense. Now if he's available in the second round then maybe. But I think we have plenty of goalie's right now. I still would love for them to unload Miller today for another 1st and or prospect and then re-sign Leggio and possibly giving the backup role to Leggio or Hackett.

I think I would be pissed by taking Fucale at 16 and here is my reason. Yes it's great we have a goalie or goalie's to take over for Miller but who in the hell is going to score and play defense. Now if he's available in the second round then maybe. But I think we have plenty of goalie's right now. I still would love for them to unload Miller today for another 1st and or prospect and then re-sign Leggio and possibly giving the backup role to Leggio or Hackett.

I would be willing to take Fucale at 16 if somehow guys like Mantha and Hartman are already off the board. And if we acquire another first. But it's not my preferred pick.

Archived