EDIT - from photos leaving the pitch, now looks conscious, thank god 

Edited by Thorny
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

unbelievably scary stuff happening in the denmark finland game right now

a player has gone down and they are administering CPR

Christian Eriksen. Denmark. 

My wife and I were watching the match while doing lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. Last I saw was that he was being taken off on a stretcher, surrounded by teammates and white sheets lifted up for privacy.

Update: Eriksen has been stabilized but remains in the hospital. Both teams have approached match officials about restarting the match where they left off, and the powers that be agreed.

Edited by Crosschecking
Update
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

unbelievably scary stuff happening in the denmark finland game right now

a player has gone down and they are administering CPR

Christian Eriksen. Denmark. 

1 hour ago, Crosschecking said:

My wife and I were watching the match while doing lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. Last I saw was that he was being taken off on a stretcher, surrounded by teammates and white sheets lifted up for privacy.

Update: Eriksen has been stabilized but remains in the hospital. Both teams have approached match officials about restarting the match where they left off, and the powers that be agreed.

Scary, indeed.

The match is back underway.

And, may I direct you to the EURO 2020 (2021) discussion in the Football / Soccer Club.  Thanks.

• Like (+1) 2

Just gonna put this here after I put it there...

2 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

I really didn't need to see the medical staff doing chest compressions on him right there on the pitch while his teammates desperately tried to hide him from the cameras.  FFS, it was ghoulish.  

Game should not have been restarted, didn't watch, but saw highlights.  Nobody wanted to or should have been out there.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BagBoy said:

I just read an outstanding article about the Savannah Bananas baseball team.  They are turning the baseball ballpark experience completely upside down and just about everybody loves it...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/31589713/the-most-fun-at-ballpark-mlb-learn-savannah-bananas

Perfect for a non-major league team.

On 6/17/2021 at 4:45 PM, Eleven said:

Perfect for a non-major league team.

I certainly think that MLB can learn something from from this type of attitude.  Obviously they can’t actually do most of the same things, but it’s about being willing to experiment a little and embrace fun.

27 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

With the Western Conference down to the Clippers and Suns, at least one team in the Finals will be one that has never won an NBA championship. Neat.

After the first round ended the most recent champion was Philly in 1983. If Atlanta beats them the most recent champion would be the Bucks in 1971. If we get Clippers-Suns and Nets-Hawks it will be a guaranteed new champion.

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

After the first round ended the most recent champion was Philly in 1983. If Atlanta beats them the most recent champion would be the Bucks in 1971. If we get Clippers-Suns and Nets-Hawks it will be a guaranteed new champion.

The Hawks won in 1958 (when they were the St. Louis Hawks).  That said, a Clippers/Hawks final would be team-originating-in-Buffalo versus team-originating-in-Buffalo, Buffalo

22 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

The Hawks won in 1958 (when they were the St. Louis Hawks).  That said, a Clippers/Hawks final would be team-originating-in-Buffalo versus team-originating-in-Buffalo, Buffalo

Nets won in 74 and 76 when they were the New York Nets as well but in the ABA.