Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

d4rk and I attended a truly awesome wedding this weekend. I've only been to a couple that really stood out as exceptional- one being sabill's in fact.

It was very laid back, with live music (the groom is the drummer in this band: 

I'm not sure I'd ever seen a groom so happy. He and his wife were high school sweethearts, broke up, then found each other again. They arrived in an awesome old 1930 Chevy, there were lawn games, beer a flowin', a mini cannon, complimentary cigars, a bonfire with smores and... a fire dancer of all things. 

Didn't really want to leave. Reception was at the groom's parent's home in the country, by a pond in the fields. It was just a really good time. Most of the guests were artists/musicians/creatives of some type, so everyone you talked to was interesting or fun. None of the usual wedding "ok, at 530 we do the garter toss, after that it's the shoe game, followed by these 6 specific dances..." which was kind of refreshing. 

Good stuff. 

I signed up for Tidal yesterday. It seems like a lot of money at 20 bucks a month, but for the amount of music I listen to and the amount that they actually pay the artists, I figure it's worth it (if only Karmically). The sound quality is way better than all the rest too.

I only found out about it when we did this story. You can see me at 1:38 when he says "professional audio engineers." They don't have me talking because I actually got it right so it didn't fit their narrative.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000540997

I admit that listening to 10 or 20 second clips, it's quite difficult to hear a difference, especially depending on the program material. But after an hour or so of listening, my ears are way less fatigued.

Just say no to YouTube!

I considered Tidal a while back because of the high bit rate. I'm really picky about the sound quality of my music. To the point where I rooted my cell phones just so I can run the Viper4Android app.

I decided to go with Spotify because of the huge selection of music compared to Tidal. I've gotten in deep with my playlists now. Is Tidal catching up to Spotify?

"ok, at 530 we do the garter toss...."

I've caught that little at every wedding I've ever been to in my life, except the one where I was 5 years old. Dead serious! I'm 9 for my last 9. My best friend's wedding, 10 years ago was the worst one though. Dove through a pricker bush to get that one.

At this point, it's a matter of principal.

I've caught that little ###### at every wedding I've ever been to in my life, except the one where I was 5 years old. Dead serious! I'm 9 for my last 9. My best friend's wedding, 10 years ago was the worst one though. Dove through a pricker bush to get that one.

At this point, it's a matter of principal.

I've been at weddings where the garter hung in the air and dropped to floor amidst 10 bachelors with their hands in their pockets.  :w00t:

I've been at weddings where the garter hung in the air and dropped to floor amidst 10 bachelors with their hands in their pockets. :w00t:

Haha! I've lost 2 suits to garters.

Well...it was more due to whatever the bartender was pouring and bad decisions, but you know what I mean.

:thumbsup:

I didn't get to participate Sunday- nasty storms were forecast and I didn't want to pay money to race and then have it cancelled. So I'll be trying at the Ralph (sorry, new era...) in Buffalo on 9/11 instead. 

I got to test drive the car a bit on Saturday, and yeah, I'm definitely not used to just diving into it and squealing those tires. His car has a ton of body roll too, so I end up using a lot more of my abs to keep full control than I anticipated. I'm ace at gokarts, so it's just like a big ol' go kart! Drove a bit in the rain and the a$$ was kicking out all over. Decided I'd wait until I'm more experienced to race in the rain. 

Thanks for the advice! I hope to drive it a bit more before I actually race. My friend can just throw it into curves without fear and I'm still getting used not expecting to roll haha 

It was pretty hilarious to get back into my car (stock subaru impreza) and have it feel like a giant squishy land yacht! 

Driving an Impreza in the rain......... now THAT'S fun! Especially on a track. 

So today is my birthday, and my wife made me two home made presents.  The first was a large photo frame with 4 pictures in it with the words "We Love You Dad" next to each picture of my twins.  Made me tear up.  

But then she almost tops that with the promise that I can buy the one thing that I've wanted since I was a little boy: Bills season tickets, for next season.  She had gone back and forth the last two years, and she finally caved in after I bought the boys their first Bills jerseys (they already had their first Sabres sweaters, don't worry).  Awesome day :)

So today is my birthday, and my wife made me two home made presents.  The first was a large photo frame with 4 pictures in it with the words "We Love You Dad" next to each picture of my twins.  Made me tear up.  

But then she almost tops that with the promise that I can buy the one thing that I've wanted since I was a little boy: Bills season tickets, for next season.  She had gone back and forth the last two years, and she finally caved in after I bought the boys their first Bills jerseys (they already had their first Sabres sweaters, don't worry).  Awesome day :)

Keeper!

I saw! It looks super cute. Happy little family. And Happy Biiirthdaaayyyy!!!!! 

My awesome is I found a partner for aerial hoop performances. My usual partner found someone else when I broke my leg, and I was terrified to perform solo. Now I don't have to. And now I'm excited again. 

The most effective commercial I've ever witnessed because holy ###### does it play with my feelings ... every. single. time.

Don't read the spoiler until you watch.

As somebody who has lost a brother this is damn good.

Edited by Hoss

The most effective commercial I've ever witnessed because holy ###### does it play with my feelings ... every. single. time.

Don't read the spoiler until you watch.

As somebody who has lost a brother this is damn good.

Hoss....thanks. Sorry for you. I know I'm gonna cry every time and I watch it anyway. Penny, Jane, Mom, Dave........you are all still alive.

The festering pimple of a relationship between the head foreman and me came to a head today so I popped it. I lit that dirt bag up. He is no longer the boss and no longer allowed to step foot in this local again. I win. You don't come to our local and treat our people that way. Ever. Good luck in your future endeavors, . For the first time this week I am sporting a smile that wasn't induced by alcohol. An honest to goodness smile of pleasure. I am simply glowing.

The festering pimple of a relationship between the head foreman and me came to a head today so I popped it. I lit that dirt bag up. He is no longer the boss and no longer allowed to step foot in this local again. I win. You don't come to our local and treat our people that way. Ever. Good luck in your future endeavors, ######. For the first time this week I am sporting a smile that wasn't induced by alcohol. An honest to goodness smile of pleasure. I am simply glowing.

Your stories are my favorite. Good on ya.

Moved into Rochester

Where aboot?

I'm not sure I've met a tougher hombre than my 2 year old. Today I was dumping mulch at the base of some pine trees and i unknowingly disturbed an underground bees nest. My boy got stung 5 times, I think I did once but the adrenaline made me oblivious. I ripped off his shirt as I could see their interest in it. When I got him inside I started counting. He stopped crying before I found the last sting. What a tough little dude.

Edited by inkman

Where aboot?

I'm not sure I've met a tougher hombre than my 2 year old. Today I was dumping mulch at the base of some pine trees and i unknowingly disturbed an underground bees nest. My boy got stung 5 times, I think I did once but the adrenaline made me oblivious. I ripped off his shirt as I could see their interest in it. When I got him inside I started counting. He stopped crying before I found the last sting. What a tough little dude.

Whereabouts do you live in Rochester, Ink? Maybe I've read it before on here, but I don't recall.

Sucks about the stings, but neat that your son is a trooper. I think I know plenty of adults that would be been crying much longer!