Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Thanks again everyone for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

It's looking more and more like the latest episode is another manifestation of my wife's chronic neurological issues. Which is, strangely enough, a good thing, in the sense that it is likely not something new.

WildCard, best wishes concerning your father. My wife's neuro issues are very similar to MS, but she has not been diagnosed. So, the docs are pretty much scratching their collective heads as to what to call it. No matter what you want to call it the result is ... pretty much complete disability.

We will soldier on together, as we have been. Both our families (except for one cousin and his family) and many friends "disowned" us when we started going to Bosnia to help those "damn Muslims" (even though we help everyone over there, regardless of religion) and especially when we embraced Islam. Oh, well ... no great loss, as we did not see eye to eye on most things. We are all we have plus a few exceptionally great newish friends ... our families of choice.

Yesterday we executed updated Wills, POAs and "Living Wills". We were in the process of doing so, as we update every 5 years. I encourage everyone to make sure all your paperwork is in order and your ducks are in a row, as you never know what might happen.

Again, you guys and gals are all awesome. Even though I have never met any members, I feel we all have each others back. It's an awesome feeling and is very much appreciated.

ERW

Thanks for the update NS, I'm sorry to here about your wife's condition, not knowing what it is might be the worst part of that. I'm certainly no doctor, but if it is something similar to MS then I can relate. Neurological disorders are strange things to deal with, that may sound like a typical way to classify any sort of condition but honestly "strange" might be the best way I can describe it. It attacks the most important part of your body, the part responsible for your personality, motor skills, everything, and for no logical reason. I could get into it a little more, but I'm not sure this is the right time for that. All I can say is what my dad always tells us, never treat him like anything is ever different, "I'm tough as woodpecker lips" is what he always says. :)

It sounds like you guys have been through a lot together, and it's clear how much you care for each other seeing how you've stayed together through all of that. Tell your wife to keep fighting, and that all of us here at the forum wish her the best and hope she gets well. My best wishes go out to the both of you. :thumbsup:

Edited by WildCard

Is that Rodan I see in the trailer? OMGOMGOMGOMG

The entire main cast of the original stars wars trilogy is returning to reprise their roles in Star Wars VII (which will take place 30 years after Return of the Jedi)

This is most awesome.

Excellent. I can continue my hatred of Luke Skywalker and once again root for the Sith.

The entire main cast of the original stars wars trilogy is returning to reprise their roles in Star Wars VII (which will take place 30 years after Return of the Jedi)

This is most awesome.

Are they not all like 70 now?

I must admit that the dude that played Han Solo in the original film was pretty hot.

Is that Rodan I see in the trailer? OMGOMGOMGOMG

That trailer is the best I've seen, cannot f*cking wait to see this movie!!

I think he's supposed to fight 2-3 monsters, Rodan and Gigan are the two I keep hearing (Pretty sure Weave's right though, can't technically call them that)

Are they not all like 70 now?

I must admit that the dude that played Han Solo in the original film was pretty hot.

This guy?

1398893069746.jpg

Not sure who shopped this or what that patch on his vest mean, but the mustache is hilarious.

Edited by WildCard

So I was thinking the other day about how I have three different horn honking techniques that I use while driving:

1. The quick double tap to politely get someone's attention,

2. The continuous laying on the horn when pissed off, and

3. The "Let's go Buffalo".

I bet there aren't too many towns that have their own horn honking technique. That right there is awesome.

So I was thinking the other day about how I have three different horn honking techniques that I use while driving:

I bet there aren't too many towns that have their own horn honking technique. That right there is awesome.

You're such Masshole.

Haroo!

This probably won't embed, but it's worth the click-through. The meerkat sketch from Amy Schumer's show. I haven't laughed like that in a long, long time.

http://www.cc.com/episodes/xhmvjq/inside-amy-schumer-allergic-to-nuts-season-2-ep-205

“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As longs as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.” —Anne Frank

“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As longs as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.” —Anne Frank

I just got back from an hour long walk on my break because of this. I agree.

Or a long motorcycle ride....

That's because they spead themselves out over the highway instead. :ph34r:

This wreck was just last week right in front of my workplace. I came upon it just after it happened. It wasn't pretty, and combining the fact that I was in a serious accident myself several years ago it shook me up for awhile.

http://www.wral.com/motorcyclist-dies-after-running-red-light-in-durham-troopers-say/13594089/

This wreck was just last week right in front of my workplace. I came upon it just after it happened. It wasn't pretty, and combining the fact that I was in a serious accident myself several years ago it shook me up for awhile.

http://www.wral.com/...s-say/13594089/

I've wanted a bike and a license for a long time now. However, a couple years ago I was in Germany visiting my Dad. I saw the results of motorcyclist vs fully loaded logger truck on the Autobahn. Part of him wasn't with the rest of him, and that particular part of him was staring at me through a busted visor as we sat in traffic waiting to get by. The other person riding with him was there with the police, let's just say that if dead man's eyes weren't enough, the living man's face did the rest.

That has haunted me and every time I've pulled the money together and gotten ready to buy the bike/take the class, it comes floating back and I put the money back in the bank. It also is why I will give TONS of room to bikers on the road.

I wanna ride but god, I'm scared.

I've wanted a bike and a license for a long time now. However, a couple years ago I was in Germany visiting my Dad. I saw the results of motorcyclist vs fully loaded logger truck on the Autobahn. Part of him wasn't with the rest of him, and that particular part of him was staring at me through a busted visor as we sat in traffic waiting to get by. The other person riding with him was there with the police, let's just say that if dead man's eyes weren't enough, the living man's face did the rest.

That has haunted me and every time I've pulled the money together and gotten ready to buy the bike/take the class, it comes floating back and I put the money back in the bank. It also is why I will give TONS of room to bikers on the road.

I wanna ride but god, I'm scared.

Motorcycles are great for single people. Let's buy a convertible instead.