Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

So, the employer that laid me off in April just contacted me and offered me a job again.............. a 3 month contract position........ I politely declined.

OK, maybe that's not awesome at all. <_<

It's kinda awesome when you can tell an old employer to go screw.

It's kinda awesome when you can tell an old employer to go screw.

I just finished a conversation with a former co-worker from that place. My exact words were,"I'm just glad I have a full time gig and could tell them I don't need no stinking contract job".

So maybe there is more awesome there than I am giving credit for. :P

I just remembered a bit of foreshadowing from my interview with my current employer. He asked me if I was going back to my old job when they offer it to me again in two months. He said "when", not "if". I was laid off 9 weeks ago. Dude was pretty close to on the money.

I just finished a conversation with a former co-worker from that place. My exact words were,"I'm just glad I have a full time gig and could tell them I don't need no stinking contract job".

So maybe there is more awesome there than I am giving credit for. :P

I just remembered a bit of foreshadowing from my interview with my current employer. He asked me if I was going back to my old job when they offer it to me again in two months. He said "when", not "if". I was laid off 9 weeks ago. Dude was pretty close to on the money.

You should bring in some donuts as a prize.

Oh, I get it. chz thought sizzle was literally calling Darcy a woman, and thus assumed sizzle doesn't think a woman can be a GM. I took it to mean Darcy is a man who's been de-nutted — thus he has been behaving like a woman. Chz, you could have nailed sizzle with chauvinism, use of stereotypes and so forth. I don't think he was saying a woman couldn't be a good GM. He'd just want a woman with balls, figuratively speaking.

A serious question. Who are some of the leading female managers in women's hockey? Any in men's hockey?

For the record, I'd have no problem with a woman taking over in Buffalo, as long as her first transaction was waiving Pegula's grapes to Boca Raton.

Oh, I get it. chz thought sizzle was literally calling Darcy a woman, and thus assumed sizzle doesn't think a woman can be a GM. I took it to mean Darcy is a man who's been de-nutted — thus he has been behaving like a woman. Chz, you could have nailed sizzle with chauvinism, use of stereotypes and so forth. I don't think he was saying a woman couldn't be a good GM. He'd just want a woman with balls, figuratively speaking.

A serious question. Who are some of the leading female managers in women's hockey? Any in men's hockey?

For the record, I'd have no problem with a woman taking over in Buffalo, as long as her first transaction was waiving Pegula's grapes to Boca Raton.

Saying Darcy "has been behaving like a woman" is an insult to women.

Wait a minute, are you saying people are taking this thread and that banter seriously? No way.