Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

More doggy glurge from @Doohickie.  This article in the dodo is about a dog that was rescued with her puppies. 

Dog Waits Hours In The Mud For Someone To Find The Tiny Surprise At Her Feet

scale;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60.jpg

I know the people who adopted Kaia.  I met Amy (shown with Kaia below) and her husband riding bikes around Fort Worth.  And she knows all about adoptions, since she herself was adopted.  She and her husband also share their wedding anniversary date with me and my wife (although separated by a couple decades).

scalewebpautojpeg_quality60.thumb.webp.5292a60d1ed743b672b019a0b887287a.webp

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Did you grow your own this year? We had a good crop. 

Unfortunately, no.  We had a nice garden when we lived in Bedford (about 15kms from downtown).  When we moved to Prospect (right on the Atlantic) the air and soil is too salty to grow any vegetables.

I frequent local farmers markets as much as possible.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Unfortunately, no.  We had a nice garden when we lived in Bedford (about 15kms from downtown).  When we moved to Prospect (right on the Atlantic) the air and soil is too salty to grow any vegetables.

I frequent local farmers markets as much as possible.

On one of our trips to the east coast we stopped unannounced to a farm in Windsor, NS. It was Howard Dill’s, who was famous for growing some of the largest pumpkins in the world. Our reason for stopping was because his property had Long Pond, the supposed birthplace of hockey, according to the Puck Stops Here.

A really nice man, gave us a tour of the pond, showed us some of his hockey card collection and gave us some pumpkin seeds.

Great day.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Just finished my 18k piece lego castle, replica of Neuschwanstein in Germany took me about a month and a lot of patience 😂😂

20231202_102805.jpg

20231202_102821.jpg

Really seems like you lead a fun life. If you’re looking to adopt let me know and I’ll send you a write up of myself with an 8x10. 

35 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Really seems like you lead a fun life. If you’re looking to adopt let me know and I’ll send you a write up of myself with an 8x10. 

😂😂😂 If you're from Uganda, then go for it, you can join my semi adopted kid crew. 

Doing Legos in my bathrobe with a juice...I'm sure there are more fun things to do 😂 but it is stress relieving 

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Just finished my 18k piece lego castle, replica of Neuschwanstein in Germany took me about a month and a lot of patience 😂😂

20231202_102805.jpg

20231202_102821.jpg

4 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

😂😂😂 If you're from Uganda, then go for it, you can join my semi adopted kid crew. 

Doing Legos in my bathrobe with a juice...I'm sure there are more fun things to do 😂 but it is stress relieving 

Is the mirror to look at yourself in the bathrobe while you do it?

Still pretty cool.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Haha, God no, the mirror is my enemy 😂😂 Although, I have been going to Timmy Hos in the AM in my robe with mobile pickup and the looks I get are pretty great. 

I honestly said just a few days ago that I wanted (nay, needed) a robe and that my wife could get me that for Christmas.

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

A nice vine ripened tomato is great, and rare unless you grow your own.  

The best looking tomatoes in the supermarket are often the ones with the blandest taste.  One thing I like about Sonic Driveins is that their tomatoes taste great.

17 hours ago, shrader said:

What is the right occasion?

Serious question by the way. I’m not trying to be a Richard. 

For me, anything formal. Ceilidhs (traditional Scottish dances). But also Scotland football/rugby. In school if we are celebrating Robert Burns, St Andrew etc. They are not so commonplace anymore around cities. But find the right old man’s whisky pub with someone playing folk music and you’re almost guaranteed a kilt or two. It’s sad though. A lot of the younger generation are not really interested in celebrating Scottish culture. 
GIF by T2 Trainspotting

16 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Is that your Clan Tartan?

It’s not. This is a non traditional/non clan tartan. (Found out after I bought it that it’s for the tv show outlander: if that helps). 

my tartan is McDonald as my mother is in the McDonalds of Glencoe clan. Dads side is Irish. 

Edited by steveoath
  • Awesome! (+1) 2