Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Old wives tales are great. Don't go out in the cold and rain, you'll catch a cold! BS! I walked and jogged a little in a chilly rain and felt this weird sensation in my throat when I got back in the car. Nonsense! You can't catch a cold from being in the cold. Today, a cold is definitely a brewin'. I'm not sure science has any explanation for this, nor for why chicken soup will help.

Old wives tales are great. Don't go out in the cold and rain, you'll catch a cold! BS! I walked and jogged a little in a chilly rain and felt this weird sensation in my throat when I got back in the car. Nonsense! You can't catch a cold from being in the cold. Today, a cold is definitely a brewin'. I'm not sure science has any explanation for this, nor for why chicken soup will help.

Cold lowers the body's resistance to getting sick, I think, but doesn't matter unless you're exposed to something while you're cold. Rain makes you colder at a given air temperature than not since water drains heat away better than air.

Thanks, all!  Added bonus for the day:  the Chinese grad student just brought in little moon cakes for everyone.  The pre-packaged kind are like the Chinese equivalent of a Twinkie, but hey, still free food!

Great news Ms Dork. Glad to see stuff is starting to break your way. :beer: