The other sports thread

Eleven

Speaking of that formula 1,i would love to get me an audi R8... Maybe one day.

I'm happy bouncey ball is over, this part of the year sucks, no hockey, no football, and in between trades and drafts.... Blah

The R8 is one of Josie's dream cars.

I've become a bit of a Jaguar fan. Between the XF Sportbrake and the F-Type S, I'm just in love with what they're doing.

I wish I could get these things from an American marque.

If the Habs best (not longest) dynasty ('76-'79) could never sweep through (nor could the Aisles nor Eulers) then neither should bounceyball's moneyball team.

See I'll take the opposite stance. Since bounceyball is so lame, the playoffs might as well be too.

The R8 is one of Josie's dream cars.

I've become a bit of a Jaguar fan. Between the XF Sportbrake and the F-Type S, I'm just in love with what they're doing.

I wish I could get these things from an American marque.

One of the guys down in Bradford, PA (who woulda thought) has a jag F type - 's.... That's the problem living here, buying something so nice, only to have to put it away half the year and then drive on potholes the other half.

One of the guys down in Bradford, PA (who woulda thought) has a jag F type - 's.... That's the problem living here, buying something so nice, only to have to put it away half the year and then drive on potholes the other half.

I mean, I would only buy one in order to do just that. I would never see road salt. Ever.

24 Hours of Le Mans this weekend. I've been rooting for Audi in LMP1 for years now, but thanks to Dieselgate their team is shut down and not competing. Being a fanboy of their R10-18 TDI Le Mans cars was part of my motivation for buying that little diesel Golf. Now that's all dead to me.  :( 

So I don't know who to root for now. Looking through the grid for this year (http://www.spotterguides.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/17_LM24_v2.pdf) and I guess I could enjoy the battle between Chevy and Ford in GTE Pro. 

I could switch allegiances to Porsche since they took on some of the guys from the Audi team, but I'm not really a Porsche guy.

Cadillac has been running a prototype car (Cadillac DPi-V.R.) in the IMSA circuit, so maybe someday they'll make the move to WEC LMP1 or LMP2. That would be fun. 

I'm a man without a WEC team these days. :bag:

Just by looking at the pretty colors:

- One of the Toyotas for LMP1; maybe the tech will end up in a future Sienna, LOL.

- Tockwith for LMP2, I love the old Gulf colors.

- Uh, I guess the Corvette Racing since I'm historically a Chevy guy

• 2 weeks later...

Manny Pacquiao loses to an Australian gym teacher. Good! Now go away. Evidently he got hosed, too. Also good! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. F*** that guy.

Edited by ubkev

Free agency in bouncy ball is just nuts ... plentiful 3 year $100 M contracts all around.  And that is for players that have not really proven anything ... Lowry in Toronto can only take the Raptors to a series against Lebron and that's it .  Curry is going to sign a deal worth over $200 M over 3 (I think) years.

Just insane.

Free agency in bouncy ball is just nuts ... plentiful 3 year $100 M contracts all around. And that is for players that have not really proven anything ... Lowry in Toronto can only take the Raptors to a series against Lebron and that's it . Curry is going to sign a deal worth over $200 M over 3 (I think) years.

Just insane.

Currys deal is 5 years $200 mill. Forty per season, which is slightly more palatable than the $70 mill you tabled.

Went to the SWB RailRiders game tonight because baseball on the 4th of July is freaking great. Bought a standing room ticket, got my score book and settled in above the bullpens.

I'm watching the game,drinking a beer and keeping score for 2 innings. The house is packed. A gaggle of lovely ladies approach. They ask if they can stand on the rail next to me, I obliged. These women are not from around here. They have $400 hair jobs, dressed to the 9s, and engagement rings bigger than, well, they're big. Come to find out, they're wives of the Buffalo players.

What a lovely bunch of ladies. That is all. Very nice to talk and listen to.

Who's taking the HR derby tonight? Any guesses?

My picks:

Stanton over Sanchez

Moustakas over Sano

Judge over Bour

Blackmon over Bellinger

Stanton over Moose

Judge over Blackmon

Judge over Stanton in the epic showdown everyone deserves.

Someone needs to convince me something fishy isn't going on with Judge or the baseballs.

Don't forget about Cody Bellinger.  Second fastest player in MLB history to 25 home runs.  He got it in his 69th career game.  Judge needed 85 games to hit his 25th home run.  And Bellinger is 3 years younger.  A couple of crazy good rookies this year.

Someone needs to convince me something fishy isn't going on with Judge or the baseballs.

Ryan Howard is 6'4" 240lbs. I think that's what's up with Judge. Guy is just huge. I think his natural strength combined with bat speed give him an epic combination. He's been very lucky with his BABIP and HR/FB%. I think both will regress a little, and he'll still be a stud. 

Now, could the balls be juiced this year? I'm not privy.

B_b47_dWQAAqoHP.0.jpg

Ryan Howard is 6'4" 240lbs. I think that's what's up with Judge. Guy is just huge. I think his natural strength combined with bat speed give him an epic combination. He's been very lucky with his BABIP and HR/FB%. I think both will regress a little, and he'll still be a stud.

Now, could the balls be juiced this year? I'm not privy.

B_b47_dWQAAqoHP.0.jpg

I understand he's gronk playing baseball but his average jumped 80 points in two seasons of AAA ball to the majors. I guess guys just figure it out but it seems a little strange.

I understand he's gronk playing baseball but his average jumped 80 points in two seasons of AAA ball to the majors. I guess guys just figure it out but it seems a little strange.

His BABIP is .426 this year. That's nuts. For comparison, Trout pretty much led the way last year and his BABIP was .371

I think Judge could stay up there with the league leaders like Trout, because he hits the cover off the ball. But look for his BA to drop big time as luck runs out.

Who's taking the HR derby tonight? Any guesses?

My picks:

Stanton over Sanchez

Moustakas over Sano

Judge over Bour

Blackmon over Bellinger

Stanton over Moose

Judge over Blackmon

Judge over Stanton in the epic showdown everyone deserves.

Haha, you might go 0-4