Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Didn't everyone first drive their dad's car at age nine? I'll be Goddamned if my kid is going to miss out on one of life's rites of passage just because she's horribly broken.

On another note, Western New York. It's just awesome. Finishing up 2 weeks away from work, spent mostly at Canadice Lake, but tooling around the whole region as far as Niagara Falls. Once NY changes their MMJ laws (1 year seizure free anniversary coming up), I'm going to do everything in my power to move back. It's not just the food, the fishing, the swimming, the landscape, etc. It's the people.

Actually,… it's the fishing and swimming.

That video: Amazing.

Also, moving back. It nearly broke me. It was the best decision I've ever made.

Didn't everyone first drive their dad's car at age nine? I'll be Goddamned if my kid is going to miss out on one of life's rites of passage just because she's horribly broken.

Dude, seatbelt! ;)

Sorry, that's all I could think each time I heard the "you're not wearing your seatbelt" chime.

Dude, seatbelt! ;)

Sorry, that's all I could think each time I heard the "you're not wearing your seatbelt" chime.

I'm glad there was nobody to video the of the three of us on a 4 wheeler with no helmets then.

I'm glad there was nobody to video the of the three of us on a 4 wheeler with no helmets then.

Does that one have the annoying beep too? I would have buckled the belt just to make the car shut up. I hate that stupid chime and the blinking red light I get on my dashboard for the passenger seat. Sometimes when I have my gym bag on the passenger seat and it is just heavy enough to trigger that light. It drives me crazy.

But anyway, thanks for the video. It's good to start out my day with a smile.

Does that one have the annoying beep too? I would have buckled the belt just to make the car shut up. I hate that stupid chime and the blinking red light I get on my dashboard for the passenger seat. Sometimes when I have my gym bag on the passenger seat and it is just heavy enough to trigger that light. It drives me crazy.

But anyway, thanks for the video. It's good to start out my day with a smile.

If it does, I'm sure the guy who owned it disabled it. I've only been on an ATV twice in my life now. Hearing my wife laugh her fool head off behind me and my kid screaming her fool head off in front of me just tells me that I have to get one.

I almost forgot. If there is one single thing that would be enough to get me to move back to WNY, it would be the sub I had from Wegman's this week. [/drool]

I almost forgot. If there is one single thing that would be enough to get me to move back to WNY, it would be the sub I had from Wegman's this week. [/drool]

Uh, no. You haven't had a sub here in WNY for quite some time, I take it. Wegman's subs are to, oh, Mike's Big Mouth subs, as Miller High Life is to Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold.

Uh, no. You haven't had a sub here in WNY for quite some time, I take it. Wegman's subs are to, oh, Mike's Big Mouth subs, as Miller High Life is to Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold.

Even more reason to move back then.

Even more reason to move back then.

Well, sure, unless you believe the customer should not be beholden to the inclinations of the restaurant. If you do, then you expect all subs to taste like Wegman's subs, which would really, really suck.

Well, sure, unless you believe the customer should not be beholden to the inclinations of the restaurant. If you do, then you expect all subs to taste like Wegman's subs, which would really, really suck.

I mean that if the sub I had is considered crappy, then I want to see what is better. I should add that it was from the Wegman's in Geneseo and SwampD's theory of fast food* would hold true and explain the quality.

*If you have to get fast food, get it in a college town because the FF places are staffed by students (not just students, but motivated enough to get a job students) and therefore, the quality is always better than the same food in an everytown FF place where it's staffed by a bunch of people that don't really want to be there.

I mean that if the sub I had is considered crappy, then I want to see what is better. I should add that it was from the Wegman's in Geneseo and SwampD's theory of fast food* would hold true and explain the quality.

If you're in north Jersey, aren't there just a staggering number of sub shops available for you to explore?

None of them hold a candle to WNY.

Woah. That's a bit surprising.

Anyway, yes, an abundance of submarine sandwich pleasures await you here in the greater WNY area. If Wegman's was a treat, you owe yourself a weekend trip.

On another note, Western New York. It's just awesome. Finishing up 2 weeks away from work, spent mostly at Canadice Lake, but tooling around the whole region as far as Niagara Falls. Once NY changes their MMJ laws (1 year seizure free anniversary coming up), I'm going to do everything in my power to move back. It's not just the food, the fishing, the swimming, the landscape, etc. It's the people.

Actually,… it's the fishing and swimming.

Dispensaries should be up and running within 18 months:

http://www.13wham.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/medical-marijuana-law-signed-next-step-dispensaries-13653.shtml

Is your wife from the area too?

Dispensaries should be up and running within 18 months:

http://www.13wham.co...ies-13653.shtml

That probably means 3 years before they work all the kinks out and not thrilled about it sunsetting in 7 years, but still pretty cool.

Is your wife from the area too?

Clarence, but luckily she has no family left there. We're not really tied to anything anywhere.

You just reminded me, though. When we were driving back to NJ I saw a silver pickup truck with a Sabres sticker and North Carolina plates heading east on I86. I immediately wondered if it was anyone on this board. Anyone?

How's your move going? More importantly, how's the MIL taking it?

That probably means 3 years before they work all the kinks out and not thrilled about it sunsetting in 7 years, but still pretty cool.

I would be shocked if MMJ wasn't legal and nationally deregulated by 2021.

Also, that sunset is an impossible one to let slide. No one is going to take medicine away from kids. Political suicide.

Clarence, but luckily she has no family left there. We're not really tied to anything anywhere.

You just reminded me, though. When we were driving back to NJ I saw a silver pickup truck with a Sabres sticker and North Carolina plates heading east on I86. I immediately wondered if it was anyone on this board. Anyone?

How's your move going? More importantly, how's the MIL taking it?

That's good for you then. These moves where someone is so firmly entrenched in the area you're leaving are pretty tough. Fortunately the MIL has eased up. I think she put on a hard press to keep us here, but once the decision was actually made, she knew it was time to back off. The fun part is that now she is already trying to book us on flights back to Boston for every single holiday. I knew my travel budget was going to increase a bit with this change, but I think every penny from the raise is now supposed to go to travel. It'll settle down with time, but man is my wallet hurting right now.

Edited by shrader

None of them hold a candle to WNY.

Woah. That's a bit surprising.

Anyway, yes, an abundance of submarine sandwich pleasures await you here in the greater WNY area. If Wegman's was a treat, you owe yourself a weekend trip.

Are there Primo's Subs up in that way? They make a really fine sub; crusty bread, good cold cuts. I generally rate Primo's at the top of my list, so Primo's > Wegmans > usual Buffalo places[0] > Wawa > Sheetz >>>>> Subway. Also, despite having a sub two days ago I now want more subs.

[0] I apparently haven't tried any of these new sub places in Buffalo, I'm referring to your average pizza-shop sub (Picasso, Pasquales in EA, etc.)

Are there Primo's Subs up in that way? They make a really fine sub; crusty bread, good cold cuts. I generally rate Primo's at the top of my list, so Primo's > Wegmans > usual Buffalo places[0] > Wawa > Sheetz >>>>> Subway. Also, despite having a sub two days ago I now want more subs.

[0] I apparently haven't tried any of these new sub places in Buffalo, I'm referring to your average pizza-shop sub (Picasso, Pasquales in EA, etc.)

Picasso's :thumbsup:

I drive a silver Tacoma with NC plates and a Sabres decal, but I haven't been anywhere near I86.

http://youtu.be/3jcgZD8y9jI

She's a cutie. And already better than most adults on the road! She doesn't have tunnel vision, that's for sure. Part of me feels like a voyeur — a bigger part is glad you feel comfortable sharing this kind of stuff with us.