Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

That's a good place.

I'm pretty sure the summer drivers here are all from Boston, so be prepared for a slightly less relaxing weekend.

It's actually New Jersey that I worry about. I've noticed for a while now that the vast majority of the crazy moves I see on the Thruway each time I drive from Boston to Buffalo are made by cars with Jersey plates.

It's actually New Jersey that I worry about. I've noticed for a while now that the vast majority of the crazy moves I see on the Thruway each time I drive from Boston to Buffalo are made by cars with Jersey plates.

There's a distinction among bad drivers that I've come to realize over the years. There's a difference between being crazy and just plain old sucking. New Jersey drivers are simply a product of their environment. You HAVE to drive like a maniac to survive.

The worst and typically most incompetent drivers tend to be from Connecticut. I don't know what the deal is in that state but I have to rank them well ahead of Mass, Jersey, the other Commonwealth, and Ohio.

There's a distinction among bad drivers that I've come to realize over the years. There's a difference between being crazy and just plain old sucking. New Jersey drivers are simply a product of their environment. You HAVE to drive like a maniac to survive.

The worst and typically most incompetent drivers tend to be from Connecticut. I don't know what the deal is in that state but I have to rank them well ahead of Mass, Jersey, the other Commonwealth, and Ohio.

My experience with CT usually has them as the slower ones I see on my drive. My friend's wife has CT plates and drives like a maniac, but the rest I've encountered from CT have been those slow ones.

My experience with CT usually has them as the slower ones I see on my drive. My friend's wife has CT plates and drives like a maniac, but the rest I've encountered from CT have been those slow ones.

Those make me angrier than any other kind of driver. They love to camp the left lane on the thruway doing exactly the speed limit as traffic piles up behind them, oblivious to the world. I'd rather have some maniac from Jersey weaving in and out of traffic because at least he knows how to get out of his own way.

Those make me angrier than any other kind of driver. They love to camp the left lane on the thruway doing exactly the speed limit as traffic piles up behind them, oblivious to the world. I'd rather have some maniac from Jersey weaving in and out of traffic because at least he knows how to get out of his own way.

As soon as you cross the Mason Dixon, that becomes the norm. I have to switch into "It's OK to pass on the right" mode as soon as I hit Maryland.

Colorado. Holy ###### Colorado. Denver, specifically. As a friend who'd lived there for 10 years said, "Commuting is a race. Signs, limits, lanes, none of it matters. What matters is getting there first. Being allowed to merge? Forget it. Stick your nose in and hope for the best.". Every car except brand new ones is scratched up. I've never driven in such a hellish environment. Connecticut sucks, but metro Denver nearly made me give up my license. A close second is anywhere in Florida. The heat scrambles brains.

So I have a bit of a long winded post to make but I'll start with the basics. I will be giving notice at my current job this afternoon.

First off, I want to thank inkman for his help in getting me this job with his company last June. Ink's generosity helped get me out of a major financial (and I guess emotional) hole that I was in. I couldn't have asked for more from some guy who I hang out with on the f*cking internet. :P It's a reminder to me that this place really is a family. We're dysfunctional, but we're family. Again, I owe you a beer or two at the next Amerks game Ink.

The bigger news here is that after several years out of academia and 7 years removed from engineering study, I will be returning to UB at the end of August to try and get my life back on track and finish the engineering degree I started at RIT back in 2005. This has been a long road for me. I left Mechanical Engineering during my third year at RIT because I just didn't know what the hell I was doing. I stuck around and earned a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice and through 2011 I was working towards a Master's in that same field. But it wasn't meant to be. Truthfully I could not manufacture passion for it. So I thought long and hard about what I wanted to do and where I want to be in life, and decided I needed to go back and finish my engineering degree. This time around it will be Civil Engineering as opposed to Mechanical, but it is the path that feels right to me when I wake up every morning. I am terrified and excited.

Because of this I've had to seek out new work. Starting the last week of July I will be on the sales floor part time at the new Pure Hockey store here in Rochester. I went out of my way to try and get a part time job there because I know the sport and I believe that helping launch such a business will be fun for me. It will provide me a work opportunity here in Rochester while I spend three days each week attending classes in Buffalo. So come on down if you live in Rochester and need some hockey gear, I'll be happy to serve you. ;)

The next few years are going to be the hardest of my life. I'm returning to school as an adult and I will be splitting my time between two cities an hour apart. Buffalo and Rochester will both be my home again. I'll be struggling to put food in my mouth and gas in my car, but I'm excited and am confident that the support of Josie and my family in Buffalo will help me see this through.

I've said at other times in my life that so the Sabres go, I go as well. With some help I believe I've made it out of my personal Regier era and am now entering my full rebuild as well. Stanley Cup champions 2017, you heard it here first.

So I have a bit of a long winded post to make but I'll start with the basics. I will be giving notice at my current job this afternoon.

First off, I want to thank inkman for his help in getting me this job with his company last June. Ink's generosity helped get me out of a major financial (and I guess emotional) hole that I was in. I couldn't have asked for more from some guy who I hang out with on the f*cking internet. :P It's a reminder to me that this place really is a family. We're dysfunctional, but we're family. Again, I owe you a beer or two at the next Amerks game Ink.

The bigger news here is that after several years out of academia and 7 years removed from engineering study, I will be returning to UB at the end of August to try and get my life back on track and finish the engineering degree I started at RIT back in 2005. This has been a long road for me. I left Mechanical Engineering during my third year at RIT because I just didn't know what the hell I was doing. I stuck around and earned a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice and through 2011 I was working towards a Master's in that same field. But it wasn't meant to be. Truthfully I could not manufacture passion for it. So I thought long and hard about what I wanted to do and where I want to be in life, and decided I needed to go back and finish my engineering degree. This time around it will be Civil Engineering as opposed to Mechanical, but it is the path that feels right to me when I wake up every morning. I am terrified and excited.

Because of this I've had to seek out new work. Starting the last week of July I will be on the sales floor part time at the new Pure Hockey store here in Rochester. I went out of my way to try and get a part time job there because I know the sport and I believe that helping launch such a business will be fun for me. It will provide me a work opportunity here in Rochester while I spend three days each week attending classes in Buffalo. So come on down if you live in Rochester and need some hockey gear, I'll be happy to serve you. ;)

The next few years are going to be the hardest of my life. I'm returning to school as an adult and I will be splitting my time between two cities an hour apart. Buffalo and Rochester will both be my home again. I'll be struggling to put food in my mouth and gas in my car, but I'm excited and am confident that the support of Josie and my family in Buffalo will help me see this through.

I've said at other times in my life that so the Sabres go, I go as well. With some help I believe I've made it out of my personal Regier era and am now entering my full rebuild as well. Stanley Cup champions 2017, you heard it here first.

congrats man! See you around, and if you need anything, you've got my number. Hit me up!

That's so poignant. But remember that Darcy almost won two Cups. Think of the two cups you won when you met Josie. OK, that sounds wrong.

You'll do and be fine.

Interview on Friday AM in the industry I spent most of my career for a position I am familiar with.

Need the break to happen.

Good luck sir.

Good man. Sounds like the right long-term career decision.

Separately: I just yesterday for the first time read the lyrics to "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down." Amazing.

(lyrics at link.)

That's so poignant. But remember that Darcy almost won two Cups. Think of the two cups you won when you met Josie. OK, that sounds wrong.

You'll do and be fine.

:w00t:

The cups floweth over.

My job is to get d4rk to have fun this weekend at a big paintball game in PA. Camping, welts, being ridiculous- a new chapter begins.

And with the new job, he won't come home smelling like hot ass/pasta sauce!

Interview on Friday AM in the industry I spent most of my career for a position I am familiar with.

Need the break to happen.

Go get 'em!

UB!!! Good man.

It's really hard to go back to school after working full time as an adult. Good for you, and congrats on not getting stuck in your Regier era.