Jump to content

Things that are AWESOME...


SDS
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 8/20/2022 at 8:19 AM, Eleven said:

It borders on the Adriatic.  Its land is mostly mountainous, and its chief export is chrome.

I'd have figured it's chief export was either leather jackets or Acqua di Gio.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have had 2 hen turkeys with 7 poults between them (there were 8 a month ago, no idea what got the other one) passing through our yard pretty much daily.  This AM getting ready for a presentation heard a clucking outside the window and saw one of the adult hens around 6:30.  She was by herself & this seemed rather strange behavior.  Then noticed a red fox in the middle of the yard investigating.  He didn't follow her but went off into the brush, so expected 1 or 2 of them to be missing this afternoon.  But they just came back into the yard and all 9 birds are feasting as usual.

Awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Moved my oldest into college yesterday. He's off to St. Bonaventure. Obviously I have very limited knowledge on what other colleges and universities do for their incoming first year students, but I can't imagine it being much better than what they do down there.

The entire process with them was top notch. The attention to little details gives me confidence they are able to knock the bigger things (education) out of the park.

Big changes in the house, for him, and everything. But it's awesome seeing your kid take their next step in life and feeling positive about the path they are on.

 

Edited by LTS
Added link to a tweet
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2022 at 1:28 PM, LTS said:

Moved my oldest into college yesterday. He's off to St. Bonaventure. Obviously I have very limited knowledge on what other colleges and universities do for their incoming first year students, but I can't imagine it being much better than what they do down there.

The entire process with them was top notch. The attention to little details gives me confidence they are able to knock the bigger things (education) out of the park.

Big changes in the house, for him, and everything. But it's awesome seeing your kid take their next step in life and feeling positive about the path they are on.

 

Ah yes the freshman at Bonas.... They frequent this hospital on late weekend evenings 😉

Send him my way for repairs 🏥🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2022 at 5:53 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

This isn't awesome overall, idk where to post this, but this day has been insane, and not in the best way. 

I was at a beach in Eastern El Salvador with a friend and her family. We rented an 8 Bedroom house on the beach and we were enjoying the day a lot. We went for a swim in the Pacific.... This is where it gets awful. 

I ventured out into the waves (I was previous Navy) so I'm comfortable with this, my friend, Maria decided to follow me. I told her to stay back but she went ahead of me.... The waves grabbed her an pulled her out to sea. I swam as hard as I could as she yelled help and was drifting away, but I could not break the current at all. 

I swam back to the shore, her family was in a panic (rightfully so) I ran to the closest casa with a boat and we took off on a rescue mission....We found her wayyyy out past the breakers, alive thankfully but in rough shape. Oxygen on shore was only 70% and she was full of sea water and in shock. I got her stabilized with the help of some locals. 

We called the beach vacation over and are driving to a hospital in San Salvador now. I feel so bad that I couldn't reach her and I feel so awful. Thankfully, she will make a full recovery it seems. The ocean is a Mother F***ER and when the tides change, we are helpless. 

So glad you got her out.  I hope she is well soon.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Ah yes the freshman at Bonas.... They frequent this hospital on late weekend evenings 😉

Send him my way for repairs 🏥🤣

If I find out he heads your way I will message you... to make his life miserable.  Well, assuming it was a idiot thing that got him there. 🙂  I was hanging out in Olean Friday for awhile, guess I will be down there more often now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LTS said:

If I find out he heads your way I will message you... to make his life miserable.  Well, assuming it was a idiot thing that got him there. 🙂  I was hanging out in Olean Friday for awhile, guess I will be down there more often now.

Well just shoot me a text, I'll meet ya out, I'm always around these parts 🙂

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having a 4 day weekend after a 1 day work week is pretty sweet. Also, I have 5 PTO days to fit in before October 1st. So it looks like I'll be having a 3 day weekend every week in September.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be alive. Nearly died twice while traveling overseas recently. What was scary was not dying but knowing if I did go that I wouldn't have a chance to say goodbyes to family and friends. If I learned anything and have made it mission is to tell loved ones what they mean to you and those who've made an imprint on your life exactly that. Don't assume they know, make sure they know by telling them. The worst regret you'll have is not passing that on for yourself and others, you never know when your time will end and your loved ones need to hear it even more than you do. 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shrader said:

How many hospitals even have windows that you can open?  Russia must have put them in for this very reason.

In Athens I walked by a hospital downtown, not only were the windows open and you could see the patients and the staff interacting in exam rooms, but across the street was an indoor/outdoor bar where patients and families would walk over for a coffee/smoke/shot and hang out and then walk back. I saw multiple patients walking over with IV poles on wheels and tubing attached while enjoying the bar. Pretty sweet 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

In Athens I walked by a hospital downtown, not only were the windows open and you could see the patients and the staff interacting in exam rooms, but across the street was an indoor/outdoor bar where patients and families would walk over for a coffee/smoke/shot and hang out and then walk back. I saw multiple patients walking over with IV poles on wheels and tubing attached while enjoying the bar. Pretty sweet 

Duke has so many people who roll out their oxygen tanks to the bus stop for a cigarette.  I'm glad I'm nowhere near that place anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2022 at 7:10 AM, Weave said:

Putin uses ground to exact revenge.

Reminds me of the Pulp Fiction scene with Vincent and Mia talking about Tony Rocky Horror.

Mia : He fell out of a window.

Vincent : Hmm, hmm. Well, that is one way to say it. Another way to say it would be that he was thrown out. Another way would be that he was thrown out by Putin. And yet even another way to say it was that he was thrown out of the window by Putin because of his comments about the 🇺🇦.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is awesome?   YouTube Guitar Lessons!  That is something I could have used back in the 70's. 

 

Then again, if they existed, I probably would not have done anything else with myself back then.  

Edited by Pimlach
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

What is awesome?   YouTube Guitar Lessons!  That is something I could have used back in the 70's. 

 

Then again, if they existed, I probably would not have done anything else with myself aback then.  

Check out Rick Beato’s channel.

  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...