Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Ramadan.

It starts this evening at Maghrib (ṣalāt al-maġrib) prayers ... sunset prayers. 9:02 PM in Halifax tonight.

If you recall, as part of my fasting during the Holy month, I fast from all non-essential Internet use. Not only between the normal fasting period of Fajr (true dawn ... about 3:45 AM now in Halifax) until Maghrib, but for the entire month.

The last fasting day is August 7th, with Eid al-Fitr beginning on the 8th.

See you all on August 8th, Insha'Allah (God willing) when my next post will be letting you all know how awesome Eid al-Fitr is.

Salam / Peace.

ERW

Ramadan.

It starts this evening at Maghrib (ṣalāt al-maġrib) prayers ... sunset prayers. 9:02 PM in Halifax tonight.

If you recall, as part of my fasting during the Holy month, I fast from all non-essential Internet use. Not only between the normal fasting period of Fajr (true dawn ... about 3:45 AM now in Halifax) until Maghrib, but for the entire month.

See you all on August 8th, Insha'Allah (God willing) when my next post will be letting you all know how awesome Eid al-Fitr is.

Salam / Peace.

ERW

Have a good fast.

Ramadan.

Salam / Peace.

ERW

Enjoy the celebration buddy.

Maybe I should join you on this internet fast thing :D

Ramadan.

Salam / Peace.

ERW

Why do I always think Ramadan is in November? Do you guys have another occasion that month?

Just got a couple pre-qual mortgage offers, been house shopping for a while now and I have one more house to see tomorrow before an offer goes in. Feelings are kinda jumbled between awesome, terrified, nausea, headache, excitement and holy crap frustrating...its been an experience, I'll say that.

Edited by ubkev

If you get the Golf channel they are running a piece on my BIL this week on the show Inside The PGA Tour. They did a nice job telling his story about toiling on the minor tours, growing up in Ottawa and his connection to the Sens. Here is a portion of it where he does a little skate and shoot with Alfredsson

http://www.pgatour.c...ch-hits-the-ice

Interview yesterday wasn't productive. Told me that they didn't think I'd be a good fit. that I'd be bored with the position. Well......

But the awesome part is I have an interview with yet another company on Monday afternoon.

If I go to enough of these things I may get good at them! :P

Interview yesterday wasn't productive. Told me that they didn't think I'd be a good fit. that I'd be bored with the position. Well......

But the awesome part is I have an interview with yet another company on Monday afternoon.

If I go to enough of these things I may get good at them! :P

Boy, if you go to enough of these interviews, Matrix will have to revisit his "end of the USA as we know it if we reelect Obama" scenario. :devil:

Spent a few hours with the family today at the Tonawanda Wildlife Refuge. For those of you who have never been, it is a hidden gem in western NY. There is a nesting pair of bald eagles right along the road. Don't even need binoculars to get a good look. But we also saw something today that I never would have guessed ever makes its way into the area. We were in one of the parking areas glassing for raptors (they have a population of ospreys and lots of hawks and vultures) and an older gentleman approached us and asked if we have ever seen pelicans around here. "No. I can't imagine they make their way out here". And he says "well there is a white pelican in among those cranes. I've got him centered in my spotting scope if you'd like to take a look". And sure enough, about 500 yards out was a white pelican, huge baggy beak and all, making himself at home in a flock of cranes. Right here in the refuge. I cannot imagine how a pelican ended up out here. And I can't imagine I'll see another one again in western NY. Pretty damned cool I must say.

Spent a few hours with the family today at the Tonawanda Wildlife Refuge. For those of you who have never been, it is a hidden gem in western NY. There is a nesting pair of bald eagles right along the road. Don't even need binoculars to get a good look. But we also saw something today that I never would have guessed ever makes its way into the area. We were in one of the parking areas glassing for raptors (they have a population of ospreys and lots of hawks and vultures) and an older gentleman approached us and asked if we have ever seen pelicans around here. "No. I can't imagine they make their way out here". And he says "well there is a white pelican in among those cranes. I've got him centered in my spotting scope if you'd like to take a look". And sure enough, about 500 yards out was a white pelican, huge baggy beak and all, making himself at home in a flock of cranes. Right here in the refuge. I cannot imagine how a pelican ended up out here. And I can't imagine I'll see another one again in western NY. Pretty damned cool I must say.

Thank you for mentioning this. I'll have to check it out soon!

If anyone here is ever near San Diego, the Chula Vista Nature Preserve is definitely worth checking out.