Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Powder day tomorrow. Going to be tough to sleep tonight, even though I have to get up early to drive to the slopes. Haven't boarded on a real mountain (Bis Snow in East Rutherford doesn't count) in just under 15 years. I'm *****in psyched!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

• 2 weeks later...

Dallas and Miami getting buried in the playoffs is awesome. Bills have their issues but these 2 teams received a lot of over the top praise this year. Playoffs start and total no-shows. 

Dak Prescott is a fraud. He won't win anything. Love outplayed him by a mile. 

Congrats to the Lions. That was awesome. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, shrader said:

When they said that the lions last won a playoff game over 30 years ago, I had the shocking realization that the early 90s were 30 years ago. 

I still have to re-realize this almost weekly.

57 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Woke up praying to the porcelain god, for unknown reasons. 

It's a minus 9 wind chill. 

F it, I'm going skiing 

Hit it hard for me. It’s shaping up to be two straight seasons without skiing. 

On 1/15/2024 at 7:01 AM, Night Train said:

Dak Prescott is a fraud. He won't win anything. Love outplayed him by a mile. 

Congrats to the Lions. That was awesome. 

I've seen odds at 50-50 that put Belichick into the head coaching spot in Dallas next year.  That would be a disaster for the Cowboys on two fronts:

1. Belichick would demand far more team control than Jerry Jones would give them.  Oh the drama that would produce.
  2. Belichick is only Belichick because he had Brady.  Dak is not Brady and it would further expose Belichick as a mediocre coach who won only because he had a superstar QB.

And yes, congrats to the Lions.  Apparently the last time they won was when I lived in Detroit, many, many, many years ago.

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I've seen odds at 50-50 that put Belichick into the head coaching spot in Dallas next year.  That would be a disaster for the Cowboys on two fronts:

1. Belichick would demand far more team control than Jerry Jones would give them.  Oh the drama that would produce.
  2. Belichick is only Belichick because he had Brady.  Dak is not Brady and it would further expose Belichick as a mediocre coach who won only because he had a superstar QB.

And yes, congrats to the Lions.  Apparently the last time they won was when I lived in Detroit, many, many, many years ago.

But Don Freakin Granato turned Rasmus Dahlin into a superstar? Bill gets no credit for Brady?

17 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Bill gets no credit for Brady?

It was symbiotic.  And it was a one-time deal.  With other quarterbacks he has a 83-104 record.  He made Brady, but Brady also made him.  Without Brady he has not been a good coach.

Edited by Doohickie

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped my oldest off at college last weekend for the first time... He got a late start because of covid isolation and he just wasnt ready... He worked the last year and a half... but he is on his way and we are both proud of him and sad he is gone... I dadded him and my wife mommed him last weekend moving him in taking turns crying on the way home... Sounds like he is really excited to be there which is great...

IMG_0785.jpeg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Dropped my oldest off at college last weekend for the first time... He got a late start because of covid isolation and he just wasnt ready... He worked the last year and a half... but he is on his way and we are both proud of him and sad he is gone... I dadded him and my wife mommed him last weekend moving him in taking turns crying on the way home... Sounds like he is really excited to be there which is great...

IMG_0785.jpeg

Awesome news.  Going away to college is great for helping them to figure things out. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Just went to grocery store in Mount Kisco, NY... Saw 10 town plows out not a single one plowing... not that it would stop this Buffalo boy but what a joke.

I remember those mandatory DPW lunch breaks.

• Haha (+1) 1

At the airport, got a lot of flying ahead of me. Scuba trip to the Philippines, Visayas and Tubbataha areas. Hoping to get up close and personal with some thresher and whale sharks in the great open blue. This is my first long trip in quite some time and oddly enough I'm a bit nervous for it. Medically I'm nowhere near 100%, but F it, live once and live hard. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

At the airport, got a lot of flying ahead of me. Scuba trip to the Philippines, Visayas and Tubbataha areas. Hoping to get up close and personal with some thresher and whale sharks in the great open blue. This is my first long trip in quite some time and oddly enough I'm a bit nervous for it. Medically I'm nowhere near 100%, but F it, live once and live hard. 

I went free diving 2 summers ago with bull sharks, reef sharks and lemon sharks. We were hoping to see a hammerhead or a tiger, but it wasn't in the cards for that day. I'm doing it again this summer with my son. 

No cage is so awesome! 

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

I went free diving 2 summers ago with bull sharks, reef sharks and lemon sharks. We were hoping to see a hammerhead or a tiger, but it wasn't in the cards for that day. I'm doing it again this summer with my son. 

No cage is so awesome! 

Yous coming up to NS, eh ?

Wes gots all the sharks up here in the summers, eh !

5 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Yous coming up to NS, eh ?

Wes gots all the sharks up here in the summers, eh !

I'll stay in the waters off of Florida, thanks. I'm pretty sure the north Atlantic up by you is part of the Arctic. 

Another bonus to Florida, the water is too warm for Great Whites. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, shrader said:

Yesterday was just another normal day. I played a really crappy round of golf (so yes, normal day). Today I find out that I’m off to Arizona tomorrow for a second adoption. Just a tad bit hectic in this house right now. 

Congratulations!