Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

The GW bridge is sick. I really have to get out more often for lunch.

Yeah, that was one of the first really big bridges I drove over when I was younger. I got the extra-surprise version by ending up on the lower level, so I was driving into a hill and suddenly I'm 200ft over the Hudson.

Last time I was over it was a couple years ago on a windy night, in the rain, on the bike. I chose the lower level thinking that it would be dry(er), but at every joint in the pavement above there was a 45 degree water fall from right to left. Each time I got to one I did my best to dodge left of right to avoid taking the water directly on the helmet. Still very cool to look down and see the water that far below.

Why was I doing this? I had never been to the Dinosaur BBQ in Manhattan. That's as good a reason as any, right?

I just sat through a weekly work meeting where expletives were flying for the whole hour. Some cost saving decisions are blowing up in people's faces right now and the meeting was very cranky (fitting for a thursday). I'm the type that just does what's asked of me and doesn't worry too much about the planning process, so it was very entertaining to sit back and watch this.

I just sat through a weekly work meeting where expletives were flying for the whole hour. Some cost saving decisions are blowing up in people's faces right now and the meeting was very cranky (fitting for a thursday). I'm the type that just does what's asked of me and doesn't worry too much about the planning process, so it was very entertaining to sit back and watch this.

I find the use of expletives at work to be very unprofessional. My current employer is a family owned operation with 4 family members in key positions. I have never seen meetings that were conducted with such little professionalism. Expletives and yelling amongst each other. Ugh. I wish I could say it is entertaining but I don't get any entertainment value out of witnessing heated arguing in the workplace.

I find the use of expletives at work to be very unprofessional. My current employer is a family owned operation with 4 family members in key positions. I have never seen meetings that were conducted with such little professionalism. Expletives and yelling amongst each other. Ugh. I wish I could say it is entertaining but I don't get any entertainment value out of witnessing heated arguing in the workplace.

By "expletives flying" I mean there were three or four. That's a ton by work standards.

Wow. The "f bombs" are always flying around my building, even more so when things get heated with the boss (although I usually abstain from partaking).

I'd say 95% of the days in my post college gainful employment have involved at least 1 f-bomb on a daily basis. And while wearing a suit, I've broken up fights between financial executives and once pulled a HOF trainer's choking hands off of a Derby security guard. Maybe I'm spoiled? :wub: