Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Interview on Friday AM in the industry I spent most of my career for a position I am familiar with.

Need the break to happen.

Good luck weave!

Canadaigua

I'll be on Seneca in Watkins / Burdett tomorrow through Friday. Can't wait.

So I have a bit of a long winded post to make but I'll start with the basics. I will be giving notice at my current job this afternoon.

First off, I want to thank inkman for his help in getting me this job with his company last June. Ink's generosity helped get me out of a major financial (and I guess emotional) hole that I was in. I couldn't have asked for more from some guy who I hang out with on the f*cking internet. :P It's a reminder to me that this place really is a family. We're dysfunctional, but we're family. Again, I owe you a beer or two at the next Amerks game Ink.

The bigger news here is that after several years out of academia and 7 years removed from engineering study, I will be returning to UB at the end of August to try and get my life back on track and finish the engineering degree I started at RIT back in 2005. This has been a long road for me. I left Mechanical Engineering during my third year at RIT because I just didn't know what the hell I was doing. I stuck around and earned a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice and through 2011 I was working towards a Master's in that same field. But it wasn't meant to be. Truthfully I could not manufacture passion for it. So I thought long and hard about what I wanted to do and where I want to be in life, and decided I needed to go back and finish my engineering degree. This time around it will be Civil Engineering as opposed to Mechanical, but it is the path that feels right to me when I wake up every morning. I am terrified and excited.

Because of this I've had to seek out new work. Starting the last week of July I will be on the sales floor part time at the new Pure Hockey store here in Rochester. I went out of my way to try and get a part time job there because I know the sport and I believe that helping launch such a business will be fun for me. It will provide me a work opportunity here in Rochester while I spend three days each week attending classes in Buffalo. So come on down if you live in Rochester and need some hockey gear, I'll be happy to serve you. ;)

The next few years are going to be the hardest of my life. I'm returning to school as an adult and I will be splitting my time between two cities an hour apart. Buffalo and Rochester will both be my home again. I'll be struggling to put food in my mouth and gas in my car, but I'm excited and am confident that the support of Josie and my family in Buffalo will help me see this through.

I've said at other times in my life that so the Sabres go, I go as well. With some help I believe I've made it out of my personal Regier era and am now entering my full rebuild as well. Stanley Cup champions 2017, you heard it here first.

That's awesome -- best luck in your new endeavers, d4rk!

Quitter. :P

Good luck! I think your calves grew two sizes today.

:clapping:

Didn't everyone first drive their dad's car at age nine? I'll be Goddamned if my kid is going to miss out on one of life's rites of passage just because she's horribly broken.

http://youtu.be/3jcgZD8y9jI

On another note, Western New York. It's just awesome. Finishing up 2 weeks away from work, spent mostly at Canadice Lake, but tooling around the whole region as far as Niagara Falls. Once NY changes their MMJ laws (1 year seizure free anniversary coming up), I'm going to do everything in my power to move back. It's not just the food, the fishing, the swimming, the landscape, etc. It's the people.

Actually,… it's the fishing and swimming.

You are a great Dad, Swamp D.

My Nine Year Old Son is Autistic and there is no way I am going to let him miss out on the joys of life.

Edited by BRAWNDO

So I have a bit of a long winded post to make but I'll start with the basics. I will be giving notice at my current job this afternoon.

First off, I want to thank inkman for his help in getting me this job with his company last June. Ink's generosity helped get me out of a major financial (and I guess emotional) hole that I was in. I couldn't have asked for more from some guy who I hang out with on the f*cking internet. :P It's a reminder to me that this place really is a family. We're dysfunctional, but we're family. Again, I owe you a beer or two at the next Amerks game Ink.

The bigger news here is that after several years out of academia and 7 years removed from engineering study, I will be returning to UB at the end of August to try and get my life back on track and finish the engineering degree I started at RIT back in 2005. This has been a long road for me. I left Mechanical Engineering during my third year at RIT because I just didn't know what the hell I was doing. I stuck around and earned a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice and through 2011 I was working towards a Master's in that same field. But it wasn't meant to be. Truthfully I could not manufacture passion for it. So I thought long and hard about what I wanted to do and where I want to be in life, and decided I needed to go back and finish my engineering degree. This time around it will be Civil Engineering as opposed to Mechanical, but it is the path that feels right to me when I wake up every morning. I am terrified and excited.

Because of this I've had to seek out new work. Starting the last week of July I will be on the sales floor part time at the new Pure Hockey store here in Rochester. I went out of my way to try and get a part time job there because I know the sport and I believe that helping launch such a business will be fun for me. It will provide me a work opportunity here in Rochester while I spend three days each week attending classes in Buffalo. So come on down if you live in Rochester and need some hockey gear, I'll be happy to serve you. ;)

The next few years are going to be the hardest of my life. I'm returning to school as an adult and I will be splitting my time between two cities an hour apart. Buffalo and Rochester will both be my home again. I'll be struggling to put food in my mouth and gas in my car, but I'm excited and am confident that the support of Josie and my family in Buffalo will help me see this through.

I've said at other times in my life that so the Sabres go, I go as well. With some help I believe I've made it out of my personal Regier era and am now entering my full rebuild as well. Stanley Cup champions 2017, you heard it here first.

Good on you. I went back and finished my 4 yr degree at the age of 30. I was a much better student the 2nd time around.

Good on you. I went back and finished my 4 yr degree at the age of 30. I was a much better student the 2nd time around.

That's how I feel. I'm regretting not knowing better when I was younger and didn't have to shoulder my adult responsibilities but that's life. I'm all business now.

Thank you all for the well wishes. Cross your fingers for me :lol:

You are a great Dad, Swamp D.

My Nine Year Old Son is Autistic and there is no way I am going to let him miss out on the joys of life.

Rock on BRAWNDO.

--

It's not awesome that he died. It's awesome that he lived. Charlie Haden died today at 76. Of all the bass players, he's the guy for me. I'm pretty sure that every note I play, he already played.

RIP

Congratulations to all of our German friends, even Christian Ehrhoff.

Ehrhoff gave up on Germany as soon as things started to get rough in 1944. He decided to go with Switzerland because they weren't going to need a rebuild.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

Probably more odd than awesome but....

There is a "farm" on my commute that has a few exotic animals. The pen closest to the road usually has a couple camels in it, but sometimes I see ostriches (or emu's, not sure which).

This morning one of the critters got out of its pen. Standing right on the shoulder of the road was......... a kangaroo. I had to do a double take. A kangaroo on the side of the road FFS.

There is a "farm" on my commute that has a few exotic animals. The pen closest to the road usually has a couple camels in it, but sometimes I see ostriches (or emu's, not sure which).

This morning one of the critters got out of its pen. Standing right on the shoulder of the road was......... a kangaroo. I had to do a double take. A kangaroo on the side of the road FFS.

Crikey.

Weave ran it down dead. ZFG. Marsupials suck. Wahoooo!

One of my good friends is Australian. Kangaroos can be a nuisance down under, and they do cause a lot of traffic accidents. I think they have government shooting programs aimed at thinning the population like they do here with deer.

edit: and weave, watch out for cassowary at that exotic animal farm. Legend has it that they can eviscerate a human with one kick from its massive claw.

Edited by Claude_Verret

Lol I thank God every day that guy is no longer in my lab. I literally kept car air fresheners and jar of strong peppermint lotion at my desk so I couldn't smell him. Blech.

Lol I thank God every day that guy is no longer in my lab. I literally kept car air fresheners and jar of strong peppermint lotion at my desk so I couldn't smell him. Blech.

I think he works in my group now. Was he an honest 350lbs and showered maybe once a week? Weird as hell, obsessed with cats,and lives with his parent in his mid-to-late 20's?

I need to get out of here in the worst way.

I think he works in my group now. Was he an honest 350lbs and showered maybe once a week? Weird as hell, obsessed with cats,and lives with his parent in his mid-to-late 20's?

I need to get out of here in the worst way.

Replace weird with lazy and have him living alone, and that's him. I'm much less hostile at work now that he's gone.

Replace weird with lazy and have him living alone, and that's him. I'm much less hostile at work now that he's gone.

Lazy and weird. Lives with parents, older brother also still lives at home. Has three cats and a rat for pets. Dude smells like a combo of BO and mildew. Thankfully he's on the other end of our lab. Strangest individual I have ever worked with.

Lazy and weird. Lives with parents, older brother also still lives at home. Has three cats and a rat for pets. Dude smells like a combo of BO and mildew. Thankfully he's on the other end of our lab. Strangest individual I have ever worked with.

I bet he went to RIT. Is his name Merl?