Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

It was a black/watermelon joke.....tinged in the fact the Eleven admits he works for a major law firm in Buffalo that deals with bankruptcies and your city's biggest accomplishments to date are 8 acres of mowed lawn to hold concerts on near a waterway that has been here since the dawn of age and food trucks. Not to mention the "revitalization" being proclaimed is pretty much the same handful of developers getting public money to RENT out units to the masses while less than 1,000 units have come public for sale.

Lets get back on track.

http://blogs.wsj.com...ag-to-fabulous/

http://buffalorising...rewing-company/

http://buffalorising...the-east-canal/

http://www.trendingb...is-larkinville/

http://www.landscape...ch/article/7234

All new(within 5 years) stuff that's already completed and in full swing. Some public, some private, all awesome.

Edited by sabills

Okie Dokie....

Allow me the next hour to search the forum for the 2 dozen derogatory comments on Battista and his Italian Heritage....

It was a black/watermelon joke.....tinged in the fact the Eleven admits he works for a major law firm in Buffalo that deals with bankruptcies and your city's biggest accomplishments to date are 8 acres of mowed lawn to hold concerts on near a waterway that has been here since the dawn of age and food trucks. Not to mention the "revitalization" being proclaimed is pretty much the same handful of developers getting public money to RENT out units to the masses while less than 1,000 units have come public for sale.

Go F Yourselves..... Either take a joke for what it is.... or go F yourselves.

What doesn't belong in an awesome thread is a law office grossing $70 million a year in revenues getting excited about $40 of free watermelon....

I'll make it easy for you. Just go to your profile and hit the Posts button.

:lol:

2. Just relax. Try to breathe through your nose.

This, right here, belongs in the Things that are awesome thread.

I'll make it easy for you. Just go to your profile and hit the Posts button.

:lol:

Beat me to it you bastage.

Lets get back on track.

http://blogs.wsj.com...ag-to-fabulous/

http://buffalorising...rewing-company/

http://buffalorising...the-east-canal/

http://www.trendingb...is-larkinville/

http://www.landscape...ch/article/7234

All new(within 5 years) stuff that's already completed and in full swing. Some public, some private, all awesome.

:thumbsup:

Downtown is becoming awesome. I saw more development going on there this morning than two days in D.C. The harbour is marvelous, especially if you recall what it was like a decade ago or longer.

Edited by sizzlemeister

Downtown is becoming awesome. I saw more development going on there this morning than two days in D.C. The harbour is marvelous, especially if you recall what it was like a decade ago or longer.

Absolutely agree. Yesterday I took a walk around the downtown area on my lunch break and from the Main St. revitalization/drivability renovation down by the theater district (which looks awesome now btw) and the canalside area including the new Marriott and water feature and obviously the Harbor Center, it actually looks like a place I will be proud to call my hometown.

The next step is 'linking' the nice area by canalside to the business district by M&T Plaza/Lafayette Square area. Currently there is a huge hole of nothingness between Division streets and canalside (namely the empty HSBC building)

But...but I want to complain about something!

There is plenty for you to complain about. Get your rich, white jokes ready while you condemn jokes against pretty much anyone else.

Absolutely agree. Yesterday I took a walk around the downtown area on my lunch break and from the Main St. revitalization/drivability renovation down by the theater district (which looks awesome now btw) and the canalside area including the new Marriott and water feature and obviously the Harbor Center, it actually looks like a place I will be proud to call my hometown.

Haven't been to the theatre district in a little bit, at least to walk around. I used to work in that area and have very not-fond memories. I have plans to be down there soon, so I'm looking forward to checking out what they've done. Opening up the roads to traffic is llooooonnnnngggg over due.

Edited by sizzlemeister

There is plenty for you to complain about. Get your rich, white jokes ready while you condemn jokes against pretty much anyone else.

Haven't been to the theatre district in a little bit, at least to walk around. I used to work in that area and have very not-fond memories. I have plans to be down there soon, so I'm looking forward to checking out what they've done. Opening up the roads to traffic is llooooonnnnngggg over due.

Don't get me wrong the current construction is super annoying and is probably killing whatever local business has survived the Main St. wasteland, but the completed section in the theater district has really great walkability and greenspace planters to give it a nice look. It's still only a one lane road with side parking and a bike lane, but it looks great visually

Saturday mornings on Lake Ontario are fecking awesome.

<pic>

That really is awesome. Catch anything?

Weed is awesome. (teehee) Today is the one year anniversary of my daughter's last seizure. She's had 2 or 3 staring spells, but nothing even remotely major since we started her on the pot. (teehee) Meeting with her neurologist on Monday to talk about starting to ween her off of the Pharma meds. Some are pretty strong and inhibit learning. Very psyched.

Weed is awesome. (teehee) Today is the one year anniversary of my daughter's last seizure. She's had 2 or 3 staring spells, but nothing even remotely major since we started her on the pot. (teehee) Meeting with her neurologist on Monday to talk about starting to ween her off of the Pharma meds. Some are pretty strong and inhibit learning. Very psyched.

This is still so cool to me. I tell everyone who will listen about your daughter and her success story. This is the kind of GOOD news that we need the public to hear about.

This is still so cool to me. I tell everyone who will listen about your daughter and her success story. This is the kind of GOOD news that we need the public to hear about.

:thumbsup: Thanks for spreading the word. Unfortunately, it's usually the guy that hasn't showered in a week smoking a bong on the steps of city hall that get's the headlines.

Great. I feel like the occasion calls for another day out on the road.

1. Glad to hear you've got something that works for your girl.

2. Went out looking for walleyes, would have been happy catching bass, had to settle for sheepshead. Did catch some bass too but the drum were really hitting. I'd rather catch walleyes for the table but 5-7lb drum are entertaining enough. And jeez, the morning was too beautiful to complain about anything anyway.

1. Glad to hear you've got something that works for your girl.

2. Went out looking for walleyes, would have been happy catching bass, had to settle for sheepshead. Did catch some bass too but the drum were really hitting. I'd rather catch walleyes for the table but 5-7lb drum are entertaining enough. And jeez, the morning was too beautiful to complain about anything anyway.

Ugh. Totally jealous. Are drum also called silver bass? And when they bite it feels like you just got hit by a car?

Ugh. Totally jealous. Are drum also called silver bass? And when they bite it feels like you just got hit by a car?

Silver bass is a different animal. They look like 1-2lb striped bass. Fun as hell to catch but not very tasty. They finished their spawning run a few weeks ago. Caught a bunch of them at the time. Sheepshead are freshwater drum. I believe it is a fresh water adapted salt water drum. Ugly as hell and sometimes they make weird grunting noises when you get them out of the water. And the big ones do hit like a car. The first one today was all of 7lbs and damn near took my rod out of my hand when it hit.

Silver bass is a different animal. They look like 1-2lb striped bass. Fun as hell to catch but not very tasty. They finished their spawning run a few weeks ago. Caught a bunch of them at the time. Sheepshead are freshwater drum. I believe it is a fresh water adapted salt water drum. Ugly as hell and sometimes they make weird grunting noises when you get them out of the water. And the big ones do hit like a car. The first one today was all of 7lbs and damn near took my rod out of my hand when it hit.

Interesting. I've caught many a sheepher, just never knew they were called drum. Caught some silver bass as well, but usually when trying for smallmouth or lakers from shore up from Artpark. Gat Dam I have to move back.

Thanx Bio.

Weird Al's been putting out a new music video every day the past week for his new album. He's redone "Fancy," "Blurred Lines," "Happy," and "Royals" to name a few. This one's my favorite so far

Edited by WildCard

Weird Al's been putting out a new music video every day the past week for his new album. He's redone "Fancy," "Blurred Lines," "Happy," and "Royals" to name a few. This one's my favorite so far

I've heard bits and pieces of his new stuff, but that one was incredible.