The other sports thread

Eleven

I think Scooter Gennett deserves a shout out in this thread! Last night his ABs looked like:

RBI Single

Grand Slam

2R HR

Solo HR

2R HR

Final line of 5-5, 4 HR, 10 RBI, 4 R

Oh and coming into the game, he had 3 HR all season.

I think Scooter Gennett deserves a shout out in this thread! Last night his ABs looked like:

RBI Single

Grand Slam

2R HR

Solo HR

2R HR

Final line of 5-5, 4 HR, 10 RBI, 4 R

Oh and coming into the game, he had 3 HR all season.

Couldn't hit a 3R HR, pffft, I ain't impressed.

Has the home run cycle ever been completed?

A quick google says only in the minors and college.. maybe someday! My money would NOT have been on a 2B by the name of Scooter

He may never have another multi homer game in his career.

He was swingin it last night, though.

Cleveland collapses and the series is over. Korver with a terrible miss then Irving with an even worse shot selection on a deep 3 and misses as well.

Last night they did everything possible to win that came until the last ~3mins. If they can't win at home with LeBron and Kyrie playing at their best, then this is truly over and likely a sweep. The Warriors took the Cavs best punch and still pulled out the victory.

At least the game was close/watchable...

Last night they did everything possible to win that came until the last ~3mins. If they can't win at home with LeBron and Kyrie playing at their best, then this is truly over and likely a sweep. The Warriors took the Cavs best punch and still pulled out the victory.

At least the game was close/watchable...

Yep, Lebron did everything he could and then some last night.  The guy was dead tired going into the 4th.  Lebron only sat for 2 minutes the entire game.  When he was on the floor, the Cavs were a + 7.  When he was on the bench, they were a - 8.  I wouldn't say the Cavs gave their best punch.  That effort only goes to Lebron and Kyrie.  

Edited by GoPre

Yep, Lebron did everything he could and then some last night.  The guy was dead tired going into the 4th.  Lebron only sat for 2 minutes the entire game.  When he was on the floor, the Cavs were a + 7.  When he was on the bench, they were a - 8.  I wouldn't say the Cavs gave their best punch.  That effort only goes to Lebron and Kyrie.

One could argue that they are the only players on the Cavs (that matter), so I stand by my statement.

The Cavs-Warriors were pretty evenly matched last year, and it was flippin awesome (they were probably evenly matched two years ago too if the Cavs had had Kyrie and Love healthy). The Warriors then added Kevin freaking Durant, at worst the third best player in the league. The Cavs added...the decaying carcass of Deron Williams and 6th man Kyle Korver? Bleh. As a basketball fan, I'm just sad we've been deprived of a true runner match. And I say that without any animus towards Durant or the Warriors--I'd have done the same thing in their shoes.

The worst part is I don't think there's any obvious move the Cavs can make this offseason to even it up again. Best hope for competition next year may be the Spurs adding CP3, and hoping Kawhi doesn't go down in game 1.

The Cavs-Warriors were pretty evenly matched last year, and it was flippin awesome (they were probably evenly matched two years ago too if the Cavs had had Kyrie and Love healthy). The Warriors then added Kevin freaking Durant, at worst the third best player in the league. The Cavs added...the decaying carcass of Deron Williams and 6th man Kyle Korver? Bleh. As a basketball fan, I'm just sad we've been deprived of a true runner match. And I say that without any animus towards Durant or the Warriors--I'd have done the same thing in their shoes.

The worst part is I don't think there's any obvious move the Cavs can make this offseason to even it up again. Best hope for competition next year may be the Spurs adding CP3, and hoping Kawhi doesn't go down in game 1.

I've heard LeBron might leave for LA?

Also, how long can the Warriors even stay together? At some point they gotta start handing out max deals

LeBron has nobody to blame but himself for the evolution of super teams. He's the one that started it

I've heard LeBron might leave for LA?

Also, how long can the Warriors even stay together? At some point they gotta start handing out max deals

LeBron has nobody to blame but himself for the evolution of super teams. He's the one that started it

I haven't heard anything about LeBron going to LA. And why would he? They're in even worse shape.

They already have a bunch of max deals, but they were spaced out smartly enough, with some under the previous CBA, to not be problematic. Though I think both Curry and Durant are due new deals in the next couple years.

LeBron did not start the super teams, he was only the most prominent to do it. Hell, we don't even have to go that far back: KG and Ray Allen to the Celtics.

I haven't heard anything about LeBron going to LA. And why would he? They're in even worse shape.

They already have a bunch of max deals, but they were spaced out smartly enough, with some under the previous CBA, to not be problematic. Though I think both Curry and Durant are due new deals in the next couple years.

LeBron did not start the super teams, he was only the most prominent to do it. Hell, we don't even have to go that far back: KG and Ray Allen to the Celtics.

The Clippers are in worse shape than the Cavs, minus LeBron?

So the NBA is basically unwatchable for the next 3-4 years

I remember that big 3, but it pales in comparison to the LeBron Heat and current Warriors 

When I was in little league, my neighbor and best friend (I was the best man at his wedding) and I were pitching against one another in the championship game. In the first inning, one of us hit the other on accident. Not to be out done, we continually hit each other every single time we came to hit, for the entire game. This went on until the last inning, where the bases were loaded and he was up (I was pitching). Well, I couldn't just let him win this game of hitting each other, so I said ###### the game and drilled him one more time.

100% worth it.

:D Awesome.

100% spot on. I'm still trying to enjoy the watch, as we are witnessing true greatness from the GSW, but it does seem a little lopsided.

Still, there's been amazing talent on display. Lebron is still the best player in the world. Durant is #2. He's amazing.

Was just gonna say. The Celtics did it recently, before Lebron. If Lebron's "talents to south beach" was a different animal and an evolution of that, Durant to GS represents an equal scale evolution. This is a 73 win team adding Durant, a guy who took them to 7 games the season before.

The Clippers are in worse shape than the Cavs, minus LeBron?

So the NBA is basically unwatchable for the next 3-4 years

I remember that big 3, but it pales in comparison to the LeBron Heat and current Warriors

With regard to the bolded, I alternatively feel that way. But other times I remember that the chance to see athletic greatness is a big reason we watch sports, and the teams and players that achieve that create the moments we remember.

Golden State, in the big picture, is on a run everyone will remember for a long time.

With regard to the bolded, I alternatively feel that way. But other times I remember that the chance to see athletic greatness is a big reason we watch sports, and the teams and players that achieve that create the moments we remember.

Golden State, in the big picture, is on a run everyone will remember for a long time.

Is it really all that impressive though? It's like the Dream Team beating up on nobody's 

Having your league that lopsided and completely unwatchable for that long is just insane to me. The NBA is so concerned about players being rested affecting their ticket sales, and meanwhile only 10 games a year are actually important and fun to watch for the average fan

Is it really all that impressive though? It's like the Dream Team beating up on nobody's 

Having your league that lopsided and completely unwatchable for that long is just insane to me. The NBA is so concerned about players being rested affecting their ticket sales, and meanwhile only 10 games a year are actually important and fun to watch for the average fan

I used to date a gal who was a big fan of Sprewell and of Iverson.  Anytime the Knicks or Sixers were in town, we had to go.  It's definitely more of a star-driven league than the NHL is.

And I can say for certain that people turned up to watch those stars.  MCI Center was a different place when Ewing and Sprewell and Larry Johnson were in town than it was when the Cavaliers (who had NOBODY back then) were in town.

I used to date a gal who was a big fan of Sprewell and of Iverson. Anytime the Knicks or Sixers were in town, we had to go. It's definitely more of a star-driven league than the NHL is.

And I can say for certain that people turned up to watch those stars. MCI Center was a different place when Ewing and Sprewell and Larry Johnson were in town than it was when the Cavaliers (who had NOBODY back then) were in town.

How dare you call Zydrunas Ilgauskas a nobody!

Man, that Knicks team was good. Charlie Ward, Houston, Spree, LJ, Camby and Ewing.

spike lee and Reggie Miller, man.

I get you, but I wouldn't say they are beating nobody's. Lebron is a top 5 player of all time. 3-time Champ, best player in the league right now. Sure, everyone else on that team besides Kyrie may be letting them down, but the Cavs were absolutely dominant in their own right until they ran into GS.

I get you, but I wouldn't say they are beating nobody's. Lebron is a the top 5 player of all time. 3-time Champ, best player in the league right now. Sure, everyone else on that team besides Kyrie may be letting them down, but the Cavs were absolutely dominant in their own right until they ran into GS.

:angel:

At least there was a shroud of the team being assembled organically. The Heat and now the Warriors have left a bad taste in my mouth. What LeBron did to Cleveland was ruthless, what KD did was cowardice. He couldn't beat the man so he has to be the man. The worst part is that he was directly responsible for the Thunder losing to the Warriors, then he says peace out. Thanks for nothing guy. Edited by inkman

Jordan has 6 NBA titles.  A number of records belong to him.  Jordan has the all-time record for leading the NBA in scoring.  He did that 10 times.  Jordan has career records for regular season scoring.  He averaged 30.12 points a game. Jordan also has that record for the playoffs.  Averaged 33.5 points.  Jordan has a number of records.  I could go on and on.  Jordan is the greatest of all time.