Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

So the move is happening. Now I just have to find the cheapest way for health coverage for a month. Those 4.5 weeks of built up vacation hours which I get to cash in will come in handy.

Not sure it's the cheapest option, but the most straightforward option is to COBRA your existing coverage. They have to let you continue coverage for the next month after you leave your job.

Not sure it's the cheapest option, but the most straightforward option is to COBRA your existing coverage. They have to let you continue coverage for the next month after you leave your job.

Duke doesn't start their benefits until the month after starting, so that is kind of annoying. I can pay their full premium for that first month though if I want, so it's really going to come down to which is cheaper, that or cobra.

Enjoying FA frenzy day with an Ithaca Flower power and a plate of wings at an Amherst tavern. Buffalo vacations are awesome.

So the move is happening. Now I just have to find the cheapest way for health coverage for a month. Those 4.5 weeks of built up vacation hours which I get to cash in will come in handy.

Congrats and welcome to NC. When you get settled I'll hand over your pillaging weaponry and buy you a beer.

This is pretty awesome. Sadly, I would not fit into this suit:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/24/10-year-old-star-wars-girls-bullied_n_5513190.html

A Mighty Girl

After Katie Goldman was bullied for her love of Star Wars -- which bullies claimed was "just for boys" -- the Star Wars fangroup The 501st Legion decided to build her a custom Stormtrooper costume. Katie showed that a love of Star Wars is not gender limited as she wore her costume proudly and regained her confidence. Now, two years later, the 11-year-old Mighty Girl is creating a new 'Sisterhood of the Traveling Stormtrooper Costume' by passing her costume on to another young girl bullied for her love of so-called 'boy' interests.

After a bit more than 3 weeks in the hospital and rehab, Grandma was discharged home today. We were all told on Tuesday that she was probably coming home today. I wasn't sure she was ever going to be able to come home, but she made enough progress in rehab that they decided to turn her loose. Obviously, my grandfather is happy as a clam.

We called to see if she wanted to settle in at home and wait until tomorrow to see us and she said, "no, it would be very nice if you came over today". So, we're spending the evening with the grandpaprents. Grandma is a very adventurous eater so I just got together the fixings to make Chicken Tikka Masala for dinner. We're heading out to see them in a few minutes.

Edited by weave

That's great news, weave -- enjoy your afternoon with them!

I suppose I should wait for the Thursday thread to mention that noone else in the family is taking a break ffom their holiday weekend to stop by and see Gramm. :doh:

I suppose I should wait for the Thursday thread to mention that noone else in the family is taking a break ffom their holiday weekend to stop by and see Gramm. :doh:

Based on your description of them, I'd say it's awesome that they won't be there to ruin her homecoming. ;)

After a bit more than 3 weeks in the hospital and rehab, Grandma was discharged home today. We were all told on Tuesday that she was probably coming home today. I wasn't sure she was ever going to be able to come home, but she made enough progress in rehab that they decided to turn her loose. Obviously, my grandfather is happy as a clam.

We called to see if she wanted to settle in at home and wait until tomorrow to see us and she said, "no, it would be very nice if you came over today". So, we're spending the evening with the grandpaprents. Grandma is a very adventurous eater so I just got together the fixings to make Chicken Tikka Masala for dinner. We're heading out to see them in a few minutes.

Great news! Spending time with the family whenever possible should always be a priority. It is good that you will be able to get some quality time with them over this holiday weekend. You get them all to yourself. :thumbsup:

Didn't everyone first drive their dad's car at age nine? I'll be Goddamned if my kid is going to miss out on one of life's rites of passage just because she's horribly broken.

http://youtu.be/3jcgZD8y9jI

On another note, Western New York. It's just awesome. Finishing up 2 weeks away from work, spent mostly at Canadice Lake, but tooling around the whole region as far as Niagara Falls. Once NY changes their MMJ laws (1 year seizure free anniversary coming up), I'm going to do everything in my power to move back. It's not just the food, the fishing, the swimming, the landscape, etc. It's the people.

Actually,… it's the fishing and swimming.

Didn't everyone first drive their dad's car at age nine? I'll be Goddamned if my kid is going to miss out on one of life's rites of passage just because she's horribly broken.

<snip video>

On another note, Western New York. It's just awesome. Finishing up 2 weeks away from work, spent mostly at Canadice Lake, but tooling around the whole region as far as Niagara Falls. Once NY changes their MMJ laws (1 year seizure free anniversary coming up), I'm going to do everything in my power to move back. It's not just the food, the fishing, the swimming, the landscape, etc. It's the people.

Actually,… it's the fishing and swimming.

Congrats on the upcoming milestone, Swamp! That's amazing.

While the fact that this kid's family could find themselves in this situation in a country as wealthy as ours is deplorable, his perserverance in spite of it is awesome:

http://diply.com/trendyjoe/he-graduated-top-his-class-what-nobody/41954