2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

Silly.
Agreed. Wonder if this means we'll get more trades before the draft. Also, 3 minutes between picks is going to make for some horrible TV coverage.
Can they use them all at once? The NHL and their braintrust at it again.....

I heard that the NHL has the Prudential Center until 11 PM on Sunday. Could be quite a long day.

Can they use them all at once? The NHL and their braintrust at it again.....

Just what I was wondering. I bet we use 1 in round 4 when we draft back to back. How long are they giving you to stand up at the front and cuddle with your new shiny toy, last year it seemed like teams stood up there forever.

Just what I was wondering. I bet we use 1 in round 4 when we draft back to back. How long are they giving you to stand up at the front and cuddle with your new shiny toy, last year it seemed like teams stood up there forever.

You mean 5th round of course.

You mean 5th round of course.

dear lord I really need to stop today... I have looked at our picks so many times I should know them by heart... yes picks 129 and 130.... right I hope thats right otherwise I am on strike 3 :unsure:

dear lord I really need to stop today... I have looked at our picks so many times I should know them by heart... yes picks 129 and 130.... right I hope thats right otherwise I am on strike 3 :unsure:

You get plenty of at bats, so no worries. :thumbsup:

I can see the Sabres taking Fucale, now that we signed Enroth and have Hackett in the pipeline. Our drafts have been clueless. Do we have a scouting department yet? No wonder why they call it hockey heaven...you have to be dead and buried to get there.

Not that I don't think the kid is good but I would be pissed at another goalie. The team needs offensive prospects and with us trading 3 defenseman last year we need to grab a d-man or two in their first 5 picks.

I'd love it if Kevin Allen's (USAToday) Mock comes to fruition: http://www.usatoday....-draft/2450897/

Lindholm at 8 and Horvat at 16.

This guy is trolling us big time. No way in hell anything this good happens on Sunday, or maybe not ever.......

EDIT: Not only does he have us getting Lindholm and Horvat, but Lazar is available at #16 too. Sorry, I can't accept that anything this good could ever happen.

Me likey:

@wyshynski

Darnell Nurse: I love hitting people.

Hmm....Paging SF in NS.

@BNHarrington

Halifax goalie Zach Fucale tells TBN he went to two individual team combines -- Montreal and Buffalo. Uh-huh. #Millertime

@BuffNewsVogl

Forwards Sean Monahan and Hunter Shinkaruk say they attended Sabres' scouting combine and left with good impressions for both sides.

Me likey:

@wyshynski

Hmm....Paging SF in NS.

@BNHarrington

Halifax goalie Zach Fucale tells TBN he went to two individual team combines -- Montreal and Buffalo. Uh-huh. #Millertime

@BuffNewsVogl

Forwards Sean Monahan and Hunter Shinkaruk say they attended Sabres' scouting combine and left with good impressions for both sides.

I'm going to go throw up.

Twice. Once at each pick.

;) :blush: maybe\

As for the Fucale stuff... I can't get behind taking him at 16. I hope it is just posturing to get Calgary to trade something with us. Idk it just seems over the top to take him that early when our biggest issue has and continues to be puck possession. Something that Lindholm and Horvat excel at.

I would cream myself.

I like it that we are hearing rumors of NYI at 15 for Miller......I think between picks 8 and 20....it is a free-for-all and you just let the talent drop to you. Still shop the heck out of Vanek to Philly, Columbus, etc. You will have 1 of Lindholm, Nurse and Monahan on the board at 8. I like Horvat myself there at 8. I can't see him lasting to 16. I'm worried about Lazar even being there. Imagine having 8,11,15,16 and walking away with Lindholm, Monahan, Horvat and Lazar. You would have Bruin-like forward depth overnight.

As for the Fucale stuff... I can't get behind taking him at 16. I hope it is just posturing to get Calgary to trade something with us. Idk it just seems over the top to take him that early when our biggest issue has and continues to be puck possession. Something that Lindholm and Horvat excel at.

I'm 100% with you.

I like it that we are hearing rumors of NYI at 15 for Miller......I think between picks 8 and 20....it is a free-for-all and you just let the talent drop to you. Still shop the heck out of Vanek to Philly, Columbus, etc. You will have 1 of Lindholm, Nurse and Monahan on the board at 8. I like Horvat myself there at 8. I can't see him lasting to 16. I'm worried about Lazar even being there. Imagine having 8,11,15,16 and walking away with Lindholm, Monahan, Horvat and Lazar. You would have Bruin-like forward depth overnight.

Love this, but if the Sabres add another pick between 8 and 16 by trading Miller, my guess is that they'd use one of those three on Fucale (which would be less exciting).

I'm 100% with you.

Has anyone from the team ever talked about puck possession? Regier talked about "suffering" and Pegula talked about "hard work" in his last attempt at an interview. I have no idea if the team cares as much about this as the fans on this board do. (I hope they do.)

I would die from the super ###### if that came to fruition.

As for the rest, I think Lazar will be there but Horvat at 16 is a stretch. His playoffs this year make me believe he goes in the 11-13 range. If we get 11 we should grab him. If we had the pick you suggest... Lindholm, Horvat, Lazar, Zykov would be my bet and would make us instantly the deepest talent pool in the league. It would be a good mix of grit/size/scoring

O#g#sm gets blurred... hmm didn't realize that

If we honestly had 8,11, 15, 16 I would guess we end up with Lindolm, Horvat, Best defender available (Zadarov/Santini/Pulock) and then Fucale. assuming Miller is traded to acquire one of those picks

that would be my guess as to what Regier would actually do.

Me likey:

@wyshynski

Hmm....Paging SF in NS.

@BNHarrington

@BuffNewsVogl

NS reporting for duty ...

FUCALE!!

Archived