2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

WTF is that

When it comes to sucking, there is no try, only do.

I'm tickled pink I could mix Star Wars and a penis joke into one reply

Think you may have mixed a bit more than Star Wars and penis jokes in there :flirt:

Well played :lol:

Just a random idea here, with a report that Tyler Myers, Jeff Skinner and the 5th overall pick are all available:

Myers, 8th overall, a 2nd this year and a 2nd next for Jeff Skinner and 5th overall?

I wouldn't mind that but I'm not sure how legitimate of a trade that would be.

Just a random idea here, with a report that Tyler Myers, Jeff Skinner and the 5th overall pick are all available:

Myers, 8th overall, a 2nd this year and a 2nd next for Jeff Skinner and 5th overall?

What report on Myers?

Hard for me to understand why the Sabres would be interested in trading Myers at this point in his career.

Guest Sloth

What report on Myers?

Hard for me to understand why the Sabres would be interested in trading Myers at this point in his career.

Trade value. His "potential" grade is high.

I'm just going to go forward with the idea that the Sabres won't be making any significant moves and will be drafting at #8 and #16. After reviewing the players likely to be available I have come to the following conclusions:

#8 the Sabres should draft:

Samuel Morin

D 6' 7" 205 lbs

Rimouski (QMJHL)

#16 the Sabres should draft:

Frederik Gauthier

C 6' 5" 210 lbs

Rimouski (QMJHL)

Big strong kids that are on upswings. Exactly what the Sabres need at this stage of the game.

I'm just going to go forward with the idea that the Sabres won't be making any significant moves and will be drafting at #8 and #16. After reviewing the players likely to be available I have come to the following conclusions:

Samuel Morin

D 6' 7" 205 lbs

Rimouski (QMJHL)

Frederik Gauthier

C 6' 5" 210 lbs

Rimouski (QMJHL)

Big strong kids that are on upswings. Exactly what the Sabres need at this stage of the game.

Did you just find the largest defensemen in the draft? Nobody has Morin as a top-10 talent, and some not even in the first round.

Morin simply isn't a top-10 player in this draft.

He's better than that, he's what the Sabres need and will be available. I've seen him as high as 11 to Philly and 13 to Winnipeg so I wouldn't risk waiting till #16. He may not be "top-10" before the draft, IMO, when the draft is looked back on in a few years, he'll be "top-10." Which I am sure you will agree is far more important.

He's better than that, he's what the Sabres need and will be available. I've seen him as high as 11 to Philly and 13 to Winnipeg so I wouldn't risk waiting till #16. He may not be "top-10" before the draft, IMO, when the draft is looked back on in a few years, he'll be "top-10." Which I am sure you will agree is far more important.

Thinking you can see the future is what led Anakin to the dark side. Just sayin' :P

Samuel Morin

D 6' 7" 205 lbs

Rimouski (QMJHL)

Frederik Gauthier

C 6' 5" 210 lbs

Rimouski (QMJHL)

At 8, Morin is too far from a finished project to take that risk. He's got a HIGH potential but he's a big risk.

If we're interested in Morin, then we'd want him at 16. Too many solid, safer prospects at 8.

checking in quick just to say, Twitter is blowing up with trade talks. NHL execs saying so many guys in play. Expect it to be a long night but nothing should happen til tomorrow. between 12 and 3 stuff may start to move but I think once 3 hits... well hold on to your seats folks, its going to be a crazy ride.

Archived