The other sports thread

Eleven

It's friggin' d4rk in that photo, but the chick does not look like Josie.  Well, kinda.

We're both brunettes and visibly female, that's where the comparisons end. The lord sure didn't bless me with looks. :(  Sorry, universe. I don't please thee. 

His hair looks like a loaf of bread got run over by a truck and then crammed onto his noggin. Nope. Nope nope. Nope. 

We're both brunettes and visibly female, that's where the comparisons end. The lord sure didn't bless me with looks. :(  Sorry, universe. I don't please thee. 

His hair looks like a loaf of bread got run over by a truck and then crammed onto his noggin. Nope. Nope nope. Nope. 

post-1429-0-87841700-1500044234_thumb.png

Edited by SwampD

True. It's the last quote that got me, him saying it's Judge's team. I think he likes the fact that the Nationals are his team.

Also, a lot can be said about Harper, and yes $400m is $400m, but the dude did mary his HS sweetheart, which I think says something about him...mostly that he's an idiot 

He's probably just a Republican. They always seem to be the type to marry the first chick to give them a ######. (HJ - stupid filters)

Edited by Drunkard

They'll do the same thing every team of that budget does: lose all of their stars in 2-4 years

They have their Pegula now, I don't think it will happen that way and their minor league system is stacked

1-5 against the reigning AL champs this season.

WOW, talking smack while the Indians are 13 games behind them now. I'm expecting the Indians to make a bit of a comeback but the Astros currently have the 4th best run differential at this point of the season EVER. Just think they've done this with 4 of their projected starting pitching staff out on IR the majority of the last month and they should all be back possibly by the end of this month. 

They lead MLB in BA, hits, 2Bs, HRs, OBP, Slugging and have a higher team OPS than the 27 Yankees and have scored 50 more runs than the 2nd place team in the AL!!! Plus with all their perceived pitching woes they are 3rd in the AL with a .015 ERA higher than the #1 team. 

This team is truly special and if you are a baseball fan you need to see them whenever they're on a national broadcast. 

This Mayweather promo garbage is an insult to sportsmanship. I hope their kids are proud watching them act like 2 year olds....

This is the main event. The fight will be complete garbage. They are doing a damn fine job of keeping themselves relevant and creating interest. The fight will draw huge numbers and will be a total letdown. And Floyd is gonna make serious bank off of the gate.

Not looking good for Venus.  She's down a set and is losing the second set 3-0 (and that included two service breaks).  It's amazing that she even got to the final at her age, though.

Edited by Eleven

WOW, talking smack while the Indians are 13 games behind them now. I'm expecting the Indians to make a bit of a comeback but the Astros currently have the 4th best run differential at this point of the season EVER. Just think they've done this with 4 of their projected starting pitching staff out on IR the majority of the last month and they should all be back possibly by the end of this month. 

They lead MLB in BA, hits, 2Bs, HRs, OBP, Slugging and have a higher team OPS than the 27 Yankees and have scored 50 more runs than the 2nd place team in the AL!!! Plus with all their perceived pitching woes they are 3rd in the AL with a .015 ERA higher than the #1 team. 

This team is truly special and if you are a baseball fan you need to see them whenever they're on a national broadcast. 

Hahahaha, someone got a bit defensive.  You started the smack talk wit the Astros, I'm just pointing out their failures against the Tribe. :P

Girardi: Chapman's World Series use may be affecting him this year

https://www.thescore.com/news/1333753

(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

Oh, eat , Girardi! Your bullpen management and your pitching coach and the fact that your entire bullpen blows this year and you want to blame last year's world series?

I don't have time for excuse makers. The Yankees would be the best team in baseball is the game was only 8 innings. That's a joke.

Oh, by the way, Joe Espada, the 3rd base coach...yup, he sucks too! Learn to hold a runner with 1 out, Joe!

The LA Dodgers just might be for real this year. Incredible run they are on right now.

I've got a buddy who is a huge Dodgers fan and I feel like I have to hear about this every single year. They've been good, they might be better this year, but they still have yet to do anything in the last 29 years. They're working on 5 division titles in a row and 0 pennants. They need to show up in the playoffs at least once this century.