Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Got married Saturday.  Cried like a baby when she walked down the aisle.  Amazing evening with amazing people, and now an amazing wife B-) .  

Congrats!

WTF are you doing here?

Edited by Eleven

Got married Saturday.  Cried like a baby when she walked down the aisle.  Amazing evening with amazing people, and now an amazing wife B-) .  

Congrats!

It ain't easy to keep it together when you're standing there in front of everyone, looking at her and saying the words.

Congrats!

WTF are you doing here?

Don't have enough vacation, so I returned to work today (physically...not mentally), and we're taking a honeymoon in the winter when my vacation has replenished.

Congrats!

It ain't easy to keep it together when you're standing there in front of everyone, looking at her and saying the words.

I memorized my vows, but I had to read them off the paper because every time I looked at her, I started getting choked up again.  Perfect weekend though! 

Mawwiage_zps39be891d.gif

Congrats to you and your lady! I saw some pictures- it looked like a wonderful time :) 

On the crying- I honestly have no idea how I'd make it down the aisle in one piece if I ever get hitched. I'd probably sob snot everywhere and trip over my dress and knock over my father and ruin everything. 

Mawwiage_zps39be891d.gif

Congrats to you and your lady! I saw some pictures- it looked like a wonderful time :)

On the crying- I honestly have no idea how I'd make it down the aisle in one piece if I ever get hitched. I'd probably sob snot everywhere and trip over my dress and knock over my father and ruin everything. 

Thank you :) I asked her if her dad could start the ceremony with "Mawwiage" but she wouldn't let it happen (her dad loves that movie too). 

It may ruin it for you, but I can assure you it would be pretty amazing for everyone else :p

Mawwiage_zps39be891d.gif

I apologize well in advance for laughing.

Was that a proposal?     :devil:

ehhh at this point we'll be talking about the future, about potential moves and houses and jobs, and be years ahead and go, oh yeah, we should probably get married somewhere in there, too. 

But y'know, mostly broke on money and time... and weddings, even cheap ones, aren't cheap. It'll happen when it happens. I'll rock a white dress at any age. 

I apologize well in advance for laughing.

Just help my dad up. He'll be like... 80 by then. 

Don't have enough vacation, so I returned to work today (physically...not mentally), and we're taking a honeymoon in the winter when my vacation has replenished.

I memorized my vows, but I had to read them off the paper because every time I looked at her, I started getting choked up again.  Perfect weekend though! 

Oh, I wish such a good life for you.  That is beautiful.

ehhh at this point we'll be talking about the future, about potential moves and houses and jobs, and be years ahead and go, oh yeah, we should probably get married somewhere in there, too. 

But y'know, mostly broke on money and time... and weddings, even cheap ones, aren't cheap. It'll happen when it happens. I'll rock a white dress at any age. 

Saw this on /r/hockey, if the girls hair was a little darker and the guy was wearing a Sabres jersey I would have wondered if you guys had something to tell us...:

Yn8ymEB.jpg

Saw this on /r/hockey, if the girls hair was a little darker and the guy was wearing a Sabres jersey I would have wondered if you guys had something to tell us...:

haha yeah I saw that.

We have a photo just like that. 

qBAYaIV.jpg

Awesome: the third gallon of paint and coat on the basement floor appears to be the right color.

Bought a gallon some time ago to paint. I use one of those red spout things on the can so the original lid is long gone (the red spout thing is legitimately awesome). I was sure that it was the dark brown in the brochure, MrsPie wasn't so sure but chose to believe me. It wasn't even close; that's gallon one. Since we couldn't find the original paint color (even looking in our purchase history), we chose to get it matched. The match was pretty good but not perfect; that's gallon two. While we were debating whether anyone would notice or if we should paint the entire basement again, we found the original paint chip.  :censored:  MrsPie ran out to get the right color today (gallon three) and I have a coat down, waiting to see if it needs another.

Anyone need 1/2 gallon of latex floor paint? I have 2 colors in stock.

Craigslist, man... people will take anything for free.  I had listed a full gallon of white paint and two quarts of off-white and a bluish-green color and some guy paid $5 for it even though when he came over he was like, "what color are these?"  lol.  And just yesterday I had someone who willingly took the enormous and incredibly dirty wall mounted microwave that's been sitting in my garage for almost 3 years!

haha yeah I saw that.

We have a photo just like that. 

qBAYaIV.jpg

That's fantastic.  :lol:

I went bouldering again tonight and actually finished all but one course I attempted! Prior to tonight I have only gotten close to finishing one. So four in one go felt great. I miss hockey (quit for the summer after the latest concussion I ranted about in another thread a month ago) but trapeze/hoops and rock climbing are strengthening muscles I didn't know I had!

So much for my ladylike hands..

Sold my old car to a neighbor who saw the for sale sign on it. She was nice, brought friends to help her look at it, and paid the asking price.

Thank you god. 

And thanks for nothing craigslist.   :wallbash:

Yay another little bit of dirt back in the debt hole!

Had the lunch meeting with the person who's position I'd be filling. Says job is much simpler than my current one. It essentially comes down to more money vs more flexibility. I can currently come and go as I please and I have 5+ weeks of vaca. Depending on their offer ($$ & vaca) I'll need to see if the dollar difference is worth it.