Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

In the last week I had my retirement ceremony. Got my DD214 with Honorable discharge after 20 years. Awarded the Meritorious Service Medal. Wife and I both got hired at good paying jobs. Back in school and we got a nice house too. 

Edited by SABRES 0311
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

got to do it so much fun... ps the jerks dont show because... they are jerks

At the ones I've gone back for, it isn't so much that the people that were jerks don't show, some of them do, but they've aged out of it.  It's more the people that are happy with where they're at are the ones who show up.  And that makes the whole thing more enjoyable.  MHO.  YMMV.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

got to do it so much fun... ps the jerks dont show because... they are jerks

Maybe I'm one of the jerks.  😇

Actually the reason is that I've lived more than 1000 miles from Buffalo for most of my adult life.  I have reconnected with people from my class on FB.  It's funny the people I hang with now are decidedly not the same ones I did in high school.

I might get around to it some time, but maybe the 50th is the one to go for.... We'll be retired by then.

• Like (+1) 1

I had my 20th a few years ago, I didn't go. If I make it to the next one, I am 100% sure people will be shocked with the path life has taken me down. None of this was expected for me, and most days I still don't believe how far I've come 😂

• Like (+1) 2

I am just going to put this here, because this is where it belongs ...

kayaking.thumb.jpg.dfaf8e27c2db31df4ae93ef0356080c3.jpg

I am in the red kayak.

That was yesterday.  Six out of seven early mornings are foggy.  Yesterday was morning number 7. The sea was very calm too.  Even when we went into open water the get oer to the next bay.

• Like (+1) 2