Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Weird Al's been putting out a new music video every day the past week for his new album. He's redone "Fancy," "Blurred Lines," "Happy," and "Royals" to name a few. This one's my favorite so far

That's awesome! I heard Tacky (ehh, okay) and hadn't caught up on the others, but that was great.

I've heard bits and pieces of his new stuff, but that one was incredible.

If you're moving to NC, then you're going to need to familiarize yourself with Chapel Hill rock legends Southern Culture on The Skids. Weird Al pays homage to their style on his new album with the song "Lame Claim To Fame"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yazr8JkazmE

From what I can tell Weird Al is mainly aping the SCOTS classic "Camel Walk"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUP5rwVNJko

My wife is due in early September which will bring us to 4 total kids in the house (her two plus my one, and the baby). Now her oldest son wants to move in with us after he finishes 8th grade next year (he currently lives in Hawaii with his dad, but has been here all summer). We've totally outgrown our 1335 sf, 3 bedroom house. We put it on the market on a whim 2 weeks ago (FSBO), had our first showing Friday to a young married couple from Buffalo, and just heard that they're making an offer today. We never expected things to move this quickly, plus they're offering more than we expected. There's still a ways to go in this whole process, but it's looking good for now!

OK I've been enjoying Weird Al's lame claim to fame video, and it naturally led me to think about a few of my lame claims to fame...

I hung out with Artie Lange and Stuttering John at their hotel after they did a show in Buffalo circa 2002.

Just a few weeks ago while at the amusement park on Toronto island, I was on a ride with my daughter right next to that carrot top looking dude from Barenaked Ladies.

Back in my fry cook days I prepared an order of wings for Joe Mesi.

In Sturgis, ND I got my picture taken with Michael Ballard and had shots with Fajita Mike from the Full Throttle Saloon TV show.

I've also had numerous encounters with Buffalo sports celebrities, but I wanted to keep my list truly lame. Whatcha got SS?

My wife is due in early September which will bring us to 4 total kids in the house (her two plus my one, and the baby). Now her oldest son wants to move in with us after he finishes 8th grade next year (he currently lives in Hawaii with his dad, but has been here all summer). We've totally outgrown our 1335 sf, 3 bedroom house. We put it on the market on a whim 2 weeks ago (FSBO), had our first showing Friday to a young married couple from Buffalo, and just heard that they're making an offer today. We never expected things to move this quickly, plus they're offering more than we expected. There's still a ways to go in this whole process, but it's looking good for now!

That's awesome, CSB! Glad to hear some good fortune is finally headed your direction.

I've made dinner for Don Henley and Jimmy Vaughn, and others whom I can't recall right now. I've met all the local contemporary legends and was even in Jimmy Griffin's home at least once.

I've had other brushes with fame of whom I won't say lest I reveal too much.

I've made dinner for Don Henley....

I've heard stories that DH can be a real prick?

My dad took a leak with Don Paul at Rich.

In the mid-80's, at a busy ORD, my dad occupied the middle urinal between Hulk Hogan and Capt. Lou.

I had one celebrity urinal encounter. Steve Tasker at Jim Kelly's nightclub the night the Bills lost to Pittbsburgh in the playoffs. 1995 maybe?

Another LCTF. After I moved up from fry cook to bartender, Don Postles sat at the bar on a few occasions.

OK I've been enjoying Weird Al's lame claim to fame video, and it naturally led me to think about a few of my lame claims to fame...

I hung out with Artie Lange and Stuttering John at their hotel after they did a show in Buffalo circa 2002.

Just a few weeks ago while at the amusement park on Toronto island, I was on a ride with my daughter right next to that carrot top looking dude from Barenaked Ladies.

Back in my fry cook days I prepared an order of wings for Joe Mesi.

In Sturgis, ND I got my picture taken with Michael Ballard and had shots with Fajita Mike from the Full Throttle Saloon TV show.

I've also had numerous encounters with Buffalo sports celebrities, but I wanted to keep my list truly lame. Whatcha got SS?

I don't have much. Did shots with Maryalice Demler (SP?) in full TV make up one Friday in the late 90s.

Bolded: actual Carrot Top was at the jewelry store my wife worked at in Vegas. She reports that it's not as funny looking and is really pumped in person.

Impressive, but I'm talking Don Paul here, dean of Buffalo meteorologists.

On the same trip, he was stuck at ORD with a cancelled flight and ended up sharing a bowl of peanuts with Alan Thicke in the Admirals Club. They got to talking and Thicke said he was on his way to LAX to do some work on a new TV show, showed my dad the script, and it was Growing Pains.

Edited by ChileanSeaBass

On the same trip, he was stuck at ORD with a cancelled flight and ended up sharing a bowl of peanuts with Alan Thicke in the Admirals Club. They got to talking and Thicke said he was on his way to LAX to do some work on a new TV show, showed my dad the script, and it was Growing Pains.

Oh yeah? When my dad came out of the john at Rich, he swore he saw Esther Gulyas going into the ladies facilities.

My wife got a job offer today that would pay her a 30% raise. First it was me and now she's gotten a great offer without actually setting foot in NC. It's crazy how this has gone. And freeman, this is why we were looking in Apex/Cary, the job is in Cary.