The other sports thread

Eleven

So, apparently the Blue Jays management had a press conference yesterday to announce that they are giving up on this season.

I realise that they are terrible and the season is over, but who makes that announcement?

The Blue Jays are about to be bad for a few seasons, if not longer. They missed their window

Yanks walk off, very nice.

Trade deadline is coming up, and the A's want either Clint Frazier + or Gleybar Torres + for Sonny Gray. Yeah good luck with that one, Bean.

I've been pretty pumped about the prospect of getting Gray.

Frazier or Torres? that noise. Looks like we ain't getting Gray. Who's next on the list.

I've been pretty pumped about the prospect of getting Gray.

Frazier or Torres? ###### that noise. Looks like we ain't getting Gray. Who's next on the list.

Darvish apparently. Gray is just such a better option though. We need young pitching, after this season it's even worse than it is now.

Darvish apparently. Gray is just such a better option though. We need young pitching, after this season it's even worse than it is now.

It's not getting fixed this year. I don't think they'll entertain the thought of Darvish (whos K rate keeps declining). They might add something small, Like Jamie Garcia or that receiver from Notre Dame.

The baddest mother fu**er on the planet is back! Jon Jones kicked DC's ass last night. I love watching Bones fight. He's like a combination of Jason Statham, Jean Claude Van Damme, Wesley Snipes, Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali....on coke! He's freaking lethal! Best MMA fighter ever.

The baddest mother fu**er on the planet is back! Jon Jones kicked DC's ass last night. I love watching Bones fight. He's like a combination of Jason Statham, Jean Claude Van Damme, Wesley Snipes, Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali....on coke! He's freaking lethal! Best MMA fighter ever.

Called out Brock Lesner.  Damn.

I've not been a fan of UFC to date, but the Bones fight had me curious.  And the MacGregor-Maywether fight is boxing so I'm in.  Those bastages just might suck me in if they stop doing pay per view for their most compelling cards.

Edited by We've

Called out Brock Lesner. Damn.

I've not been a fan of UFC to date, but the Bones fight had me curious. And the MacGregor-Maywether fight is boxing so I'm in. Those bastages just might suck me in if they stop doing pay per view for their most compelling cards.

Bones will Lesnar up.

And if Floyd had any power whatsoever, you'd have to have very serious concerns for McGregor's life. They don't even play the same sport.

Bones will ###### Lesnar up.

And if Floyd had any power whatsoever, you'd have to have very serious concerns for McGregor's life. They don't even play the same sport.

Not knowing much about the sport, Bones-Lesnar is compelling to me because of the stature of both men in the sport, and the incredible size difference of the two. Its not David and Goliath, but damn is Lesnar a freak of a human being.

And I agree about McGregors health, and chances in the fight, but Im curious as hell. Mayweather being a bad human being makes me interested as well.

Not knowing much about the sport, Bones-Lesnar is compelling to me because of the stature of both men in the sport, and the incredible size difference of the two. Its not David and Goliath, but damn is Lesnar a freak of a human being.

And I agree about McGregors health, and chances in the fight, but Im curious as hell. Mayweather being a bad human being makes me interested as well.

Mayweather is definitely a bad human being. But at least this fight isn't being promoted like the Pacquiao fight was with the whole Manny=good, Floyd=bad, angle. That drove me nuts, as Pacquiao is a sh!t human being as well.

Yanks absolutely fleece the A's and land Sonny Gray. Astros do almost nothing, LA shores up the pen and adds Darvish, and Britton stays in Baltimore

It was a good day.

Kap has never been healthy (might be hyperbole for a guy drafted 2 years ago)

Fowler is in a wheelchair

And Mateo is speed and nothing else.

Damn fine trade. The Yankees also picked up 1.5 mil in international bonus money. That's just ducky!

Yanks absolutely fleece the A's and land Sonny Gray. Astros do almost nothing, LA shores up the pen and adds Darvish, and Britton stays in Baltimore

I was really hoping LA would end up with Gray, but Darvish is probably more valuable for THIS postseason.

So I just saw the catch made by Cleveland's CF last night.  A random question came to mind.  As I'm reading the rules online, it states that once that player falls out of play while making a catch, the ball is dead.  Does that mean that if anyone is on base, they do not get to advance?  It would just be an out with no sacrifice whatsoever?