2013 NHL Entry Draft: Buffalo Sabres Select...

LGR4GM

Jones or MacKinnon  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you draft given the 1st overall pick?

• Seth Jones
    • Nathan MacKinnon
    • Jonathan Drouin
  2. 2. Who do you think the Sabres should draft at #8 overall?

• Sean Monahan
    • Elias Lindholm
    • Valeri Nichushkin
    • Ristolainen/Nurse/Zadarov/Other defender
    • Zach Fucale
    • Other, please post name

Andrew Peters just said he really hopes Buffalo drafts Darnell Nurse. So suddenly Nurse seems a lot less appealing to me than he did yesterday.

He also said he thought Tampa Bay would take him at #7, so we can probably scratch that off the list too.

Andrew Peters just said he really hopes Buffalo drafts Darnell Nurse. So suddenly Nurse seems a lot less appealing to me than he did yesterday.

He also said he thought Tampa Bay would take him at #7, so we can probably scratch that off the list too.

Edmonton at 7 is what he said but if that happens than Lindholm/Monahan/Nichushkin falls to us.

Edmonton at 7 is what he said but if that happens than Lindholm/Monahan/Nichushkin falls to us.

Oops. Yeah, he said "Edmonton." That was my screw up above.

Unfortunately, I'm uncomfortable with Andrew Peters liking a player that I like or suggesting that Edmonton might help one of the magnificent seven fall to us. His track record for incredibly goofy takes speaks for itself.

Oops. Yeah, he said "Edmonton." That was my screw up above.

Unfortunately, I'm uncomfortable with Andrew Peters liking a player that I like or suggesting that Edmonton might help one of the magnificent seven fall to us. His track record for incredibly goofy takes speaks for itself.

But it is a win win for you... if Edmonton takes Nurse we get a mag 7. If they don't he was wrong and we get Nurse (I think we are higher on him than Risto and after a lot more reading and watching I understand why and can agree) so either way Peters will be wrong :flirt:

You just know that one of these calls is from DR:

@markhmasters

Flames' Feaster says he's getting a lot of calls about the No. 6 pick

And also:

TSNRyanRishaug: Feaster says they would consider it a factor if the player they wanted at six wasn’t going to come over right away.

So the Flames might not be high on waiting for Lindholm as LGR suggested. The Lindholm drop to 7 followed by a pick swap with Edmonton looks like it could actually happen. Of course, all depends on Carolina or whomever taking a chance on Nischuskin or however it is spelled.

I'm off today and tuning to the Andrew Peters show. I think Petey and the Wookie are the same guy. Just a theory.

And also:

TSNRyanRishaug: Feaster says they would consider it a factor if the player they wanted at six wasn’t going to come over right away.

So the Flames might not be high on waiting for Lindholm as LGR suggested. The Lindholm drop to 7 followed by a pick swap with Edmonton looks like it could actually happen. Of course, all depends on Carolina or whomever taking a chance on Nischuskin or however it is spelled.

I think the flames are high on Monahan but again at this late stage it is really hard to guess anymore. Teams are saying anything and everything. I see the draft actually occurring along these lines:

1) MacKinnon - Colorado

2) Jones - Florida

3) Barkov - Tampa

4) Drouin - Nashville

5) Nurse - Carolina

6) Monahan - Calgary

7) Nichushkin - Edmonton (Nichushkin on the LW with Yakupov and RNH)

8) Lindholm - Buffalo

As a final prediction Im going to go with the Buffalo Sabres selecting

8th - Nichushkin (I feel like the Russian factor makes him fall and if Carolina doesnt take him at 5 then theres a good chance we get him)

16th - Lazar

I think I would be happy with the way the first round would fall baring no trades. I really think Nichuskin is there at 8. Should we be happy with him at 8th

I can see the Sabres taking Fucale, now that we signed Enroth and have Hackett in the pipeline. Our drafts have been clueless. Do we have a scouting department yet? No wonder why they call it hockey heaven...you have to be dead and buried to get there.

As a final prediction Im going to go with the Buffalo Sabres selecting

8th - Nichushkin (I feel like the Russian factor makes him fall and if Carolina doesnt take him at 5 then theres a good chance we get him)

16th - Lazar

I think I would be happy with the way the first round would fall baring no trades. I really think Nichuskin is there at 8. Should we be happy with him at 8th

I'd be thrilled with Nichushkin at 8. Yes there are risks with his attitude, and quitting on the bike at the combine is worrisome. But man, he has the talent to be in that top tier. At 8 it's worth the risk.

I can see the Sabres taking Fucale, now that we signed Enroth and have Hackett in the pipeline. Our drafts have been clueless. Do we have a scouting department yet? No wonder why they call it hockey heaven...you have to be dead and buried to get there.

What the hell are you talking about?

I'd be thrilled with Nichushkin at 8. Yes there are risks with his attitude, and quitting on the bike at the combine is worrisome. But man, he has the talent to be in that top tier. At 8 it's worth the risk.

He is out of shape IMPO as far as his Cardio training. I worry he doesn't have the drive. I am not sure however we can pass on him at 8 BUT if it was Lindholm or Nurse or even Monahan Versus Nichushkin I might go with the safer pick.

Of course as you said "it is a good thing you are not gm" :P

He is out of shape IMPO as far as his Cardio training. I worry he doesn't have the drive. I am not sure however we can pass on him at 8 BUT if it was Lindholm or Nurse or even Monahan Versus Nichushkin I might go with the safer pick.

Of course as you said "it is a good thing you are not gm" :P

I would probably take Lindolm over him because of the risk factor, but I'd like gamble on Nichushkin over either Monahan or Nurse.

???

Anyways, I haven't been this excited for the nhl draft ever. I have been counting the days. We have a lot of good draft picks in a very deep and solid draft.

???

Anyways, I haven't been this excited for the nhl draft ever. I have been counting the days. We have a lot of good draft picks in a very deep and solid draft.

Me too! I love the fact TSN is broadcasting the entire draft. As for us Canadians, it's July 1 holdiay on Monday so I won't feel guilty with a brew (or several) in hand watching Sunday!

I began this thread on February 23, 2013. It now consists of 65pages, 2,570replies (mine being 271) and 83,820 views. We have discussed almost every single prospect that the Sabres could draft in the first round. I am extremely excited about this draft and extremely happy for all the hard work and in depth discussions that have occurred, thanks everyone!

Archived