Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm getting a feeling of deja post. I think we had this same discussion once. No in my area the signs of one particular candidate haven't come down in six years! With some other lovely expressions of "support."

We have the same lawn decorations around here.  Apparently they can’t afford to replace 6yr old decorations that have been out in year round weather for 6 yrs.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm getting a feeling of deja post. I think we had this same discussion once. No in my area the signs of one particular candidate haven't come down in six years! With some other lovely expressions of "support."

I hate election signs so much, so it's very possible.  I had no intention of voting for candidate X after the first 7 signs that were put out in line about a foot apart, but the 8th one changed my mind.

7 minutes ago, shrader said:

I hate election signs so much, so it's very possible.  I had no intention of voting for candidate X after the first 7 signs that were put out in line about a foot apart, but the 8th one changed my mind.

Our neighbor ALWAYS has vote for x signs in their yard every election season.  Voting for their chosen candidate's opponent has been 100% the right choice for roughly 1/4 of a century.  Unfortunately, they only had 1 sign up this year, so had to make a judgment call in a lot of races.  ;)

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Our neighbor ALWAYS has vote for x signs in their yard every election season.  Voting for their chosen candidate's opponent has been 100% the right choice for roughly 1/4 of a century.  Unfortunately, they only had 1 sign up this year, so had to make a judgment call in a lot of races.  😉

I think my neighborhood as a whole agrees with my on how much of an eyesore they are.  Only 2 houses had signs this year.  Even the guy who is deep in bed with one of the parties didn't have any.  The other wonderful thing is that my mailbox is back to nothing but credit card offers and extended car warranties.  I need to ask Newman how much lighter that mail sack is.  Ahhh, back to a much more simple time. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Doohickie said:

20-month-old sheepdog named Casper fights off and kills 8 coyotes that attacked his flock

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/casper-sheepdog-kills-8-coyotes-that-attacked-his-flock-farmer-georgia/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=19241788

Fighting 11 coyotes and killing 8 is amazing. That dog suffered some damage but will live.

We have an Old English Sheepdog mix, she is a good size but not in that dog’s fighting class.

42 minutes ago, shrader said:

I just bumped into a guy covered in Sabres gear at walmart, not a common sight out here.  There's no better timing for that after the last game.

Probably a BJ fan that lost a bet.  😉

PS - yes, realize you aren't in OH.

My gal broke her coccyx the other day while snowboarding with me. I biffed it hard and slammed my forearm/elbow (no break, luckily) 

Sounds not awesome, but we got to ski this early in the season. We're both limping it off and in good spirits. So it was kinda awesome. 

Side note, went to BJs after to pick up some meds in bulk, and I parked In a handicap spot (there were plenty available) someone saw we were younger and went to almost say something; they then saw us basically crawl to the entrance like the walking dead in rough shape, there was a laugh and then we all carryed on 😂

18 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My gal broke her coccyx the other day while snowboarding with me. I biffed it hard and slammed my forearm/elbow (no break, luckily) 

Sounds not awesome, but we got to ski this early in the season. We're both limping it off and in good spirits. So it was kinda awesome. 

Side note, went to BJs after to pick up some meds in bulk, and I parked In a handicap spot (there were plenty available) someone saw we were younger and went to almost say something; they then saw us basically crawl to the entrance like the walking dead in rough shape, there was a laugh and then we all carryed on 😂

Did you have a tag to park there? You’re risking a nice little fine if you don’t and they catch you. 

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

Did you have a tag to park there? You’re risking a nice little fine if you don’t and they catch you. 

I don't, but it's a small town and I know all the police 😂😂 they see the medical plates and know its my truck and that I'm probably hobbled from my life choices. 

• spndnchz locked this topic
  • spndnchz unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I just learned how to Ski less than a year ago, last night I hit 38 Mph going down a nice blue run. Having an ice skating background def helped a ton with picking it up. 

I don't know how fast beginners typically go, but I think my life flashed before my eyes a couple times 😂😂 I just dug the edges in and kept flying. I'm sad I didn't pick this sport up earlier in life. 

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I just learned how to Ski less than a year ago, last night I hit 38 Mph going down a nice blue run. Having an ice skating background def helped a ton with picking it up. 

I don't know how fast beginners typically go, but I think my life flashed before my eyes a couple times 😂😂 I just dug the edges in and kept flying. I'm sad I didn't pick this sport up earlier in life. 

I’ve only been out there 2-3 times. I first went at 29 or 30 years old after being a lifelong hockey player. I knew it was going to happen pretty quickly, but it took about 5 minutes before I tried to cross over after a stop. 

• Like (+1) 1