Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I expect a photo posted of the destruction.

No one needs to know but us.

Gosh! I sure hope nothing happens to it.

I certainly hope you "misplace" it...

I opted for "misplacing" it. It's still in his house, but he might not find it for awhile.

Here is the glass, filled with Bell's Two Hearted Ale, that somehow survived my evil clutches on that day so long ago...

post-61-0-12669000-1403568230_thumb.jpg

I opted for "misplacing" it. It's still in his house, but he might not find it for awhile.

Here is the glass, filled with Bell's Two Hearted Ale, that somehow survived my evil clutches on that day so long ago...

Railings are such dreadful, unstable things.

Talk about a glass case of emotion.

You know what's awesome? Not that long ago we used to go to school and made it all the way to Grade 12 before there was a sniff of a ceremony or accomplishment or heck, even a cupcake.

The Russians and Chinese are going to take this country......holy-F.........

25 years ago they were celebrating kindergarten graduation in inner city catholic schools run by angry nuns.

There were cupcakes.

You know what's awesome? Not that long ago we used to go to school and made it all the way to Grade 12 before there was a sniff of a ceremony or accomplishment or heck, even a cupcake.

The Russians and Chinese are going to take this country......holy-F.........

?? I know my sister had a kindergarten graduation, and both of us had eighth grade graduation ceremonies (I skipped mine).

?? I know my sister had a kindergarten graduation, and both of us had eighth grade graduation ceremonies (I skipped mine).

I don't remember having a kindergarten one, but we had girl scouts related ones every year. There were always cupcakes. I wanted to skip the 8th grade one but I was valedictorian at the time and had to do some ceremonial ######. Does that crap even matter in 8th grade? The 8th grade salutatorian now owns his own damn company and has luxury cars and a huge house... Sure did better than me.

52 years ago, just outside of West Point:

sfs3.jpg

( :P My oldest son's Kindergarten graduation is today)

Not......gonna........say it......

It's the non-stop pounding on social media with every little detail. "Moving Up Day!!!" WTF is that? I understand for some kids it is an accomplishment at any grade....but the whole school thing is like giving everyone a trophy in sports, but worse. How do you expect anyone to aim high and set goals when we treat these kids like a puppy who just made a poopie outside for every little thing they do.

OK...to make it awesome, I can't remember a ceremony in kindergarten. I do remember my 25yo teacher with awesome cans, bending over to give me a hug on the last day. So I guess you can say there were cupcakes.....

My sister is in middle school, and she was just nominated for student of the month. I congratulated her, and she raised her eyebrows and said, "It's not a big deal, or even a real thing". It's anecdotal, but this is the sentiment I generally receive from children I know getting awards that they can sniff out to be phony and just trying to make them feel good.

I don't think it's leading to a dystopian communistic future or a wussification of our children.

It's the non-stop pounding on social media with every little detail. "Moving Up Day!!!" WTF is that? I understand for some kids it is an accomplishment at any grade....but the whole school thing is like giving everyone a trophy in sports, but worse. How do you expect anyone to aim high and set goals when we treat these kids like a puppy who just made a poopie outside for every little thing they do.

There was moving up day at my high school in the early 90s. Complete with people having to get up and switch which set of bleachers in the gym to sit in.