Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Maybe not AWESOME awesome, but I finally got a chance to see "Man of Steel" and I think it's as good a superhero flick as the original Iron Man or The Dark Knight. Pleasantly surprised as it was panned by the critics.

This might be served in a better thread, but I'm alive and not paralyzed so I think it's pretty awesome. So on my Saturday shift I told one of the newer employees to go home a few minutes earlier because his family was coming to visit. I then forgot to do his work, so I had to come back a few hours later. After I finished I was driving home and I got into an accident. A car ahead of me was turning left and the one behind him made a move that looked like he was going around the guy turning. I was a good distance away so I kept my speed at thirty, the limit, and went to go around. Well the second car decided against circumventing the car turning left and so I had to bail down a side street; flying head first over a curb and into a very large tree at 30mph. The car might be destroyed, and with it my savings, but nobody was walking on that sidewalk I hopped and I walked out okay, so in the long run ill take 7k over paralysis and vehicular manslaughter, not too mention the guilt that would come with it. Sorry for the length, just had a lot on my mind since it happened, thanks for listening

Edited by WildCard

This might be served in a better thread, but I'm alive and not paralyzed so I think it's pretty awesome. So on my Saturday shift I told one of the newer employees to go home a few minutes earlier because his family was coming to visit. I then forgot to do his work, so I had to come back a few hours later. After I finished I was driving home and I got into an accident. A car ahead of me was turning left and the one behind him made a move that looked like he was going around the guy turning. I was a good distance away so I kept my speed at thirty, the limit, and went to go around. Well the second car decided against circumventing the car turning left and so I had to bail down a side street; flying head first over a curb and into a very large tree at 30mph. The car might be destroyed, and with it my savings, but nobody was walking on that sidewalk I hopped and I walked out okay, so in the long run ill take 7k over paralysis and vehicular manslaughter, not too mention the guilt that would come with it. Sorry for the length, just had a lot on my mind since it happened, thanks for listening

Wow. Glad you're ok.

Woah.

That totally blows. But like you said, it could've been way worse. Glad you're okay, man.

Glad you're ok. In the blink of an eye.

They were running a story on the news out here last night about how some idiot was parked in front of a fire hydrant during a fire. The firemen had to bust out his windows and run the hose through there. It was great. The story got even better this morning. At some point the news stations identified the owner and he told them that he parked there DURING the fire so that he could go check on someone. They're raising them dumb out here in New England! I think he made up that story though, thinking it would make him look like a valiant hero, rushing in to save the day. Instead it makes him look even more stupid.

Nice...I may pay the $5 in a few minutes for it. It looked like a bittersweet one....

Didja watch it Ghost?

Sorry, I'm a bit obsessed with this film. I've seen it three times now. I lost both of my parents in recent years and the theme of child becoming parent rang so true. As bittersweet as it was, I am coming to believe the air compressor scene might be the funniest scene I've ever scene. Bob Odenkirk slays it with one look.

Didja watch it Ghost?

Sorry, I'm a bit obsessed with this film. I've seen it three times now. I lost both of my parents in recent years and the theme of child becoming parent rang so true. As bittersweet as it was, I am coming to believe the air compressor scene might be the funniest scene I've ever scene. Bob Odenkirk slays it with one look.

Yeah...I had the same experience as you and almost the same parents as the movie. It was so simple but so great. Not many movies can be serious yet make you laugh so many times.

Two things ...

The Mooseheads ...

In the semi finals in the Q playoffs. Don't know who their next opponent will be, but the Drakkar have also advanced to the semis. Shaping up to be a rematch of last seasons Q finals. 1 seed vs. 2 seed, but this time around the Drakkar will have the home ice, as the 1 seed, against the Mooseheads ... if it all works out.

And, much more meaningful is 11's news. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.