Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I got accused of being a part of a "clique" today at work.  Like this is middle/high school again!  :w00t:

For those that don't know me personally, I pretty much befriend everyone I come across, and only really exclude someone when they are a complete and utter asshat.  For me to be accused of being in a "clique" with a few other coworkers (some of them women mind you), makes me laugh pretty hard.  I told my wife and she laughed even harder.  sometimes people are just so funny...

Moved up a level in hockey yesterday... I fit right in. It's so nice playing with all my old friends again. It's just intermediate zamboni league at Thomas Creek in Fairport but I feel like I'll improve more here. I can keep up in all the drills and throughout the game. For the first time in awhile I was having so much fun on the ice. Far cry from my brief stint in beer league. So excited :) 

Moved up a level in hockey yesterday... I fit right in. It's so nice playing with all my old friends again. It's just intermediate zamboni league at Thomas Creek in Fairport but I feel like I'll improve more here. I can keep up in all the drills and throughout the game. For the first time in awhile I was having so much fun on the ice. Far cry from my brief stint in beer league. So excited :)

Nice!

I got accused of being a part of a "clique" today at work.  Like this is middle/high school again!  :w00t:

For those that don't know me personally, I pretty much befriend everyone I come across, and only really exclude someone when they are a complete and utter asshat.  For me to be accused of being in a "clique" with a few other coworkers (some of them women mind you), makes me laugh pretty hard.  I told my wife and she laughed even harder.  sometimes people are just so funny...

You've always been part of a clique here, too.  Some people have no self awareness.

For those that don't know me personally, I pretty much befriend everyone I come across, and only really exclude someone when they are a complete and utter asshat.  For me to be accused of being in a "clique" with a few other coworkers (some of them women mind you), makes me laugh pretty hard.

Almost by definition, that makes your accuser a complete and utter asshat.

You played well. Better than I expected to be honest. I definitely think you weren't getting anything from that beginner league anymore, so this is definitely a good step. Hopefully we can both stay healthy this winter. You'll be better than me before you know it.  :P

Edited by d4rksabre

Almost by definition, that makes your accuser a complete and utter asshat.

almost, yeah.  I just find it funny that someone called me a gossiper and part of a clique.  I talk to, and am friendly with all but like 2 or 3 people here at work out of something like 80 people.  I hang out with a number of my coworkers outside of work as well!  I don't know where the accusation or even the legitimacy of the accusation is coming from.  Oh well.  Gave me a good laugh.  

almost, yeah.  I just find it funny that someone called me a gossiper and part of a clique.  I talk to, and am friendly with all but like 2 or 3 people here at work out of something like 80 people.  I hang out with a number of my coworkers outside of work as well!  I don't know where the accusation or even the legitimacy of the accusation is coming from.  Oh well.  Gave me a good laugh.  

I've been noticing that you hang out in some threads more than others. Frankly, it's a little suspicious. Have you been talking about me? 

I want all of the new Star Wars toys because I'm a child in an adult's body.

Kids these days have no idea how good they have it. This stuff is amazing.

Sounds like some one is starting their Christmas list.

I kid you but I am looking forward to 7.... It awaken the kid in me.

I tailgated on Saturday... I came home with more beer than I started with.  Granted it's mediocre beer but still I think my cooler is magic. started with 12 beers, came home with 26 beers. 

I made out much the same.  I went to the Buffalo bar down here in Ft Worth.  I struck up a conversation with the guy next to me.... he's from Jamestown and it was his first time in Buffalo Bros.  He loved it and said it was so nice to be among WNYers again.  As I went to pay my tab, he took it and said he'd pay it.  We argued but he was insistent.  Western New Yorkers are a great breed.

Went with Josie to check out a 2015 VW Golf TDI (diesel) on Friday and liked it a lot.

Let us know how the Deisel works out. I've taken a look at one. 

Alright, so here's my preliminary review after a few days behind the wheel. 2015 Golf S TDI. 

The diesel motor makes me laugh every time I start it. It sounds like a little tiny truck. 

D4rk: We've never met IRL, but you're the first (and only person) I thought of when I read this.  :(

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/21/autos/vw-diesel-owners-questions/index.html

D4rk: We've never met IRL, but you're the first (and only person) I thought of when I read this. :(

Believe me, I'm watching this situation very closely. I'm already trying to figure out how to take individual legal action in the event I don't think a class action suit will see me fairly compensated for any damages.

D4rk: We've never met IRL, but you're the first (and only person) I thought of when I read this.  :(

Believe me, I'm watching this situation very closely. I'm already trying to figure out how to take individual legal action in the event I don't think a class action suit will see me fairly compensated for any damages.

Maybe I've missed it, but has anyone seen any estimate as to how much gas mileage might go down as a result of bringing the cars into compliance? I've seen nothing beyond "likely decrease" and similar phrases.

Maybe I've missed it, but has anyone seen any estimate as to how much gas mileage might go down as a result of bringing the cars into compliance? I've seen nothing beyond "likely decrease" and similar phrases.

Nothing yet. I imagine someone out there is doing this work as we speak. I'm assuming it'll bring the economy numbers down to what the EPA rating shows. 31 City 43 Highway. An average of 36 mpg would be almost 10mpg lower than what I'm currently getting.  

Edited by d4rksabre

Nothing yet. I imagine someone out there is doing this work as we speak. I'm assuming it'll bring the economy numbers down to what the EPA rating shows. 31 City 43 Highway. An average of 36 mpg would be almost 10mpg lower than what I'm currently getting.  

Some of the multi-billion dollar set-aside will be ear-marked for checks to consumers who're now going to pay for another $____ in gas over the life of the vehicle's ownership, yeah?

So you'll have the performance the typical car but be paying the higher price for diesel.  VW is going to have a ton of fun dealing with this one.

My actual reaction: welp.

So you'll have the performance the typical car but be paying the higher price for diesel.  VW is going to have a ton of fun dealing with this one.

Heh, didn't even think about the effects on actual performance. Double welp!

Some of the multi-billion dollar set-aside will be ear-marked for checks to consumers who're now going to pay for another $____ in gas over the life of the vehicle's ownership, yeah?

I don't know. The problem is the economy we're all getting is beyond what they're rated at. Word of mouth sold a lot of these cars but VW technically isn't responsible for us having our cars dropped down to the actual EPA numbers. 

Yeah. And I guarantee the consumer is going to be the one left holding the bag. 

I don't know. The problem is the economy we're all getting is beyond what they're rated at. Word of mouth sold a lot of these cars but VW technically isn't responsible for us having our cars dropped down to the actual EPA numbers. 

1) Did the salesman and/or dealer use the real-world MPG as a selling point, or rely on the EPA numbers?

2) If VW has to dump engine power to meet the emissions, they are most certainly responsible for that aspect of this debacle.

1) Did the salesman and/or dealer use the real-world MPG as a selling point, or rely on the EPA numbers?

2) If VW has to dump engine power to meet the emissions, they are most certainly responsible for that aspect of this debacle.

That second point is the one I'm interested in. I'm debating taking my car to a dyno here and having my HP and Torque numbers put to paper so that if they do a software update to my car and I lose power I have something I can compare to.