2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

NOw before you all freak out I am simply asking if the Sabres ended up selecting 1st in this yers draft (which is possible) who do you think they should select? Our defense has been horrible so we could take Jones. He has a lot skills and would def help our d line. He is also a big body. Or we can take MacKinnon who could be a top 6 forward for us almost immediately and projects to be talked about with guys like Corsby, Stamkos, Tavares. So do you go defense or offense?

Me personally I take MacKinnon simply because we lack so much up front and this kid could be great on a line with Grigorenko. From what I have read he plays mostly RW and depending on what you think of Stafford/Pommers/Armia we could easily use him. Bottom line I would not pass on so much offensive talent. His intangibles are less known to me but if anyone has read about those plese chime in.

SO whats it going to be?

Nathan MacKinnon

http://www.hockeydb.....php?pid=143744

Seth Jones

http://www.hockeydb.....php?pid=130914

Central Scouting Ranks: North American Players

http://www.nhl.com/i...spectbrowse.htm

Drouin

Has to at least be in the discussion here.

we cant even lose good enough. well lose the lottery and have to draft 2nd

Honestly I doubt that's a problem this year. MacKinnon, Jones, Drouin...there is no consensus top pick other than those are the class of the draft. Get one and be happy.

Honestly I doubt that's a problem this year. MacKinnon, Jones, Drouin...there is no consensus top pick other than those are the class of the draft. Get one and be happy.

It doesn't sound like Barkov and Nichuskin are too far behind either. This is supposedly a deep draft. I doubt it'll be as ridiculous as 2003, but a top pick this year should really matter.

So well go on a mini win streak right at the end of the season and draft 4th then

It doesn't sound like Barkov and Nichuskin are too far behind either. This is supposedly a deep draft. I doubt it'll be as ridiculous as 2003, but a top pick this year should really matter.

Honestly, if we have to tank a season...a shortened season with a deep draft we can trade assets off to get picks in is pretty good. If we could pull some magic at the deadline and get 2 more firsts, we would be sitting pretty for next couple years

Honestly, if we have to tank a season...a shortened season with a deep draft we can trade assets off to get picks in is pretty good. If we could pull some magic at the deadline and get 2 more firsts, we would be sitting pretty for next couple years

We should be able to pick up some extra picks for sure.

The Sabres should have some discussions with Columbus about their three first round picks.

Archived