Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Awesome. FWIW, I've spent quite a bit of time in that area and still visit regularly and I like it quite a bit. NC is a pretty, woodsy environment and Duke is an elite institution.

No place is perfect, and NC doesn't have some of the big-city advantages that Boston does, but this sounds like potentially a great move.

If you do end up moving, I would recommend looking for a place in or close to Chapel Hill, which is nicer than Durham (though still quite close) and has better restaurants and generally more going on.

Congrats.

Durham has actually experienced quite a resurgence in the last decade, and IMO their restaurant scene has surpassed Chapel Hill. Downtown Raleigh also has a fantastic mix of bars and restaurants.

Chapel Hill in Orange county and Raleigh in Wake county have better schools than Durham county...or so I've heard.

The wife and kids got me a ticket to Iron Chef Walter Royal's fathers day grilling school at the Angus Barn in Raleigh. At 12:30 the limo arrives to pick up myself and 8 other dads. Awesome.

That is awesome!

I usually have an english muffin most mornings here at work. The toaster in our office is really crappy. The muffins are tough to take out without burning my hand. What you need to do is hit the lever on the toaster so that they spring out of the toaster high enough to catch. Today I was having no luck at all and got frustrated. I the lever so hard that the english muffin jumped up in the air and landed in the other slot on the toaster. It was amazing! I couldn't do that again if I tried... but of course I will from now on.

Oh, and thanks to everyone that has offered advice so far.

Edited by shrader

I usually have an english muffin most mornings here at work. The toaster in our office is really crappy. The muffins are tough to take out without burning my hand. What you need to do is hit the lever on the toaster so that they spring out of the toaster high enough to catch. Today I was having no luck at all and got frustrated. I the lever so hard that the english muffin jumped up in the air and landed in the other slot on the toaster. It was amazing! I couldn't do that again if I tried... but of course I will from now on.

Oh, and thanks to everyone that has offered advice so far.

You need one of these:

wooden toast tongs

Edited by biodork

The wife and kids got me a ticket to Iron Chef Walter Royal's fathers day grilling school at the Angus Barn in Raleigh. At 12:30 the limo arrives to pick up myself and 8 other dads. Awesome.

WOW. That is cool. How was it?

Little kid on a paved trail is struggling to get going on his bike. In fact, he's not moving. "You're like a clown on a circus strike!" yells the dad, playfully. I have no idea what it means, either, but it's perfect. I am hoping they can work that into the Sabres broadcasts next season. "Ehrhoff stood in front of the net like a clown on a circus strike! And it's 5-1 Islanders."

Little kid on a paved trail is struggling to get going on his bike. In fact, he's not moving. "You're like a clown on a circus strike!" yells the dad, playfully. I have no idea what it means, either, but it's perfect. I am hoping they can work that into the Sabres broadcasts next season. "Ehrhoff stood in front of the net like a clown on a circus strike! And it's 5-1 Islanders."

Circus Trike? Maybe?

WOW. That is cool. How was it?

It was great. They had multiple stations at their beautiful outdoor lakeside pavilion that you rotated through. Grinding your own filet for burgers, butchering a chicken, brining brats and sausages, grilling steaks to perfection, cooking on grill with cast iron, smoking whole hogs and more. Of course you could sample what they were cooking at every station and waiters were circulating constantly with food from other stations. They even had some offal like chicken heart kabobs and marinated pork tongue tacos that were very good. After about two hours of stuffing myself and drinking local craft beer a few of us retired to a luxury cigar lounge bus (John McCain's old campaign tour bus is what we were told) for a nice stick. Awesome father's day.

It was great. They had multiple stations at their beautiful outdoor lakeside pavilion that you rotated through. Grinding your own filet for burgers, butchering a chicken, brining brats and sausages, grilling steaks to perfection, cooking on grill with cast iron, smoking whole hogs and more. Of course you could sample what they were cooking at every station and waiters were circulating constantly with food from other stations. They even had some offal like chicken heart kabobs and marinated pork tongue tacos that were very good. After about two hours of stuffing myself and drinking local craft beer a few of us retired to a luxury cigar lounge bus (John McCain's old campaign tour bus is what we were told) for a nice stick. Awesome father's day.

A) A live chicken?

B) Marinated Pork Tongue Tacos......that's awesome.

A) A live chicken?

That would have been awesome, but no just a demo on how to properly cut up a whole chicken into its component parts.

B) Marinated Pork Tongue Tacos......that's awesome.

Those were seriously one of the better items that I had, but five of the eight dads in our group refused to even try them.

We have to replace, Roby. It might as well be with this. :lol:

I like Circus Strike better, too.

This is where PA's creativity in interpreting the world leads to awesomeness.

Well done PA, you Rock!

Yes, much too late. We are through. And to think of all the drinks we had after long days at the Pegula Trial. And it was all for naught, after Judge Smell was bribed with a paper bag full of Kim Pegula's toenail clippings.

Can we get something from Drane or Olesha about how shrader is taking James B. Duke's dirty tobacco money?

Like I said...all is fair in Booze, Smokes, and 'tang

That would have been awesome, but no just a demo on how to properly cut up a whole chicken into its component parts.

Those were seriously one of the better items that I had, but five of the eight dads in our group refused to even try them.

I was in Jamaica for a week with friends that were from there, and their Anchor/Duff's local debate led us to a few roadside stands where they would pop the chicken right in front of you. It was bittersweet. You cringe at the "CAW-CAAAAAA!"......then 30 minutes later you have the best meal in months.

Tongue is the most underrated meat around. There used to be a place that would ship pickled lamb tongue, but they sold out and are no longer. You have to go to PA Dutch country now. We had a pig roast last fall and I literally tried every part of it minus the tongue and bits. Someone made a chimichurri for tacos and it was pure awesome.

Sounds like you had the best father's day ever.