Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I'll post this here as I'm not really sure what the best place would be.

I've got something here that is potentially awesome. I've sent out a couple resumes over the past month just as a fallback. I'm not actively looking to move but if the right option presents itself I would act. Well anyway, I got a response today from one I had pretty much forgotten about. It is with the same hospital that I was with for 6 years prior to my current job. They want to talk to me and the lead guy there noticed that I live not too far from him and he's suggesting we meet face to face locally. So it sounds like your basic phone interview, except in person. He also says we could just do a phone call.

So here is my question. The face to face must be a better option than the phone call, right? It can't be an all out formal interview since it isn't in their office. So if I do opt for the in person, how fancy should I get, shirt and tie? A suit seems a bit overboard for a meeting at a local coffee spot or something along those lines.

Sounds good.

Suit all the way, every time. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

You just have to thread that needle between a Derek Roy Slug Jersey and a Tuxedo with Tails. shouldn't be too hard.

Definitely the Derek Roy Slug Jersey, as long as he makes sure to tuck it into his pants and he makes sure he lifts his arms constantly to show off the gray armpits.

I'll post this here as I'm not really sure what the best place would be.

I've got something here that is potentially awesome. I've sent out a couple resumes over the past month just as a fallback. I'm not actively looking to move but if the right option presents itself I would act. Well anyway, I got a response today from one I had pretty much forgotten about. It is with the same hospital that I was with for 6 years prior to my current job. They want to talk to me and the lead guy there noticed that I live not too far from him and he's suggesting we meet face to face locally. So it sounds like your basic phone interview, except in person. He also says we could just do a phone call.

So here is my question. The face to face must be a better option than the phone call, right? It can't be an all out formal interview since it isn't in their office. So if I do opt for the in person, how fancy should I get, shirt and tie? A suit seems a bit overboard for a meeting at a local coffee spot or something along those lines.

Face to face. And a sport coat is a nice compromise between the formality of a suit and business casual.

Taking the girl to her first Sabres/hockey game/professional sporting even tomorrow night. Obviously not the two most talented rosters she could see for her first time, but I'm excited nonetheless.

Question: how has attendance been? I often move up to 100 if I sit in 300 if the games aren't too heavy. Any idea?

Taking the girl to her first Sabres/hockey game/professional sporting even tomorrow night. Obviously not the two most talented rosters she could see for her first time, but I'm excited nonetheless.

Question: how has attendance been? I often move up to 100 if I sit in 300 if the games aren't too heavy. Any idea?

How do you manage that with all of the ushers watching out?

Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo?????

WTF am I watching????

Does our Nova Scotian delegation ever go to this? The most recent was on PBS tonight. I am a sucker for the military and patriotic pageantry and old school music. I actually just did some research and the Halifax jazz festival overlaps. I can honestly say a long weekend of Tattoo, Jazz, and seafood in a scenic locale is a perfect trip. This is now on my 5 year bucket list.....

Watching the Tyson version now. I'm greatly enjoying it. It's beautiful. The animations will help capture the attention of kids in case they weren't already riveted by the gorgeous renderings of storms on Mars and Jupiter. I was skeptical about the animations/Seth MacFarlane's involvement but... it's good. I've been a fan of Tyson's Nova series- just the right mix of goofy and informational.

In case anyone is confused where to catch it- watch it on Hulu for free!

The show is awesome. Neil deGrasse Tyson is the perfect steward for this show, as is Seth McFarlane, apparently. It makes sense, though, as I'm pretty sure that Seth is an alien.

Does our Nova Scotian delegation ever go to this? The most recent was on PBS tonight. I am a sucker for the military and patriotic pageantry and old school music. I actually just did some research and the Halifax jazz festival overlaps. I can honestly say a long weekend of Tattoo, Jazz, and seafood in a scenic locale is a perfect trip. This is now on my 5 year bucket list.....

I went one time with my best friend (a WWII vet of the Polish / RAF) before he passed away a few years back.

It is a very good show, but it's in the hockey arena (not the best location).

There is a strong military tradition and history in Halifax. NS is a great place to visit. Lots to see and do.

PM me when / if it reaches the top of your bucket list. Be glad to show you around.

Taco Tuesday at work. They bought us Moes. Everyone is going to be lined up for the bathroom shortly, but it's ok.

I've been very unlucky this week with work bathroom trips. Three times I've walked into the men's room and been confronted with vile stenches unlike anything I've encountered in my life. If the same person was responsible for all three episodes I'd head to the doctor immediately if I were him.

I've been very unlucky this week with work bathroom trips. Three times I've walked into the men's room and been confronted with vile stenches unlike anything I've encountered in my life. If the same person was responsible for all three episodes I'd head to the doctor immediately if I were him.

we've had an elephant pooping in our bathrooms. two or three cloggings in the last week. ridiculous

My soon to be 15-year-old nephew loves the Jim Gaffigan bit on Hot Pockets. Whenever I notice them in the store, I give him a call. Tonight, for the first time, I noticed Lean Pockets. I called to ask him what the deal is with Lean Pockets. Without missing a beat, and with perfect comedic timing, he said, "Instead of fake meat, they have fake vegetables." Taught him everything he knows.

Edited by PASabreFan

My soon to be 15-year-old nephew loves the Jim Gaffigan bit on Hot Pockets. Whenever I notice them in the store, I give him a call. Tonight, for the first time, I noticed Lean Pockets. I called to ask him what the deal is with Lean Pockets. Without missing a beat, and with perfect comedic timing, he said, "Instead of fake meat, they have fake vegetables." Taught him everything he knows.

That bit is one of the best in comedy. It's funny every time.

I never have LOLed at that bit. I mean, we all know Hot Pockets are disgusting. Maybe I need to see more of Gaffigan to appreciate him or something. That's all I have seen of him.

I never have LOLed at that bit. I mean, we all know Hot Pockets are disgusting. Maybe I need to see more of Gaffigan to appreciate him or something. That's all I have seen of him.

The trick with Gaffigan is if he gets you rolling you can't stop. It depends on whether you like his style though.

I saw Gaffigan once at a conference for the Deli, Dairy, Bakery industry. About half way through he launches into the Hot Pockets bit, and a group of 5 guys stand and start cheering like little girls. Turns out they work for Nestle, specifically the Hot Pockets line, and laughed uncontrollably through the whole routine. It actually through Gaffigan off at first, which made it even more amusing.