Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Just finished call #2. I had to give a brief description of myself for about 5 minutes and then it quickly turned to a 30 minute sales pitch from Duke. I was told that they will probably make an offer as early as Monday. Wow, this has been one crazy week. This whole thing presented itself to me last Thursday and here we are already.

Good for you!

Just finished call #2. I had to give a brief description of myself for about 5 minutes and then it quickly turned to a 30 minute sales pitch from Duke. I was told that they will probably make an offer as early as Monday. Wow, this has been one crazy week. This whole thing presented itself to me last Thursday and here we are already.

Wow, nice. If you take it I guess you'll have to align yourself with the Blue Devils in the other great Triangle sports rivalry.

So fast. Just had a quick follow up call and they will make me an offer but it just has to go through HR first. Hopefully that can be processed today. My would be boss even suggested a minor edit to my resume (deleting two words) that should lead to a higher offer.

So fast. Just had a quick follow up call and they will make me an offer but it just has to go through HR first. Hopefully that can be processed today. My would be boss even suggested a minor edit to my resume (deleting two words) that should lead to a higher offer.

HR ... Republika Hrvatska ... Croatian Republic

Awesome. FWIW, I've spent quite a bit of time in that area and still visit regularly and I like it quite a bit. NC is a pretty, woodsy environment and Duke is an elite institution.

No place is perfect, and NC doesn't have some of the big-city advantages that Boston does, but this sounds like potentially a great move.

If you do end up moving, I would recommend looking for a place in or close to Chapel Hill, which is nicer than Durham (though still quite close) and has better restaurants and generally more going on.

Congrats.